Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Bunch of Credits - Need to do something with them
For statistics, I would personally recommend going with Study.com. The course feels clearer and simpler, and you will earn 4 credits. I enjoyed most other Math courses on Aleks except Stats. Somehow, it felt too confusing and badly presented.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
You will only really know if you apply to all three of the Big 3.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

(07-09-2019, 07:33 PM)CreditsandCoffee Wrote:
(07-09-2019, 07:02 PM)allvia Wrote: Once you know where you officially stand with TESU &/or COSC you can plan your next step - the initial evaluations are pretty quick. While you wait I'd suggest you look into an option to earn 'Business Statics' - you can use it for the BSBA requirement at either school (TESU will take any statistics, but COSC requires 'Business Statistics").  I personally used SL, but I believe ALEKS has it also (cheap to try at $20 a month - you could finish within a month), there are other options as well - I just don't know them all.
Okay I’m definitely going to apply then! I was digging around the site and saw that Alek isn’t good though has that changed?  Huh

ALEKS has had a number of periods where their ACE credit status was in limbo due to us not knowing if it would be renewed.  It is very much back to being an option and ALEKS Business Statistics is ACE approved until 05/31/2020 (so plenty of time to finish). If you're looking for a bit of insight on the subject before you pay for it you can brush up on statistics for free through Khan Academy -https://www.khanacademy.org/  

Each course provider has its pros & cons - and what is good for one person isn't necessary good for another.  I think for the $20 it would be worth trying them for a month - if you find yourself struggling then I'd look at other options; especially if you think it will take more than two months.  There have been some recent posts about ALEKS, but oddly I did a quick search and they seem buried (only much older posts are showing).  Start a new thread with "ALEKS Business Statistics" and you'll likely get some specific feedback on how it works, and maybe even some tips.

(07-09-2019, 07:43 PM)Supermind Wrote: For statistics, I would personally recommend going with Study.com. The course feels clearer and simpler, and you will earn 4 credits. I enjoyed most other Math courses on Aleks except Stats. Somehow, it felt too confusing and badly presented.

I'm a huge Study.com fan, and you'll likely need them for AOS UL credits at some point - but they don't offer 'Business Statistics'. So their 'Principles of Statistics' is good for a BSBA through TESU, but not at COSC. As I said, I'd give ALEKS the $20 for a month try while you wait for your evaluations.  Apply and send your transcripts before you start ALEKS - get some intro to statistics on the Khan site for a week or so prior for no cost (help make that $20 you give ALEKS go as far as it can).
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

I would apply at TESU and COSC, and EC.

For a BSBA, I would choose TESU because it's ACBSP accredited, and they require fewer UL courses. I would choose COSC because they have a few extra spaces for free electives, and they are the cheapest of the 3. If you just need check-the-box and not program-accreditation, then I'd go with not just whoever gives you more credit, but whichever degree is fastest/easiest to complete. You might end up with more credits given at TESU, but an easier cheaper path to finish at COSC. I don't think EC will get you anything the other 2 won't.

For a BSLS, I would look at COSC and EC. The BSLS (as opposed to the BALS, which is the only thing TESU offers) gives you more bang for your buck when you have a bunch of non-liberal-arts courses. At COSC for sure, and it would allow you to choose a major that would take advantage of more of the business credits you have, without actually getting a BSBA. So you could do Business & Psych or something like that, that you couldn't do at TESU. A little more flexibility there. EC is going to be a bit harder because they want a "depth" requirement, which I know nothing about. But it certainly won't hurt to ask.

I really don't know how any of the 3 schools will apply some of that credit that's ACE/NCCRS, but I'm going to guess that you'll end up with the best deal at COSC for a BSLS. Considering how much UL credit you have, and how many credits, I just think that's what's going to happen.

For all 3 schools, I would apply online, and then immediately go to your former schools online and request transcripts be sent to all 3, then ACE (same) then you'll have to get NCCRS transcripts separately. But do them all at the same time so you're comparing apples-to-apples when you get the evals back.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-10-2019, 03:21 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I would apply at TESU and COSC, and EC.  

For a BSBA, I would choose TESU because it's ACBSP accredited, and they require fewer UL courses.  I would choose COSC because they have a few extra spaces for free electives, and they are the cheapest of the 3.  If you just need check-the-box and not program-accreditation, then I'd go with not just whoever gives you more credit, but whichever degree is fastest/easiest to complete.  You might end up with more credits given at TESU, but an easier cheaper path to finish at COSC.  I don't think EC will get you anything the other 2 won't.

For a BSLS, I would look at COSC and EC.  The BSLS (as opposed to the BALS, which is the only thing TESU offers) gives you more bang for your buck when you have a bunch of non-liberal-arts courses.  At COSC for sure, and it would allow you to choose a major that would take advantage of more of the business credits you have, without actually getting a BSBA.  So you could do Business & Psych or something like that, that you couldn't do at TESU.  A little more flexibility there.  EC is going to be a bit harder because they want a "depth" requirement, which I know nothing about.  But it certainly won't hurt to ask.

I really don't know how any of the 3 schools will apply some of that credit that's ACE/NCCRS, but I'm going to guess that you'll end up with the best deal at COSC for a BSLS. Considering how much UL credit you have, and how many credits, I just think that's what's going to happen.

For all 3 schools, I would apply online, and then immediately go to your former schools online and request transcripts be sent to all 3, then ACE (same) then you'll have to get NCCRS transcripts separately.  But do them all at the same time so you're comparing apples-to-apples when you get the evals back.
Good info! I went ahead and applied and started requesting transcripts from everyone. I was able to get in touch with a rep from TESU who said my insurance credits might be applied to a professional studies bachelor degree plan since they were obtained for a professional designation but of course couldn’t confirm until a formal evaluation took place. Got the ball rolling though!  Cool
(07-10-2019, 09:30 AM)CreditsandCoffee Wrote: Good info! I went ahead and applied and started requesting transcripts from everyone. I was able to get in touch with a rep from TESU who said my insurance credits might be applied to a professional studies bachelor degree plan since they were obtained for a professional designation but of course couldn’t confirm until a formal evaluation took place. Got the ball rolling though!  Cool

I so often forget about the BSPS (https://www.tesu.edu/business/bsps/index) - it is somewhat more adaptable than it appears on the page; and your credits do look like they may just work for it.  If your credits can be applied to the AOS for that, and you have enough UL credits for the AOS - you could be even closer to done than for a BSBA. 

TESU will only give you two degree evaluations without being an enrolled student - so as soon as they complete the eval your BSBA-GM have them add the BSPS to your official evaluation.. This way you will have no extra fees to learn the credits placements for both.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 587 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,195 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 474 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 381 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,789 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
Information 3 credits in quantitative reasoning for $39 (ACE) MNomadic 92 18,525 10-30-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  What if my Degree contains too many Transfered Credits from Sophia etc.? ecdw94 19 2,767 10-17-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  So... I Asked IU if they accept ACE credits, they do! elcastor21 21 1,648 09-26-2023, 12:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fast, Self Paced, preferrably cheap RA credits elcastor21 6 870 09-12-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee