Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Down 1 to Go
I'm usually a reader more than a contributor, but I bite the bullet and took 2 exams - Anal. & Int. Lit (59/50) and Humanities (50/50--just made it, but I think it would have been higher, if I hadn't changed some of my answers--fyi, don't do it) over the Valentine weekend.

I read all the posts dealing with these two exams and everything that was stated is true. Meaning, the A&I exam is not something you can actually study because you have to be able to interpret the passages--not a problem. I was more concerned with Humanities because I wasn't familiar with alot of topics covered under the subject. I studied under the Peterson sample exams and Instacert.

I have one more exam--MATH! Urgh! Hopefully I will pass this exam and be able to graduate in June. If not, then I have to take the course which will push my graduation til October, but whatever the case, at least I will be finished and I'll be able to breathe, which I haven't been to do for 4 yrs. Thank you Instacert!!
Congratulations on two passes! Good job. :hurray:

Passed:

American Gov, US History 1, US History 2, Computing, Info Systems, Humanities, Sociology, Art, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, Social Sciences and History, Civil War, Business, Vietnam, A&I Lit, Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, American Lit, English Lit, Astronomy, Supervision, 1 FEMA, Total -79
Great job!

Now to concentrate on math and slay that dragon.
Congrats! CLEP College Math is challenging, but not as bad as it seems. The word "Math" made me quiver too, but a month of going over terms (median, Mode, Rational #s, Whole #'s) gave me a 60. I completely guessed on 12 Algebra questions too. Know the base functions and common equations for algebra and you've got a golden ticket.

sabwilliams Wrote:I'm usually a reader more than a contributor, but I bite the bullet and took 2 exams - Anal. & Int. Lit (59/50) and Humanities (50/50--just made it, but I think it would have been higher, if I hadn't changed some of my answers--fyi, don't do it) over the Valentine weekend.

I read all the posts dealing with these two exams and everything that was stated is true. Meaning, the A&I exam is not something you can actually study because you have to be able to interpret the passages--not a problem. I was more concerned with Humanities because I wasn't familiar with alot of topics covered under the subject. I studied under the Peterson sample exams and Instacert.

I have one more exam--MATH! Urgh! Hopefully I will pass this exam and be able to graduate in June. If not, then I have to take the course which will push my graduation til October, but whatever the case, at least I will be finished and I'll be able to breathe, which I haven't been to do for 4 yrs. Thank you Instacert!!
[SIZE="2"]graduated
[/SIZE]
Congratulations! I've avoided taking Humanities; it's just too much to learn! I was also very nervous about College Math but, after filling both sides of the scratch paper with calculations I passed! Good luck, I can't wait until I only have one left!
Ann

January, 2009: Northeastern University, AS, Human Resources!

Tests Passed:
Labor Relations ECE: B
HR Management, ECE: B
Principles of Marketing CLEP: 67
Introductory Business Law CLEP: 68
Information Systems CLEP: 59
English Comp w/Essay CLEP: 60
Introductory Psychology CLEP: 61
Macroeconomics Clep: 54
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP: 72
College Math CLEP: 55
Here's to Your Health DSST: 426
Technical Writing DSST: 61
Business Ethics DSST: 444
Business Policy TECEP: Passed!
American Literature: 58
Principles of Supervision DSST: 456
Principles of Statistics DSST: 420

FEMA Courses Passed: 8

Penn Foster:
Business and Technical Writing: Done!
Art Appreciation: Done!

Straighterline:
Microeconomics: 72
Accounting 2: 73
US History: 83
Introductory Biology for Non-Majors: 79
Congrats on the passes!!!:coolgleam: Keep up the good work
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Nice work!!
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkBlue"]B.S., Biology, Excelsior College
[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
sabwilliams Wrote:I'm usually a reader more than a contributor, but I bite the bullet and took 2 exams - Anal. & Int. Lit (59/50) and Humanities (50/50--just made it, but I think it would have been higher, if I hadn't changed some of my answers--fyi, don't do it) over the Valentine weekend.

Ha ha, you said "anal"! Sorry, I just had to point that out. Confusedmilelol:

Congratulations on knocking out 12 credits at once. You realize that's a whole semester, right? Good for you!
Kelly
BS, History - Excelsior College - 2011
A pass is a pass no matter what the score. Have you considered ALEKS for Math? If you have trouble with the exam it might be a faster alternataive.
What school are you at?
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Congratulations! Keep up the great work.

Good luck with the math exam. You should do fine with all the help on these forums.