Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30 credits in 3 Months? Is it possible
Absolutely!
Good Luck It Is Definitely Possible to Do This. I'm Currently Working on "42" Credits in 3 1/2 months time. I have already knocked out 11/42. Working on another 16 in class and studying for CLEPs at the same time. They way I look at it a year of really hard work is worth it to not have to spread all this out over multiple years. Good Luck!!!

Institutes Course (2) - Done
ALEKS Courses (9) - 2 Done - 1 Left
CC Courses (16) - All Going Well
CLEP Exams (15) - Marketing Done, 12Cr Left. Next Test 9/15/16
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:Good Luck It Is Definitely Possible to Do This. I'm Currently Working on "42" Credits in 3 1/2 months time. I have already knocked out 11/42. Working on another 16 in class and studying for CLEPs at the same time. They way I look at it a year of really hard work is worth it to not have to spread all this out over multiple years. Good Luck!!!

Institutes Course (2) - Done
ALEKS Courses (9) - 2 Done - 1 Left

Just wanted to update the post creator

Now Going for "51" Credits in 3.5 months.
Institutes Course (2) - Completed
ALEKS Courses (9) - All Completed
Shmoop (9) - In Progress

14/51 done so far !!

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
Back in early 2010 in 4 months I did 29 credits while teaching 6 middle school classes full time and caring for a family. Also was preparing for 3 PRAXIS II exams. If I could do that anyone can. I am not a fast worker it took me 30+ years to earn the other 91 credits for my BA.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
TESU students - after Aleks (Intermediate or College) courses, may I also recommend the following complementary exams:
CLEP College Mathematics (6cr) MAT102/MAT103
TECEP Liberal Arts Mathematics (3cr) MAT105

BSBA General Mgmt and Operations (not sure of other AOS?) students can earn UL credit with Saylors business statistics course; which transfers in as OPM351.

I took advantage of all available inexpensive math credits accepted at Thomas Edison.

Good luck!

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Lindagerr Wrote:Back in early 2010 in 4 months I did 29 credits while teaching 6 middle school classes full time and caring for a family. Also was preparing for 3 PRAXIS II exams. If I could do that anyone can. I am not a fast worker it took me 30+ years to earn the other 91 credits for my BA.

I don't know Linda, I think you are definitely an amazing person! Many (most) people probably wouldn't be able to do that much at one time -- you rock!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Just to update everyone :

Started September 17th - October 24th : Earned 26 credits.
September 17th - December 17th Projection : 48 Credits

So yes 30credits in 3months is very doable. Even if I don't take the 2 more CLEPs I am planning on taking by Mid-December I will still earn 42 Credits in 3 Months. I am passing my 5 CC classes right now so that is 16credits I will Have regardless I hit the min passing grade as of now so they can kind of be counted.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Synicaal's post:
  • mzcutie85
I did 91 credits on 12 months. So it is very doable.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
From the period of June 14,2016 to August 29,2016 I did 66 credits. It is very doable.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

I've done 12cr in 2 1/2 hours one day (2 CLEP's and 2 DSST's). I've done 6cr in a few days (ALEKS). I've done 14cr in a 2 month period (TECEP's, ALEKS, & Insurance Ethics). I've done 6cr in 2 days (2 TECEP's).

When looking at my degree path, I realize that all along (since 1988), I've kind of done things in spurts. I do a semester here, and year there, and then I end up taking time off for one reason or another (usually work-related).

So, I kind of tell people, when you get that burst of energy or a short amount of time between crazy projects at work, and you have an urge to do a few courses, jump on it. Then, if you need to take a break, you can. But if you can accomplish a lot in that short amount of time that you get something done, it seems to eventually catch up to you, and you make a lot of progress. Thinking you can just do the same amount of work day in and day out over a long period of time isn't really practical for most people (hence a less than stellar rate of college graduation).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 587 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,197 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 474 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 381 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,789 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
Information 3 credits in quantitative reasoning for $39 (ACE) MNomadic 92 18,539 10-30-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  What if my Degree contains too many Transfered Credits from Sophia etc.? ecdw94 19 2,770 10-17-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  So... I Asked IU if they accept ACE credits, they do! elcastor21 21 1,650 09-26-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fast, Self Paced, preferrably cheap RA credits elcastor21 6 873 09-12-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee