Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here come the tech students!
(12-01-2017, 09:30 AM)Bibby Wrote: There's a common misconception that the jobs market has an insatiable demand for people who are good at computers, and that anyone who gets a degree in anything IT-related will be swimming in job offers from big tech companies and will be making six figures as soon as they graduate.

It's true that a degree in Computer Science opens more doors than a degree in Art History or Gender Studies would. However, unemployment rates for American CS graduates are much higher than you might expect. I've known a lot of smart and talented people who could do amazing things with computers but have experienced great difficulty finding a job where they could use their skills. This problem isn't limited to people from a particular school, area of study, or geographic region - the IT industry makes it very difficult to get your foot in the door, especially if you're not well-connected. Most IT jobs emphasize experience above everything else - degrees and GPA mean very little, and it's getting harder and harder to use education and certifications as a substitute for the steep experience requirements that almost all IT jobs have. And while some people with advanced tech skills do indeed make big bucks, you probably won't earn a huge salary as soon as you graduate, and many people leave the profession before they gain enough experience to earn mid-career salaries ("median" salaries don't reflect what an entry-level position will actually pay).

As a society, we should not be pushing uninterested students into IT-related degree programs. The United Kingdom has a higher rate of students studying CS than the United States does, yet British CS graduates have some of the highest unemployment rates of any degree program.

As for diversity (or lack thereof) in IT, IT is like all professions in that it tends to attract a certain kind of person with a certain kind of background and interests. The majority of these people are male and are either white, Indian, or East Asian. People who choose IT aren't always the most well-adjusted socially, and they're not always welcoming of people who don't fit this mold. Media tends to exaggerate these negative stereotypes by portraying people with computer skills as being unattractive and unfashionable, traits that the majority of adolescents don't want to emulate.

I'm not a fan of the "everybody needs to major in STEM" movement pushed by many in government. However, having basic digital literacy skills is more important than ever before. The vast majority of jobs will involve using computers in some shape or form, and judging from the students I've taught at the college level, a lot of them struggle with intermediate computing skills - things like managing files and folders, understanding common file formats, and using basic Excel functions. These are things that anyone in any job needs to be able to do, and they're basically prerequisites for success for anyone considering an IT degree. A lot of older people assume that just because these kids grew up with computers that they know how to use them. However, being good at liking other people's Instagram posts is not the same as having the skills needed in business.

To make a long story short, if you like computers and programming things, consider an IT-related major. Make sure that kids are exposed to programming and IT so they can decide whether they like it. If they don't like the idea of debugging code all day, don't push them into pursuing a field they don't like, but do make sure that they understand the basics of computing.

Georgetown did studies throughout the recovery from the Great Recession. Recent graduates of computer science and information systems programs were hit pretty hard along with accounting. Information systems actually had the highest unemployment rate for recent graduates. It can be difficult to break into the IT field without experience, which is why internships are so important. Otherwise, a lot of people start in low-paying tech support jobs. If I were younger, I likely would have taken that one tech support offer. But, I'm older and can't afford to live in Austin on $10-12 an hour.  

I'm not a fan of pushing everyone into STEM just like I'm not a fan of pushing everyone into healthcare. I don't consider healthcare to be STEM just like I don't consider finance and accounting to be STEM even though they involve mathematics (the federal government agrees with me). 

I think the reason why women are being pushed into STEM is that almost every female-dominated occupation is low-paying. The only one I can think of right now that has high pay is nursing. Among the STEM majors that do have a lot of women (life sciences), they tend to be the lowest paying. Chemistry, physics, mathematics, and engineering majors tend to get paid more than biology, microbiology, physical/biological anthropology, and environmental science majors. 

Even though there is a shortage of educators and mental health professionals, these are relatively low-paying jobs, and they just happen to be female-dominated fields. Education is among the lowest paying jobs that require a bachelors degree. Mental health professionals need a 60-credit masters degree in many states plus 1.5 to 2 years of interning. While the federal government and some state governments have tried to help the shortage by offering tuition reimbursement, as large employers of mental health professionals, it doesn't appear that governments have considered raising the pay. It's basic supply and demand. Not many people want to spend 2.5 to 3 years in a graduate program just to earn $40k-50k. So, I just laugh as legislators stand around and scratch their heads wondering what they're going to do about the lack of access to mental healthcare. 

I've mostly worked in the criminal justice realm where veterans' preference is quite common. On civil service tests, veterans get five additional points most of the time. Police departments also go out and actively recruit veterans just like they try to recruit women and minorities. I don't hear people complain about veterans preference as much as they complain about targeted recruiting of minorities and women (unless you're a Native American applying for certain positions involving reservations). Minorities and women don't even get extra points on civil service exams or preference in federal hiring. Ultimately, if you don't pass any part of the hiring process, you're out; it doesn't matter if you were actively recruited or not. I, personally, don't have a problem with veterans' preference or the targeted recruiting of veterans. There is discrimination against recently discharged veterans, and transitioning to the civilian world can be difficult. I only had an issue with one company who automatically put veterans in supervisory and management positions even if they had no experience in the private security field; it turned out to be a disaster. They were all fired.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(12-01-2017, 09:30 AM)Bibby Wrote: However, having basic digital literacy skills is more important than ever before. The vast majority of jobs will involve using computers in some shape or form, and judging from the students I've taught at the college level, a lot of them struggle with intermediate computing skills - things like managing files and folders, understanding common file formats, and using basic Excel functions. These are things that anyone in any job needs to be able to do, and they're basically prerequisites for success for anyone considering an IT degree. A lot of older people assume that just because these kids grew up with computers that they know how to use them. However, being good at liking other people's Instagram posts is not the same as having the skills needed in business.

To make a long story short, if you like computers and programming things, consider an IT-related major. Make sure that kids are exposed to programming and IT so they can decide whether they like it. If they don't like the idea of debugging code all day, don't push them into pursuing a field they don't like, but do make sure that they understand the basics of computing.

At both of my kids schools (and other schools around here), they are required to take a computers course the first couple weeks of school to learn Google docs.  Thereafter, all of their papers are done online and turned in that way - no paper here!  They also have to do online courses, and online projects with multiple students working on a single project together (and their teachers can see who contributed what).  I think that students should at least be doing this pretty regularly.  I don't think they need to be exposed to programming though (just my bias as someone who has zero interest in that, and kids who have no interest either).  Plus, how are schools going to fit in programming in addition to all of the other things they're teaching kids?  There is just no time to add that in.  Or teachers who know enough to teach all of them.

(12-01-2017, 01:37 PM)sanantone Wrote: Georgetown did studies throughout the recovery from the Great Recession. Recent graduates of computer science and information systems programs were hit pretty hard along with accounting. Information systems actually had the highest unemployment rate for recent graduates. It can be difficult to break into the IT field without experience, which is why internships are so important. Otherwise, a lot of people start in low-paying tech support jobs. If I were younger, I likely would have taken that one tech support offer. But, I'm older and can't afford to live in Austin on $10-12 an hour.  

I agree that this is a hard field to switch to when you're older.  My husband started out with a bunch of certs including an MCSE back in 98, and started out as a help desk guy.  BUT, for anyone who has skills and talent in the field, it's fairly easy to move up, and within a few years, he was making a LOT more money than he started.  But, if you're not 23, that can be a long time to not make a lot of money.

I'm not a fan of pushing everyone into STEM just like I'm not a fan of pushing everyone into healthcare. I don't consider healthcare to be STEM just like I don't consider finance and accounting to be STEM even though they involve mathematics (the federal government agrees with me). 

I don't consider healthcare to be STEM, just that a lot of the courses you need to take are STEM, so there are students in colleges in the STEM areas that are women for sure.  They just don't necessarily end up with STEM careers.  And definitely don't think that accounting and finance are STEM in any way.  The lower-level math required for those degrees doesn't count to me.

I think the reason why women are being pushed into STEM is that almost every female-dominated occupation is low-paying. The only one I can think of right now that has high pay is nursing. Among the STEM majors that do have a lot of women (life sciences), they tend to be the lowest paying. Chemistry, physics, mathematics, and engineering majors tend to get paid more than biology, microbiology, physical/biological anthropology, and environmental science majors.

I agree, but I think that there's a reason women choose those fields in spite of the lower pay.  Look at the motivation there, because no amount of trying to convince women that higher pay = higher job satisfaction is going to work.  They don't want to work in those fields, for a variety of reasons.  For many who are in a 2-income household, they don't care that much about higher pay.  They want their work to have meaning, and flexibility, and many of the male-dominated jobs just don't have those.  When I think about going back to work someday, my #1 thing is to make sure that I have flexibility.  My husband is the breadwinner, so I don't need to provide enough money for us to live on.  So I get to choose to work based on other things.  His benefits are excellent, I can choose to work part-time or as a contractor.  There is nothing anyone can say to me that will convince me that I should work in an extremely competitive field, or one that pays really well but requires a ton of my time, or one that requires a lot of hours, or whatever.  I am just not interested.

Even though there is a shortage of educators and mental health professionals, these are relatively low-paying jobs, and they just happen to be female-dominated fields. Education is among the lowest paying jobs that require a bachelors degree. Mental health professionals need a 60-credit masters degree in many states plus 1.5 to 2 years of interning. While the federal government and some state governments have tried to help the shortage by offering tuition reimbursement, as large employers of mental health professionals, it doesn't appear that governments have considered raising the pay. It's basic supply and demand. Not many people want to spend 2.5 to 3 years in a graduate program just to earn $40k-50k. So, I just laugh as legislators stand around and scratch their heads wondering what they're going to do about the lack of access to mental healthcare. 

Most of the moms I know are teachers or nurses, and for one reason: they have kids!  They get lots of time off, flexible schedules, and good pay (here in CA teachers are paid quite well most of the time).  Their husbands work, and they really don't want to miss their kids games or activities.  Even the moms of kids I know who are low-income have flexible jobs as well, or work part-time, or not at all, because they would rather be with their kids than making money for some company.  It's just the way things are.  Yes, some women really want to get up that corporate ladder, but most don't because it's not a priority to them.  No one is going to convince them otherwise.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
"I've mostly worked in the criminal justice realm where veterans' preference is quite common. On civil service tests, veterans get five additional points most of the time. Police departments also go out and actively recruit veterans just like they try to recruit women and minorities. I don't hear people complain about veterans preference as much as they complain about targeted recruiting of minorities and women (unless you're a Native American applying for certain positions involving reservations). Minorities and women don't even get extra points on civil service exams or preference in federal hiring."

My husband is a police officer and they give extra points on the civil service exam for college degrees and veterans. I think both of those things would be considered qualifications for that particular field. Being a woman or minority is not a qualification, it is your genetic makeup.
That being said, being a veteran certainly doesn't make you more qualified for all civil service jobs. I agree with your point that there are far fewer complaints about that advantage than the specific recruitment of women or minorities.
Myself: Pierpont BOG (May 2018), TESU BALS-SS (June 2019)
CC: 34cr 1979-95 SL: 9cr Shmoop: 6cr SC: 48cr Sophia: 5cr OD: 12cr TEEX: 3cr Ed4Credit: 6cr TESU: 7cr

My son: Currently pursuing Harvard Extension MLA Digital Media Design 28 Cr completed
TESU ASNSM in CS (June 2018), TESU BA Learner-Designed-Software Dev/Web Design Heart & Cert CIS (March 2019)
CSU Global: 9cr Hodges: 24cr SL: 15cr SC: 51cr TEEX: 4cr Sophia: 8cr CLEP: 3cr ED4Credit: 6cr TESU: 6cr Alex:3cr
Mudball: For people with little experience, developer jobs are probably better than other IT positions like network administrators or systems administrators. Even help desk positions often have tough experience requirements. There's some room for creativity when listing experience, of course, but it can be tricky just to get an entry-level opportunity.

Internships are super-important for getting your foot in the door. If you can get a good internship and excel as an intern, there's a good chance they'll offer you a full-time opportunity.

It's hard to recommend a specific programming language, because demand for specific skills varies by industry and region, and different programmers have different preferences. Java is a good choice, since it's used for a lot of different things, including making Android apps. The good news is that once you possess basic digital literacy skills and understand the fundamentals of programming, it becomes a lot easier to learn a new language or application.

Unity is mostly used for making games - both for consoles and mobile devices. The game-making industry is growing, but it's also quite competitive. If your son is passionate about making games, learning Unity will serve him well.
Course clear! You got a card.

Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 72|American Government 71|Introductory Sociology 63|Humanities 70|College Composition 60|U.S. History II 67|Principles of Marketing 73|Principles of Macroeconomics 67|Principles of Microeconomics 66|U.S. History I 74|College Mathematics 68|Information Systems & Computer Applications 68|College Algebra 56|Biology 63|Financial Accounting 65

B.A.S. IT Management, Class of 2015
MBA, Class of 2017
(12-02-2017, 07:14 AM)mudball Wrote: "I've mostly worked in the criminal justice realm where veterans' preference is quite common. On civil service tests, veterans get five additional points most of the time. Police departments also go out and actively recruit veterans just like they try to recruit women and minorities. I don't hear people complain about veterans preference as much as they complain about targeted recruiting of minorities and women (unless you're a Native American applying for certain positions involving reservations). Minorities and women don't even get extra points on civil service exams or preference in federal hiring."

My husband is a police officer and they give extra points on the civil service exam for college degrees and veterans. I think both of those things would be considered qualifications for that particular field. Being a woman or minority is not a qualification, it is your genetic makeup.
That being said, being a veteran certainly doesn't make you more qualified for all civil service jobs. I agree with your point that there are far fewer complaints about that advantage than the specific recruitment of women or minorities.

Being a veteran doesn't make you more qualified for police jobs unless you worked in military law enforcement. Being an administrative person or cook in the military does not translate to police skills. Also, veterans sometimes have a harder time with transitioning from the military mindset to the community service mindset needed for police work. What is the point of ranking people by test score if you're going to end up hiring less intelligent people anyway due to bonus points? Veterans' preference is there to help veterans transition to the civilian world; it isn't there because they make better police officers than non-veterans.

These are jobs I consider better experience for law enforcement: dispatch, security officer, corrections officer, EMT, firefighter, non-law enforcement investigator, code enforcement, and animal control.

In Texas, getting extra points for having a degree is not common. Besides, people with degrees usually don't need the extra points because they tend to score better than those without degrees. The purpose of civil service eligibility lists is to hire the brightest candidates possible as long as they can perform well during the interview and pass a background investigation and psych test.

By the way, having a shortage of women in law enforcement and corrections does cause problems. Body searches require female employees.

I don't know about law enforcement, but in education, minority students perform better when they have at least one minority teacher. It probably has something to do with having a role model they can relate to and the fact that minority teachers tend to be less discriminatory when it comes to disciplining students. It's also been found that white teachers have implicit bias toward minority students, which leads to them having lower expectations of minority students' abilities and, therefore, challenging them less.

Here's an interesting article on how law enforcement is not a natural fit for all veterans. But, the most interesting tidbit is that agencies have been receiving grant money for hiring veterans. Ah, there is always an ulterior motive.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2013/08/17/fr...ransition/
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • jsd
Oh boy, I want to add my two cents without opening a can of worms...

"Minorities and women don't even get extra points on civil service exams or preference in federal hiring." That's a good thing right? Aren't equal rights what America is about? If that were to happen, by definition that would be racist and sexist to white men. That being said, actually excluding people (e.g. no females are allowed to become firefighters) I think is completely wrong. People have the freedom to pursue whatever career they want, but they should be held to the same standards as everyone else.

I don't think there is a need to push certain groups towards specific occupations. I think people do (or try to do) what they want to do. Using females as an example again, I see a lot female dental hygienists, school teachers, and nurses. I don't see a lot of female construction workers, foresters, or commercial fishermen. The former one get to work with and help people, the latter is hard, sweaty work. If a man wants to be a nurse, cool. If a woman wants to be a forester, cool. However, I think things are the way they are because of psychological and biological differences that unconsciously lead us different ways.

That's an interesting article you shared sanantone. The one solider who said, “simply because I was an infantryman and those are my skills. Anything you want to see in a soldier, you want to see in a policeman.” Wow, my capstone project is exactly the opposite of that. My research so far has shown me that "procedural justice" (treating people with respect and dignity) is very important. It's the military structure that harms that because using force is acceptable and it creates social distance from police and citizens.
TESU BA in Criminal Justice, 2018
TRCC Emergency Management Certificate, 2018
(12-01-2017, 03:19 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(12-01-2017, 09:30 AM)Bibby Wrote: However, having basic digital literacy skills is more important than ever before. The vast majority of jobs will involve using computers in some shape or form, and judging from the students I've taught at the college level, a lot of them struggle with intermediate computing skills - things like managing files and folders, understanding common file formats, and using basic Excel functions. These are things that anyone in any job needs to be able to do, and they're basically prerequisites for success for anyone considering an IT degree. A lot of older people assume that just because these kids grew up with computers that they know how to use them. However, being good at liking other people's Instagram posts is not the same as having the skills needed in business.

At both of my kids schools (and other schools around here), they are required to take a computers course the first couple weeks of school to learn Google docs.  Thereafter, all of their papers are done online and turned in that way - no paper here!  They also have to do online courses, and online projects with multiple students working on a single project together (and their teachers can see who contributed what).  I think that students should at least be doing this pretty regularly.  I don't think they need to be exposed to programming though (just my bias as someone who has zero interest in that, and kids who have no interest either).  Plus, how are schools going to fit in programming in addition to all of the other things they're teaching kids?  There is just no time to add that in.  Or teachers who know enough to teach all of them.

(12-01-2017, 01:37 PM)sanantone Wrote: Georgetown did studies throughout the recovery from the Great Recession. Recent graduates of computer science and information systems programs were hit pretty hard along with accounting. Information systems actually had the highest unemployment rate for recent graduates. It can be difficult to break into the IT field without experience, which is why internships are so important. Otherwise, a lot of people start in low-paying tech support jobs. If I were younger, I likely would have taken that one tech support offer. But, I'm older and can't afford to live in Austin on $10-12 an hour.  

I agree that this is a hard field to switch to when you're older.  My husband started out with a bunch of certs including an MCSE back in 98, and started out as a help desk guy.  BUT, for anyone who has skills and talent in the field, it's fairly easy to move up, and within a few years, he was making a LOT more money than he started.  But, if you're not 23, that can be a long time to not make a lot of money.

I don't consider healthcare to be STEM, just that a lot of the courses you need to take are STEM, so there are students in colleges in the STEM areas that are women for sure.  They just don't necessarily end up with STEM careers.  And definitely don't think that accounting and finance are STEM in any way.  The lower-level math required for those degrees doesn't count to me.

I agree, but I think that there's a reason women choose those fields in spite of the lower pay.  Look at the motivation there, because no amount of trying to convince women that higher pay = higher job satisfaction is going to work.  They don't want to work in those fields, for a variety of reasons.  For many who are in a 2-income household, they don't care that much about higher pay.  They want their work to have meaning, and flexibility, and many of the male-dominated jobs just don't have those.  When I think about going back to work someday, my #1 thing is to make sure that I have flexibility.  My husband is the breadwinner, so I don't need to provide enough money for us to live on.  So I get to choose to work based on other things.  His benefits are excellent, I can choose to work part-time or as a contractor.  There is nothing anyone can say to me that will convince me that I should work in an extremely competitive field, or one that pays really well but requires a ton of my time, or one that requires a lot of hours, or whatever.  I am just not interested.

Most of the moms I know are teachers or nurses, and for one reason: they have kids!  They get lots of time off, flexible schedules, and good pay (here in CA teachers are paid quite well most of the time).  Their husbands work, and they really don't want to miss their kids games or activities.  Even the moms of kids I know who are low-income have flexible jobs as well, or work part-time, or not at all, because they would rather be with their kids than making money for some company.  It's just the way things are.  Yes, some women really want to get up that corporate ladder, but most don't because it's not a priority to them.  No one is going to convince them otherwise.

If women were willing to do these jobs regardless of pay, then there wouldn't be shortages. The educator shortage has been an issue for a long time, so you can't blame common core. When Texas studied why CPS had such a high turnover rate, one of the main reasons was pay. The overwhelming majority of CPS workers are women.

When I noticed that a sheriff's department's communications division was losing employees to a higher paying agency, even though the reason was obvious, I did a survey on turnover for a class assignment. One of the main complaints was pay. Most law enforcement dispatchers are women.

When I was a substance abuse counselor, our prison unit had a high turnover rate, and most of the employees were women. Guess why most of the employees were leaving?

People, including women, tend to not want to do highly stressful jobs for low pay.

(12-02-2017, 12:29 PM)Joeman200 Wrote: Oh boy, I want to add my two cents without opening a can of worms...

"Minorities and women don't even get extra points on civil service exams or preference in federal hiring." That's a good thing right? Aren't equal rights what America is about? If that were to happen, by definition that would be racist and sexist to white men. That being said, actually excluding people (e.g. no females are allowed to become firefighters) I think is completely wrong. People have the freedom to pursue whatever career they want, but they should be held to the same standards as everyone else.

I don't think there is a need to push certain groups towards specific occupations. I think people do (or try to do) what they want to do. Using females as an example again, I see a lot female dental hygienists, school teachers, and nurses. I don't see a lot of female construction workers, foresters, or commercial fishermen. The former one get to work with and help people, the latter is hard, sweaty work. If a man wants to be a nurse, cool. If a woman wants to be a forester, cool. However, I think things are the way they are because of psychological and biological differences that unconsciously lead us different ways.

That's an interesting article you shared sanantone. The one solider who said, “simply because I was an infantryman and those are my skills. Anything you want to see in a soldier, you want to see in a policeman.” Wow, my capstone project is exactly the opposite of that. My research so far has shown me that "procedural justice" (treating people with respect and dignity) is very important. It's the military structure that harms that because using force is acceptable and it creates social distance from police and citizens.

There are biological differences, but there is also nurture. Sociology plays just as much of a role as biology and psychology. For example, there are a lot of male EMTs. Men are just now realizing that they could do the same type of work as a nurse and get paid a lot more. The reason why very few men pursued nursing in the past is because it was labeled as women's work, and male nurses were treated with suspicion.

Did you know that most teachers used to be men?

If you talk to black people who grew up in poor neighborhoods, common stories you will hear are that they were never encouraged to pursue certain occupations and that they never thought certain occupations were an option because they had never seen anyone who looked like them in those occupations. A lot of black children are told implicitly or explicitly that they are not capable of succeeding in certain occupations.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
I did not say that women would stay in crappy jobs no matter the pay, or that they didn't want to be paid more, or that they wouldn't leave a job for a better paying one. I was just saying that many women want things other than pay as their #1 thing, and that they choose certain fields for a variety of reasons.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Down Perpetual Students burbuja0512 36 4,214 Yesterday, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Homeschooled Students? Stacie 8 1,058 08-25-2022, 03:25 AM
Last Post: MitchellHolst
  Faced with a desperate skills shortage, tech leaders plead for CS reform in schools MNomadic 5 721 07-19-2022, 06:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Teacher Has Personalized Handshakes With His Students danivalero 1 521 07-02-2022, 10:15 AM
Last Post: millaterns2
  Storage Space Solutions - Students bjcheung77 2 1,045 01-16-2022, 01:46 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Fake Harvard Students Alpha 0 588 11-02-2021, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  I need some tech support Vle045 5 836 08-20-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  ACE NAMES ST. NICHOLAS BURRUS AND EDWIN DUARTE JR. 2020 STUDENTS OF THE YEAR ashkir 7 1,179 05-21-2021, 03:38 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  Stimulus Payments & College Students Alpha 5 1,360 03-31-2021, 12:41 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Programming/tech books at Humble Bundle rachel83az 0 755 08-20-2020, 08:38 AM
Last Post: rachel83az