Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with a TESU degree plan for BA in English
I'm looking for a degree plan spreadsheet for TESU BA in English. Does anyone have one? I've seen several other degrees online but not specifically the English degree.

Thanks!
You can cover all of the English degree requirements by taking the Shmoop literature courses EXCEPT the non western lit requirement. There is no alternative credit course available for that at the present time. You'd have to take the course via a more traditional channel.

Also, if you decide to take the Shmoop courses, avoid Contemporary Lit.
TESU BALS Humanities, thanks to this place!

The mind is willing, but the wallet is weak.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Notgodot's post:
  • CarpeDiem8
I'm constructing a BA in English degree plan for TESU. I can see that the majority of the AOS classes can be covered by Shmoop courses, but how many of them transfer as UL-credits? I need 18 to make this work. I found this list somewhere else, but it's not official/confirmed. Does anyone know (or how would I find out) fo sure which courses qualify as UL credits?

Shmoop (College)/ [TESU PLA Database]
American Literature (College)/ [American Literature LIT-205]
British Literature (College)/ [English Literature LIT-208]
Contemporary Literature (College)/ [Contemporary Fiction ENG-387]
Drugs in Literature (College)/ [probably an ENG- or LIT-299 or -399]
Holocaust Literature (College)/ [The Holocaust I ENG-301]
Introduction to Poetry (College)/ [Poetry I ENG-246]
Literature in the Media (College)/ [closest was Literature and Film ENG-347]
Modernist Literature (College)/ [probably an ENG- or LIT-399]
Shakespeare's Plays (College)/ [Shakespeare I LIT-320]
The Bible as Literature (College)/ [Biblical Literature I LIT-242]
Western Literature (College)/ [Literary Works in Western Culture LIT-202]
Women's Literature (College)/ [Women in Literature LIT-323]

Taken from http://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/showthre...?tid=25133
The 5 that are UL according to dfrecore are:
Holocaust Literature (ENG-301)
Literature in the Media (LIT-430)
Modernist Literature (LIT-399)
Shakespeare's Plays (LIT-320)
Women's Literature (LIT-323)

The one that's expensive that cannot be tested out of yet is Non-Western Lit.

CLEP A&I Lit is commonly done and might be needed (for someone who doesn't have transfer credits).

You only need 5 UL courses, since the Capstone also counts as an UL course (putting you at 18cr of UL).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
My courses from Shmoop transferred as:

Lit in the Media = LIT-430 Literature and the Media
Women's Lit = LIT-323 Women in Literature
Holocaust Lit = ENG-301 The Holocaust
Modernist Lit = LIT-399 Special Topics in Literature
Shakespeare's Plays = LIT-320 Shakespeare I

British Lit = LIT-208 English Literature I
Poetry = ENG-246 Poetry I
Western Lit = LIT-202 Literary Roots of West. Culture
Drugs in Lit - LIT-299 Special Topics in Literature

You only need the first five for upper level Bals, Bals (humanities), or majority of the English degree at TESU. You still need to find non-western lit.
It is worth doing as many as possible at Shmoop simply because of the price. The rest will go into Gen Ed or electives
TESU: Capstone completed Big Grin
Study.com: Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction (6)
Patten: Academic Strategies, Child Growth and Development, Reading, Writing, and Research, Social Psych, Lifespan Development, American Government (18)
Shmoop: Drugs in Lit, Holocaust Lit, Poetry, Lit in the Media, Modernist Lit, Shakespeare's Plays, Western Lit, Women's Lit, British Lit, Euro History (30)
SL: Cultural Anthropology, English Comp I, English Comp II, Biology, Intro Comm, Environmental Science, Philosophy, C++,  Religion (27)
TEEX: Cyber Security for Business Professionals, Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for IT Professionals (6)
Sophia: Art History, Psychology, Sociology, Visual Comm, Dev Teams  (13)
ALEKS: Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Statistics, Trigonometry (15)
NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators (2)
Kaplan: Documenting Experiences (3)
ACTFL: Reading Proficiency Test (6)
CPCU: Ethics (2)
FlyBoy, I’m also working on an English degree. In addition to Shmoop I’m planning to do the Analyzing and Interpreting Lit and American Lit CLEP tests as well as the Technical Writing TECEP too. I’ll probably get Non-Western through College of DuPage. I think it’s about $500.

What will you do with your degree?
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
(11-05-2017, 12:12 AM)originalamyj Wrote: FlyBoy, I’m also working on an English degree. In addition to Shmoop I’m planning to do the Analyzing and Interpreting Lit and American Lit CLEP tests as well as the Technical Writing TECEP too. I’ll probably get Non-Western through College of DuPage. I think it’s about $500.

I don't see DuPage offering it anytime soon. But maybe it will be back when they add the next term(s). I may pay more elsewhere instead of waiting.

(11-08-2017, 01:39 PM)Ideas Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 12:12 AM)originalamyj Wrote: FlyBoy, I’m also working on an English degree. In addition to Shmoop I’m planning to do the Analyzing and Interpreting Lit and American Lit CLEP tests as well as the Technical Writing TECEP too. I’ll probably get Non-Western through College of DuPage. I think it’s about $500.

I don't see DuPage offering it anytime soon. But maybe it will be back when they add the next term(s). I may pay more elsewhere instead of waiting.
Keep us posted where you decide to take it, please. I have 2 Cleps and a bunch of shmoop courses before I need to think about that one.

(11-08-2017, 01:39 PM)Ideas Wrote:

Keep us posted where you decide to take it, please. I have 2 Cleps and a bunch of shmoop courses before I need to think about that one.
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
This course from BYU independent study might work: https://is.byu.edu/description/CHIN-343-M001

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,981 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,662 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,206 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,108 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,645 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,734 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,346 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,594 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,326 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,379 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic