Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12 year old wanting to CLEP test??
Carnation Wrote:I don't mind Jennifer.
We need to let people know that there is hope but we just need to be patient.
Thankfully the under 13's aren't in any rush to be completing a degree so we can keep studying in the mean time.
Hopefully College Board will have a solution in place within 5 to 6 months when a lot of homeschoolers will be ready to CLEP out of this year's subjects.

Thanks!! I agree!
Hm. I just signed up for an account and it wouldn't let me do it without inputting a high school graduation date. I didn't check if it had future dates but that might be unknown for homeschooled students anyway (and it was a drop down list). Not sure I understand the purpose of that.

Seems to be a very user-UNfriendly site too. Keeps leading me around in circles and logging me out (or asking for my password over and over). Dislike.

Mian Wrote:Seems to be a very user-UNfriendly site too. Keeps leading me around in circles and logging me out (or asking for my password over and over). Dislike.

I haven't had to use the new site yet....ughhh.
I greatly dislike the new My Account. Someone did not really think this through before authorizing the final design/process. I am glad to hear that CLEP realizes some changes already need to be made, but am afraid it could take quite a long time before those changes become fact. They seem rather slow in making and implementing changes.
My older 2 kids just took their CLEPs and they had to create an account and print out the Voucher at the school. The test center my kids went to only cared about the number proving payment for the CLEP and that they had an ID. They used their state id (drivers license for one and state Identification card we got from the Motor Vehicle's Admin for my 16yr old). The date of birth does show up on the CollegeBoard Voucher though.

I have a 12 yr old that wants to take her 1st CLEP this year but I may have her wait til after her 13th birthdate. I tried to register her today and she wasn't eligible. So I created an account with a changed date but didn't register her. I'd planned to go back in and change it on her birthday then register her.
I'm not 12 years old... but reading this makes me glad I took all my CLEPs under the old system. Some of the changes the College Board made are pretty stupid.
Course clear! You got a card.

Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 72|American Government 71|Introductory Sociology 63|Humanities 70|College Composition 60|U.S. History II 67|Principles of Marketing 73|Principles of Macroeconomics 67|Principles of Microeconomics 66|U.S. History I 74|College Mathematics 68|Information Systems & Computer Applications 68|College Algebra 56|Biology 63|Financial Accounting 65

B.A.S. IT Management, Class of 2015
MBA, Class of 2017
HELP!! I need your HELP! My 11 year old already passed 5 CLEPS and has 15 credits. Now she is not being able to test under the new reigistration system. This is bright kid who worked her tail off for the Western Civ. I test, and she can't test! Please, call Kyle at the CLEP center and tell him how stupid this is! 9 months is plenty of time to set up a mail-in system. Shoot, they even have all our info since she already has an account, and they still won't budge! Kyle's number is 1800 257 9558. Could you take 5 minutes to help me raise a stink?? I've already contacted my senators, representatives, and dept. of education at the state and federal level. I've even contacted a watch dog group with our local news station. Ohh, I pray that being the squeaky wheel will pay off here. My kids was also planning to test Spanish in the next few weeks.
crc1021 Wrote:HELP!! I need your HELP! My 11 year old already passed 5 CLEPS and has 15 credits. Now she is not being able to test under the new reigistration system. This is bright kid who worked her tail off for the Western Civ. I test, and she can't test! Please, call Kyle at the CLEP center and tell him how stupid this is! 9 months is plenty of time to set up a mail-in system. Shoot, they even have all our info since she already has an account, and they still won't budge! Kyle's number is 1800 257 9558. Could you take 5 minutes to help me raise a stink?? I've already contacted my senators, representatives, and dept. of education at the state and federal level. I've even contacted a watch dog group with our local news station. Ohh, I pray that being the squeaky wheel will pay off here. My kids was also planning to test Spanish in the next few weeks.

You really need to call The College Board. I don't know who Kyle is, but I promise you, calling him isn't going to change anything. I also don't think that your town government has a dog in this fight. The College Board is the maker of the exam, they are the ones to contact. I hope that helps.
Here is the governance page for the College Board: https://www.collegeboard.org/about/governance

There is an email address for the governance committee. Send an email to them. Having people calling CLEP will not help. The people who answer the phones aren't empowered to change policies. The governance committee is empowered to change policy and they are going to move very slowly.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Test score rogeryoung 4 224 04-24-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: rogeryoung
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 210 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 899 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 511 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,828 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  No degree, no worries - 50 years at AT&T for 68 year old engineer bjcheung77 6 769 10-20-2023, 06:59 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  These associate degree majors lead to higher incomes than a 4-year bachelor's. LevelUP 4 632 10-07-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cardinal Stritch - Closing by year end bjcheung77 6 792 08-22-2023, 07:01 PM
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 514 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
  PASSHE Freeze tuition for the fifth year in a row Vle045 7 800 08-01-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: LevelUP