Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nations University call
Hi.  I'm starting the MTS program in late December.  Anyone else want to join with me?  https://nationsu.edu/
Online, Christian Non-Denominational, DEAC accredited.  Bachelors or Masters.  Price is $960/year if you register before January (that rate lasts 2 years).  Outside the 25 developed countries - no charge.  There is no technology fee.  Many books can be read online or purchased inexpensively.  Transferred classes are accepted: BA - 90 credits maximum from an accredited institution, MTS - 6 credit maximum.  The key is to target a 3.0 or greater when you start the Masters program (guess they want proof you can do the work).  If you have anything to add or if I missed/got something wrong, please jump in.  Will share this on the sister forum as well.
JB
Based on the Faith, I'm not their target demographic. but when I'm all done with my more practical pursuits, I think their Master's program would be a real fun/interesting thing for me to do. And not a big monetary commitment at all!

But it's a few years off for me.

I would love to follow along on your "journey" or "accountability" thread, though! So definitely keep us up to date on your progress
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I'm considering starting the MTS, mostly if they will accept me at the lower tuition. I won't have my Bachelor's conferred until March, but I will have everything on my transcript. I won't be surprised if I am not allowed.

Also, I have no GPA at TESU. I think that they are ok with that, but you have to get a 3.0 in 5-6 courses before you can be fully accepted as a student.

(10-17-2017, 10:23 PM)jsd Wrote: I would love to follow along on your "journey" or "accountability" thread, though! So definitely keep us up to date on your progress
Thanks JSD. I wasn't sure if a progress thread would be of interest so that's nice to hear so. Later, I will take a pulse to ask what people are interested in. I could write about this from a purely academic perspective or add some spiritual aspect. I've studied different religions and spiritual topics, so my perspective would be different.

(10-18-2017, 12:29 AM)Ideas Wrote: I'm considering starting the MTS, mostly if they will accept me at the lower tuition. I won't have my Bachelor's conferred until March, but I will have everything on my transcript. I won't be surprised if I am not allowed.

Also, I have no GPA at TESU. I think that they are ok with that, but you have to get a 3.0 in 5-6 courses before you can be fully accepted as a student.
Hi Ideas! I am the in the same exact position. TESU degree won't confer till March. I don't have a GPA yet. Nations doesn't care what it is, as long as you get a Bachelors. If you blaze through the first few classes, they can give you an extension on receiving proof of your degree. If you are earning a 3.0+, they consider you a keeper. My idea is to apply in mid-late December. That way I will be assured to get the lower rate before January 1. Good luck and feel free to ask me questions.
JB
The MTS seems easy enough, and so cheap for a Masters. However, to me, the real use is getting it as a milestone toward the MDiv. I feel like I should be sure I want to commit to the MDiv if I do the MTS. But I will keep thinking about it.

I'm really hesitating. The MDiv seems pretty hard! For one course, it seems that you interview 90 people. For another course it says it's a 3 month supervised field project and you write a report. At least 2 more courses seem to have field work. The research course has a 30 page paper. That last one doesn't bother me personally, but overall I don't like to sign up unless I know I can meet the requirements. I feel like I would need to know more about a few of these requirements. I'm impressed with the MDiv curriculum.

I also hesitate because if I quit sometime in the middle, I don't think most schools would take these credits. Many schools take such a limited number of transfer credits anyway.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • jb111
I talked to Nations and they knew exactly who TESU was and said they love to work with TESU graduates. They allow you to start coursework before your degree has conferred but you can't be formally admitted into the program until it does.

As far as the MDiv...you can always start with the MTS and add on the coursework for the MDiv later. I've looked at a lot of schools and for any MDiv program there are always field practicums - even if you go to a brick-and-mortar school. If the purpose is to turn out a person qualified to preach / work in ministry they have to have experience doing just that. I happen to know Liberty University takes Nation's credits. But I don't know if Liberty has an MDiv program or what it looks like.

For myself, I'll be starting soon but have no desire (at this time) to do anything more than the MTS. It's not for career purposes. I look at it as something 1.) I'm interested in and 2.) fits the budget. I'm not quite ready to commit to any other Master's program at the time. I am considering education but I want to substitute teach for a while before I pursue that as a career. That won't be until after I'm finished staying home with my youngest. So for now this program is perfect.

I also love that it is competency based - no semesters - work at your own pace. I got very spoiled going this route for my BALS. I can't imagine going back into an online course like the capstone course where you have to work on someone else's timetable. Considering the low cost I can afford to go as slow as I need to when life is busy or work on it as fast as I want.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
[-] The following 1 user Likes rlw74's post:
  • jb111
So, they're competency-based and not just self-paced?
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
In my last conversation they told me they moved to a competency-based program. They also told me you can go straight into the exams when you feel you are ready. However, since it's a masters program I assume the courses can't be tested out of completely. Maybe at undergrad level they can. Most of the courses I looked at require papers at the Masters level (which I wouldn't expect less). I think the languages - Greek and Hebrew are exam-based. There may be a few others too. Technically, if you can write a paper without cracking a textbook then I guess that would be competency-based. Or maybe if you pass the exam the papers aren't required? I'm not sure. Until I get into a course and see exactly what it looks like, I'm only quoting what they told me and what they have on the video on their new website.
  • jb111
Is it pass/fail or are grades provided?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I'm guessing there must be grades because you have to maintain a 3.0 in the"foundation" courses to be admitted into the program.
  • jb111

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 224 Today, 12:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 15 1,057 Yesterday, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PaperAssistant
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 268 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,453 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 546 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,842 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 13,970 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel
  Eastern Illinois University. wildebeest 42 6,362 03-04-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign MichaelDoesMarketing 35 3,310 03-03-2024, 04:25 PM
Last Post: rayray1000
  MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) allvia 111 16,296 03-03-2024, 12:58 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy