Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Summer Sessions -- What is YOURPace?
It's been a while since we had one of these! I decided to start them up again to encourage new folks, and to inspire others!

Summer is coming quickly! Session 1 is on May 6 and Session 2 is on July 1

Is it too late to apply?
No. You have until June 11th to apply to join the Summer 2 class. If you miss this deadline, the next deadline is July 26, 2022 for Fall 1. 

It is highly recommended to have a lot of ACE credits before you apply! 

If you're applying, feel free to tell UMPI where you found us when you talk to them (Ashkir's name is St Nicholas). DegreeForum they're also aware of. Facebook, Sophia, etc. They spend alot of money marketing. Tell them where their market is Smile 

Is UMPI right for me?
If you are self-motivated, yes. If you need a counselor pushing you every step of the way, no. If a family member or spouse can push you, then yes. UMPI takes almost ALL ACE Credits.

What is UMPI?
The University of Maine at Presque Isle (pronounced Presk Isle), which abbreviates themselves to UMPI (and pronounced Umm Pe), is a publicly funded state school by the University of Maine system in the far north of the contiguous United States bordering New Brunswick and French-Canada in Aroostook County, Maine. 

Check the Wiki!
There's a ton of compiled stuff on the Wiki! check it out! https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Degree_Forum_Wiki

Connect with your Class:
Connect with your class here on DegreeForum by discussing your classes here and offering support to your fellow students. Encourage your fellow students, cheer them on, be proud of them! 

You can also join the class on a dedicated YourPace Discord here: https://discord.gg/2QVzWm5JRr

What does the diploma look like? Is it real? Are there graduation fees? Etc.
There are no graduation fees at UMPI. Their diploma is the same for all students that attend UMPI and they do include your Latin Honors on it. Latin honors are as:
  • Cum Laude 3.5 to 3.69 GPA
  • Magna cum Laude 3.7 to 3.89 GPA
  • Summa cum Laude 3.9 GPA and up. 
Course Design / Grading
All courses have chapter content to read with a lot of infographics, videos, and more throughout it. From that point on a course may have:
  • Assessment Quizzes that skip your knowledgeable areas.
  • Milestone discussions where you need to respond to a writing prompt from your professor.
Quiz Tips
If your final is a multiple choice exam, spend more time on the quizzes. Purposely get questions wrong. This will cycle through the entire test bank where you can read the explanations in an "explain like I'm five mode" and it'd condense down your study material/reviews where you can focus on the explanations for studying. Almost every question (at least 90%) will be a rephrased question from a Quiz. 

The quiz will start repeating questions, and at that point get the ones that repeated right, and then get the next set wrong, etc. There's usually 2 to 3 quiz banks in each quiz, each with around 6-10 questions each, for a total of around 20-30ish total questions in each quiz. 

Essay Final Tips
Outside of English, UMPI professors do not really care about proper essay structure, as long as your introduction and conclusion is strong. The instructions are incredibly detailed. But, be sure to check the rubric and ensure that all the rubric requirements in section 4 (explementary) are meant. By meeting all of the highest grade possible rubric sections, you're guaranteed an A. 

Utilize the DRAFT feature and get feedback from your professor. 

Discussion Boards & Learning Journals
Discussion boards and learning journals are not required and if you don't want to do it, don't. But, if you don't understand the topic well, I recommend you do them to gain more practice. 

To estimate your grade add your rubric scores up: 
3 out of 4
3 out of 4
4 out of 4
4 out of 4
4 out of 4
18 out of 20

18/20 = 90%

Percentage / GPA tracker: 
A+ 97-100% - 4.0 
A 93-96% - 4.0
A- 90-92% - 3.7
B+ 87-89% - 3.3
B 83-86% - 3.0
B- 80-82% - 2.27

Contacts
Need help? 
You will have received a academic coast and other contacts. If issues persist, escalate to the Dean, Dr. Susan Chang. 

How to support your class?
  • Cheer fellow students on! 
  • Don't put down other students.
  • Ask questions (but be nice!).
  • Encourage others to make a great education choice. UMPI may not be for everyone. 
This is meant to be a gross general topic about anything relating to UMPI for Fall Session 2 Students.
  • Are you starting this session? 
  • What do you plan on taking?
  • What classes are you taking?
  • How are you feeling?
  • Any classes causing frustration?
  • What did you pass?
  • What are you learning?
  • What are you doing?
Share your experience with our forum so future students and UMPI's staff that reads this forum can see how we feel! Please feel free to rant, get a breath of fresh air, ask for advice, and more here. We're all here to make sure we're all successful. Support your fellow students and graduates, and graduates support the students that were once in your shoes! 

Keep us updated on YourPace.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
[-] The following 4 users Like ashkir's post:
  • berlinerd, Darknigh7, Lady_Gumshoe, RachelB
Hello! I have to pipe in here! I'll be graduating from UMPI on May 4 --summa cum laude -- just 50 years after I graduated high school! I took 5 classes at Sophia, transferred my other college credits to UMPI, began UMPI for the Spring I term (starts in January) 2024 and completed six classes, earned a 4.0 GPA. I just completed my 10th and final class for the Spring II term at UMPI yesterday! I have a couple of last minute Sophia courses I will transfer in before the end of the week. I want to thank the admins on this site, as well as the UMPI discord site, because I've taken all of you on this journey with me. You gave me excellent advice, moral support and the motivation to see it through; online school would be a lonely place without community. I love YourPace and UMPI! Virtual hugs!
[-] The following 8 users Like Lady_Gumshoe's post:
  • colonelcamp, Darknigh7, jch, Jonathan Whatley, LevelUP, Pikachu, RachelB, ss20ts
(04-29-2024, 07:50 PM)Lady_Gumshoe Wrote: Hello! I have to pipe in here! I'll be graduating from UMPI on May 4 --summa cum laude -- just 50 years after I graduated high school! I took 5 classes at Sophia, transferred my other college credits to UMPI, began UMPI for the Spring I term (starts in January) 2024 and completed six classes, earned a 4.0 GPA. I just completed my 10th and final class for the Spring II term at UMPI yesterday! I have a couple of last minute Sophia courses I will transfer in before the end of the week. I want to thank the admins on this site, as well as the UMPI discord site, because I've taken all of you on this journey with me. You gave me excellent advice, moral support and the motivation to see it through; online school would be a lonely place without community. I love YourPace and UMPI! Virtual hugs!

That is absolutely amazing and so inspiring! Congrats!
@Lady_Gumshoe, Congrats on getting that done in two sessions! You're the one placing effort and time into the journey, we're just 'road signs' pointing you to the direction, it's all you! Great job in persisting to get to that goal and finishing, congrats again!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • colonelcamp, Lady_Gumshoe
Hey! Starting UMPI May 6th, BLS Pre-Law. Yes! They still offer Pre-Law you just have to ask for it . I have 114 credits coming in, just need to do my minor and meet residency UL. Very excited to start.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bunnies2012's post:
  • colonelcamp, Lady_Gumshoe, LevelUP
Bunnies2012 Wrote:Hey! Starting UMPI May 6th, BLS Pre-Law. Yes! They still offer Pre-Law you just have to ask for it . I have 114 credits coming in, just need to do my minor and meet residency UL. Very excited to start.

Great stuff! Pre-Law is an interesting minor, if you have most if not all the classes to transfer into the minor, that would really work well... Did you make sure you've got 90 credits that go into the degree, as not all 114 may apply to the degree requirements, most will go to the general education and electives though. BTW, with 114 credits, did you look at other alternatives such as Excelsior or TESU, etc?

(05-02-2024, 08:39 PM)Bunnies2012 Wrote: Hey! Starting UMPI May 6th, BLS Pre-Law. Yes! They still offer Pre-Law you just have to ask for it . I have 114 credits coming in, just need to do my minor and meet residency UL. Very excited to start.

I didn't see this degree in the list on their website. Am I missing something?
colonelcamp Wrote:I didn't see this degree in the list on their website. Am I missing something?

For reference, you can review to this thread for the UMPI Minor Inquiry: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...or-Inquiry

[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • colonelcamp, jg_nuy
(05-03-2024, 07:18 AM)colonelcamp Wrote:
(05-02-2024, 08:39 PM)Bunnies2012 Wrote: Hey! Starting UMPI May 6th, BLS Pre-Law. Yes! They still offer Pre-Law you just have to ask for it . I have 114 credits coming in, just need to do my minor and meet residency UL. Very excited to start.

I didn't see this degree in the list on their website. Am I missing something?

Pre-Law is nice because you need to take only 1 UMPI course to get that minor if you transfer everything in. 

Also, 3 of the courses in the Pre-Law minor could be a part of your GE.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • jg_nuy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Info on professors active for summer I kyledudedog 1 73 Yesterday, 12:12 PM
Last Post: abcfg12570
  Does UMPI YourPace accept Credly Transcripts? SophiaPrincess 5 318 05-09-2024, 06:24 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 8 650 04-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 399 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  need advice on YourPace BBA Project Mgmt and Info Systems EducationSeeker 4 283 04-19-2024, 06:22 PM
  YourPace to regular online courses? RachelB 17 929 04-05-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 12 1,758 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 376 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Yourpace admissions emcube 3 434 02-22-2024, 12:33 AM
  Commencement question (YourPace) rrrr 4 388 02-21-2024, 01:53 PM