Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patten University MBA Finishers?
Outside of a few completion posts (e.g. here & here), the rest of the Patten MBA posts all seem to just fade after midway in the program. I was wondering if we have any graduates within the last year or have some soon to be graduates.

Patten has an amazing tuition but if few actually graduate, it ends up not being a value savings at all. Reason for the post is I have a friend asking and would love to be able to share some recent success stories.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
RANSOMSOUL Wrote:Outside of a few completion posts (e.g. here & here), the rest of the Patten MBA posts all seem to just fade after midway in the program. I was wondering if we have any graduates within the last year or have some soon to be graduates.

Patten has an amazing tuition but if few actually graduate, it ends up not being a value savings at all. Reason for the post is I have a friend asking and would love to be able to share some recent success stories.

And neither of those posts were completion posts - they were just people who started the program. No idea if they finished?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Loved the program, but delayed due to personal issues. I'll be going back to finish.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

Second link is from Leichte and they shared on DegreeInfo their full completion story. Not sure why they let the blog fade out. It was an interesting read at some parts. Very similar but not as well written as Felix Wong's blog on completing WGU MBA in 4.5 months.

When I had conversations with Patten, they only had a hand full of graduates and in 2016 only had 1 in the MBA program. There was no commencement in 2016 and the thought of possibly being a class of one in 2017 and not having the option to enjoy the full commencement experience felt a little off. They could have had at least some new age online commencment or cool partnership with Samsung for a Virtual Reality one Wink

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
[-] The following 1 user Likes RANSOMSOUL's post:
  • Yenisei
GoodYellowDogs Wrote:Loved the program, but delayed due to personal issues. I'll be going back to finish.

I've followed your thread Denise and I am cheering you on down the finish line. Your earlier posts inspired me a tone. Can't wait to celebrate your 'I'm Done' post!!!

This is the thread that got me excited about TESU BSBA and the Patten MBA program.
http://www.degreeforum.net/showthread.php?t=24407
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:This is the thread that got me excited about TESU BSBA and the Patten MBA program.
http://www.degreeforum.net/showthread.php?t=24407

Enjoyed that one as well. If there were more reviews at the time of my final decision, Patten being in California was a huge plus for me. I tried them for a month (actually two weeks) and just couldn't catch a rhythm on the structure. The additional reviews would have provided more positive fuel to muscle through the early growing pains. It was an easy default to rock with WGU with the countless examples of success.

If my friend works through the program, she may inspire me to circle back in the future with Patten (left 6 credits on the shelf). I continue to want a California University under my belt but if that happens, it will most likely be California Southern University for the DBA program.

Where did you see that Leichte actually finished? The only thread I could find about it (the one you linked) made it seem like he'd be coming up a little short.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I based it off of the clues left behind. Leichte's first post mentioning the start of the program was 9.3.2014. There was a signature update at some point highlighting Patten MBA Jan, 2015 (4 Month MBA)

Just running with there was a completion on the degree and a lack of follow up on the forums.
[h=4]Leichte[/h] MBA in Strategic Management - Patten University (Jan, 2015)
ME in Entrepreneurship - Western Carolina University (2008)
BA in Communications - Catawba College (1991)

Read about my Patten University MBA experience at http://www.FourMonthMBA.com

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that while he was still working through the program and making those posts and it was meant as an anticipated completion date. His last post in the thread you linked made it seem pretty far out of reach for him based on his pacing up until that point.

He might have done it in a second term, but seeing as how he was already well beyond the grad credits he needed to keep his teaching job at that point, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't bother going back.

I'd love to see a final update though. It'd be great if he knocked it out.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) allvia 113 16,784 Yesterday, 10:33 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 318 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 767 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 2,010 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,223 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 520 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,401 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 380 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,754 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 708 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger