Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“Quick/Easy” 2 or 3 credit science course?
Good evening all,
To obtain more certification, I am 2 credits short in science. I have a 4 credit Biology life science course with lab, a 3-credit human biology course, a Basic Botany 3 credit course, and Environmental Studies (3 credits). So I have a total of 13 and need either a 2 or 3 credit science course for my additional certification. It can be lower level.

I am trying to stay away from CLEP/SAYLOR study on your own approach so for the lowest cost I am thinking either StraighterLine, onlinedegree or Study.com (or maybe I’m missing another similar platform).

Any ideas for that last 2 or 3 credit science course that is pretty quick/easy from a StraighterLine, Study.com, or onlinedegree?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the course needs to be accepted through TESU
Study.com is going to have the most. Here are those:

AST 101: Intro to Astronomy
NUTR 101: Science of Nutrition
BIO 101: Intro to Biology
BIO 102: Basic Genetics
GEN 101: Intro to Genetics
BIO 103: Microbiology
BIO 105: Anatomy & Physiology
BIO 106: Pathophysiology
CHEM 101: General Chemistry
ESCI 101: Earth Science
ESCI 104: Intro to Meteorology
ENS 101: Environment & Humanity
SCI 101: Intro to Natural Sciences
SCI 102: Principles of Physical Science
PHY 101: Intro to Physics
PHY 111: Physics I
PHY 112: Physics II
GEOL 101: Physical Geology
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • acamp
You could use the half off coupon for the Sophia environmental science course on the Purdue Global or University of Phoenix Sophia sites.  That would be about $160.

https://purdueglobal.sophia.org/#courses
https://phoenix.sophia.org/#courses

That would be in the same ballpark as a membership and class from study.com or straighterline.  I haven't taken the class, but I would bet that it would be pretty easy and nice.

Ah, bummer. It looks like you already might have a similar credit.
(09-02-2018, 09:04 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Study.com is going to have the most. Here are those:

AST 101: Intro to Astronomy
NUTR 101: Science of Nutrition
BIO 101: Intro to Biology
BIO 102: Basic Genetics
GEN 101: Intro to Genetics
BIO 103: Microbiology
BIO 105: Anatomy & Physiology
BIO 106: Pathophysiology
CHEM 101: General Chemistry
ESCI 101: Earth Science
ESCI 104: Intro to Meteorology
ENS 101: Environment & Humanity
SCI 101: Intro to Natural Sciences
SCI 102: Principles of Physical Science
PHY 101: Intro to Physics
PHY 111: Physics I
PHY 112: Physics II
GEOL 101: Physical Geology

Thank you for your response and list Dfrecore. Do you happen to know which ones on this list would be the quickest to complete from your experience?

If anyone else have taken those, feel free to chime in.

Also, I know “quickest” is very subjective but more so quick in regards to amount of lessons and not too difficult for a non-science major.
A course you haven't taken yet would be Study.com or StraighterLine Introduction to Nutrition.
It's probably the easiest science from any ACE/NCCRS provider, and even at a Community College.
People have been recommending that course over any other... by far the most recommended...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • acamp
(09-03-2018, 10:49 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: A course you haven't taken yet would be Study.com or StraighterLine Introduction to Nutrition.
It's probably the easiest science from any ACE/NCCRS provider, and even at a Community College.
People have been recommending that course over any other... by far the most recommended...

Hello and thank you! Is that the same study course as the SCIENCE OF NUTRITION?
(09-03-2018, 12:18 PM)acamp Wrote:
(09-03-2018, 10:49 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: A course you haven't taken yet would be Study.com or StraighterLine Introduction to Nutrition.

Hello and thank you! Is that the same study course as the SCIENCE OF NUTRITION?

Yes. From Study.com, it's Science of Nutrition.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-02-2018, 05:40 PM)acamp Wrote: Good evening all,
To obtain more certification, I am 2 credits short in science. I have a 4 credit Biology life science course with lab, a 3-credit human biology course, a Basic Botany 3 credit course, and Environmental Studies (3 credits). So I have a total of 13 and need either a 2 or 3 credit science course for my additional certification. It can be lower level.

I am trying to stay away from CLEP/SAYLOR study on your own approach so for the lowest cost I am thinking either StraighterLine, onlinedegree or Study.com (or maybe I’m missing another similar platform).

Any ideas for that last 2 or 3 credit science course that is pretty quick/easy from a StraighterLine, Study.com, or onlinedegree?

Thanks in advance!

Both my high school sons did Microbiology without lab through SL- easy peasy.
(09-03-2018, 01:01 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(09-02-2018, 05:40 PM)acamp Wrote: Good evening all,

Thanks in advance!

Both my high school sons did Microbiology without lab through SL- easy peasy.

Hello Jennifer,
Did they take it on SL or study? Thanks!
Looks like Study.com's Meteorology course is by far the shortest of their science courses. That does not mean that it's easy, so take the info for what it's worth.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 492 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 1,084 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 578 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 595 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 716 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 858 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
  Study.com: Upcoming Changes to Credit-Granting Courses inf 28 3,917 09-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,573 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Sophia US History for PUG as a Social Science requirement faresayari 5 667 05-20-2023, 08:15 PM
Last Post: faresayari
  TADA credit NapoleonInRags 16 2,009 05-05-2023, 11:11 AM
Last Post: rachel83az