Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9/11 GI BILL QUESTION
QUICK QUESTION... 

I HAVE 12 MONTHS LEFT ON MY POST 9/11 GI BILL, AND I HAVE NEVER TAKEN ACCELERATED COURSES (7 WEEKS LONG) BEFORE SO I AM UNSURE HOW THIS AFFECTS THE USAGE; HOWEVER, LONG STORY SHORT THERE IS AN MBA PROGRAM AT A SCHOOL NOT TOO FAR FROM ME THAT SEEMS LIKE I CAN FINISH IN A YEAR (LINK BELOW).  IF I CAN FINISH IT IN THAT TIME FRAME WILL THE GI BILL COVER THE ENTIRE DEGREE OR WOULD IT PRORATE THE PAYMENTS SOMEHOW?

HERE IS THE PROGRAM: https://westliberty.edu/westbusiness/pro...ealthcare/
A.A.S. IN RESPIRATORY CARE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2007
A.A. IN SOCIAL SCIENCE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2015
B.S.A.S.T IN RESPIRATORY CARE (TESU) 2015
I can't help with how much it'll cost, if anything. Hopefully, it covers everything. However, if it does turn out that this is something that you can do, I would highly suggest preparing by going to Sophia.org and taking any business courses (especially accounting) that you didn't already take for your degree. At a flat rate of $89 for all the courses you can take, this would help prepare you for taking classes quickly. Plus, it would help you to gain familiarity with both accounting and management terms that might come up in the degree, allowing you to move through it in a timely manner.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(05-23-2021, 03:54 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I can't help with how much it'll cost, if anything. Hopefully, it covers everything. However, if it does turn out that this is something that you can do, I would highly suggest preparing by going to Sophia.org and taking any business courses (especially accounting) that you didn't already take for your degree. At a flat rate of $89 for all the courses you can take, this would help prepare you for taking classes quickly. Plus, it would help you to gain familiarity with both accounting and management terms that might come up in the degree, allowing you to move through it in a timely manner.
Thanks. I am not so much worried about the content, just wondering how the GI bill deals with these 7 week courses. I think I will be fine, just seeking assurance
A.A.S. IN RESPIRATORY CARE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2007
A.A. IN SOCIAL SCIENCE (LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE): 2015
B.S.A.S.T IN RESPIRATORY CARE (TESU) 2015
In my experience they are treated like 8 wk and 16 wk courses. You may have leftover time when you do those.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • smf6824
Old subject, but my co-worker only had 3 months left on his GI Bill (post 9/11) and they paid for an entire 6 month term at WGU. They said if you have any time left they will cover the entire term.
DBA Organization Leadership - South - Expected April 2024
BA Political Science and History - UMPI - 2022
MS Cybersecurity & Information Assurance - WGU - 2021
BS Computer Science - Park U - 2018
MBA Public Administration - CSU - 2016
BS Management - Park U - 2010
AAS Communications Technology - CCAF - 2008

CEH/CHFI/SEC+/NET+/Proj+/CISSP
From your post, I am assuming you are talking about until your deliberations date.

I don’t know if this helps, but I was in a similar situation and attending excelsior. I’m not sure if it will be looked at as the same, but if I remember correctly, they were treated as double for enrollment purposes if you took half term classes. So, like 2 half term, 3 unit classes were treated the same as 12 units of full term as far as payment for those weeks.

Something to note, unless they changed it in the past couple of years, if you start a course before your deliberation date and it ends after, that course will be prorated for payments. Excelsior financial aide claimed otherwise, but that exact scenario happened when my friend was taking his capstone. Delib date in September. Class ran from August through December (16 weeks), GI Bill paid for like 3/16ths of the class, and cut his payment at the 3 week mark. Still ended up out ahead when you added up his final cost compared to what he made over the time going there, but make sure you are ready for that if timing works out that way.
Old Salt w/ New Papers
Pierpont: AAS BOG BUSINESS FOCUS 8/5/22
Excelsior: BS NUCLEAR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY 10/21/22

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GI Bill Hacking? spohara 8 2,326 07-02-2023, 08:08 AM
Last Post: joejoe2482
  GI Bill for independent and distance learning options BBryant165 1 1,319 08-20-2020, 12:23 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Free CLEP Score Send Question TheMaskedMutant 4 2,296 01-17-2019, 06:12 AM
Last Post: TheMaskedMutant
  TA Question mrskitty 1 1,742 05-07-2017, 05:36 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  Amu question for anyone Who has or is attending Gahanna45 4 1,597 09-19-2016, 07:01 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  no more collecting Post 9/11 Bill and Unemployment at the same time Life Long Learning 6 1,851 02-21-2016, 05:05 AM
Last Post: jadae@wgu.edu
  GI Bill Dilemma Leherself 9 3,041 01-31-2016, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Leherself
  Using the Post 9/11 GI Bill - webinar Life Long Learning 0 1,209 01-01-2016, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Post 9/11 GI Bill and Excelsior College Exams Leherself 9 3,619 04-09-2015, 07:07 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  A word of caution if using Post 9/11 GI Bill Prloko 9 2,624 01-20-2015, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Prloko