Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Exams to go... I think I can, I think I can!!!
I found out this morning that I had already taken an passed a clep exam needed for graduation... I guess the results didn't get sent to TESC thus didn't so up on my academic plan, so after starting to register for the clep this morning, I had a "HEY wait a minute!" moment. Twenty dollars later, that problem is solved!

So I am down to:

- Federal Income Taxation (TCEP)
- Strategic Management (TCEP)
- Principles of Finance (Uexcel)

If you have any study materials, web sites, PDF books, Tips, hints, gottchas or anything that might help, I would be so very grateful. I need to finish up by Nov 18 because my enrollment ends then. I know that I can extend enrollment, but being so close to Christmas, money will be tight.
In the UExcel Principles of Finance Content Guide, scroll down to the Learning Resources section. There's a list of open courseware resources you could use to prepare. It's target to a lower level though...
Isn't it wonderful when you realize you've taken a test? It's like when you find money in a pocket! Three tests to go? Good for you.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
I don't have any tips on those exams, but GREAT CATCH! Smile You are very close, keep up the good work!!
Gawyn210 Wrote:So I am down to:

- Federal Income Taxation (TCEP)
- Strategic Management (TCEP)
- Principles of Finance (Uexcel)

If you have any study materials, web sites, PDF books, Tips, hints, gottchas or anything that might help, I would be so very grateful. I need to finish up by Nov 18 because my enrollment ends then. I know that I can extend enrollment, but being so close to Christmas, money will be tight.

I do not know the difficulty rating of uexcel exams but I do know the first two TECEPs you've listed are both extremely difficult. Even with the Fed Income Tax exam being open book I've read quite a few don't pass. That said, I would imagine more time is needed for concentrated study, unless of course you have accounting knowledge/experience. Strategic Management also requires full study, it's a very difficult exam. I don't imagine these three courses will offer any overlap.

To ease the burden you might consider substituting the Principles of Finance exam with Penn Fosters Financial Management course. It's a quick and non stressful way to complete the core finance requirement (FIN-301). The final exam is now non-proctored, you simply populate the questions and answers into a word doc and upload to the course page. Since moving to the new format, most seem to complete the course very quickly (7-10 days). I would have finished in five days but when I took the course it was still proctored.

Not sure if you are using the Pay Per Credit Tuition Plan and need to take the TECEP exams but Penn Foster also offers Strategic Business Management. Reviews have proven it to be a much much easier alternate to the Strategic Management TECEP exam. It takes a minimum of three weeks to complete due to three scheduled weekly webinars. You can do a search for forum feedback.

Just a thought and Good Luck on completing the final few requirements for your degree!

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
bricabrac Wrote:Not sure if you are using the Pay Per Credit Tuition Plan and need to take the TECEP exams but Penn Foster also offers Strategic Business Management. Reviews have proven it to be a much much easier alternate to the Strategic Management TECEP exam. It takes a minimum of three weeks to complete due to three scheduled weekly webinars. You can do a search for forum feedback.

Just a thought and Good Luck on completing the final few requirements for your degree!

Bricabrac,

Thank you so much for the heads up on Penn Foster's Strategic Business Management course! I compared the two and it is without a doubt more manageable! I think you just saved me a lot of heart ache.

@Anyone considering taking this exam - I received written verification from TESC Penn Foster's SBM course will full fill the requirement once it is passed through ACE. Since Penn Foster's site doesn't give very good info, I called PF directly. I was able to sign up for the Strategic Business Management course alone for $235. This price covers the class, the book and the cost of sending the transcript to another school. You do not need to pay to apply to PF if you are only taking one course. I've already attended a webinar. They have recently changed instructors for this course. She is very nice, knowledgeable and seems very competent. This course costs a little over double the cost of the TCEP, but seems soooo much more manageable.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 381 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,857 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Anybody taken any certification exams (CPA, CIA, CFE, etc.)? kevinmane 9 2,423 08-21-2022, 11:19 PM
Last Post: lisarox
Information New Batch of Microsoft Exams are now ACE(data, cloud, cs, UL) MNomadic 5 1,412 04-05-2022, 04:56 AM
Last Post: jch
  Cambridge International Exams - A Level or AS Level exams Lydclrk 1 732 09-17-2021, 06:07 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
Exclamation Is Sophia similar to Study in terms of course format and allow Open Book exams? OP88 4 1,348 05-26-2021, 05:29 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Pearson OnVUE - Online Excelsior Exams bjcheung77 5 1,364 09-23-2020, 11:33 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Does your community college offer challenge exams? muu9 2 1,012 07-19-2020, 04:21 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Course hero membership... Worth it for SL final exams? onmygo 2 3,917 03-07-2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  Sophia/CLEP/DSST Info Tech exams = all same? SCYankee 2 1,397 02-22-2020, 05:36 PM
Last Post: SCYankee