Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Course And Money Wasted
Once upon a time in the land of "erroneous misconception" I believed I could use this, Humanity and the Race to Save the Planet, to help satisfy a bit of a science requirement at TESC. Then this very nice{not} man at TESC asked me what the heck was I thinking of, because
it will not be allowed and so Iam about to take a test that I now have zero interest in; graduation wise!!! It shall be interesting. Iam taking this I guess to prove I can pass it and maybe to help anyone else who needs insight on this test. All Iam really trying to say is... check with your counselor for approval on any Dantes or Clep test before wasting money, time and sleepless nights. :eek:
Ron Bowman..Tx.
LIBERAL ARTS MAJOR
ATTENDING T.E.S.C.
27 CLEP AND DANTES COMPLETED COURSES AND 12 F.E.M.A.

ONE CLASS TO GO AND I'LL BE DONE. ASTRONOMY IS ALL THAT'S LEFT AND CAP AND GOWN HERE I COME !!
Did you have to pay for everything upfront? When I ordered the DSST test from my testing center, they charge me $15. Then when I take the test I pay the remaining $60.

If I decide not to take a particular test, then I'm only out $15. Actually, a few months ago I ordered a bunch of tests then decided not to take one. My testing center told me this was OK and exchanged the tests for me at no additional cost.

P
PriTyan Wrote:Did you have to pay for everything upfront? When I ordered the DSST test from my testing center, they charge me $15. Then when I take the test I pay the remaining $60.

If I decide not to take a particular test, then I'm only out $15. Actually, a few months ago I ordered a bunch of tests then decided not to take one. My testing center told me this was OK and exchanged the tests for me at no additional cost.

P

Agreed!

You should be able to cancel the exam without having to pay the full fee RBOWMAN.

Of course we WILL appreciate any feedback you have for us after taking it, but you still should consider canceling the exam and saving the $60 if it will serve no purpose for you.

Sorry it didn't work out for you to apply it as science credit,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
I have returned from my sojourn to Dallas. I have taken the race to save the planet test and found myself amused by the circunstances, befuddled by the questions and out $85.00 buckaroonies. Whoopie!! As for the test, be extemely willing to supplement the instantcert study guides. I saw no more than 40 or so questions of commonality with the Instancert study guide info. The least on any test I have taken. Wasn't fun, cheap or easy. Not my preference on spending the afternoon or my money.I felt like if I saw one more question on carbon dioxide I would explode!! I believe I had 37 to 40 right and the test was 104 questions ....soooo maybe I could have guessed right to get the passing grade. I'll cross my fingers, say a prayer and hope for the best. Cool
Ron Bowman..Tx.
LIBERAL ARTS MAJOR
ATTENDING T.E.S.C.
27 CLEP AND DANTES COMPLETED COURSES AND 12 F.E.M.A.

ONE CLASS TO GO AND I'LL BE DONE. ASTRONOMY IS ALL THAT'S LEFT AND CAP AND GOWN HERE I COME !!
Sorry to hear you had such a bad day...but I am willing to bet you did better than you think. I think you must be a pretty good "test taker" to have gotten this far. Thats a great skill to have!
Name: Lynda
Completed hours:126/ Hours completed by test:100
School:Excelsior Degree:BGB
All tests completed!
Classes in Progress-
Business Strategy
Operations Management
Algebra
FINITO! on August 15th- if I can pass Algebra that is...Big Grin )
tampalizard Wrote:Sorry to hear you had such a bad day...but I am willing to bet you did better than you think. I think you must be a pretty good "test taker" to have gotten this far. Thats a great skill to have!

Feeling uncertain about our performance seems to be a common thing with the DANTES exams. Maybe it is just because we don't get the results immediately and so we have time to start second-guessing ourselves?

For me, there always seems to be quite a few questions on every DANTES exam that could go either way, ("I think I'm right, but I could also be completely wrong").

I have taken ten DANTES so far, and for each of them I could never be quite certain that I passed until I got the score report in my hand.

In every case, I ended up not only passing but passing with room to spare. I think the curve really makes a difference.

I honestly felt AWFUL about the Statistics exam as I left the test center. I got my score today and ended up with a 71. If ever I felt like I may have failed an exam, it was this one!

So basically, I no longer trust my 'feelings' when it comes to DANTES exams...."A score report in the hand is worth two in the mail."

:p

I'm sure you did great RBOWMAN,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

[/SIZE]
Congrats Snazzlefrag! Great score, well done. Big Grin
[SIZE="1"]Ana
[COLOR="DarkRed"]96 credits completed (93 by exam)
BS in General Business, Excelsior College (33 credits remaining)
Next exams: DSST Statistics, DSST Business Law 2
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
RBOWMAN Wrote:Once upon a time in the land of "erroneous misconception" I believed I could use this, Humanity and the Race to Save the Planet, to help satisfy a bit of a science requirement at TESC. Then this very nice{not} man at TESC asked me what the heck was I thinking of, because
it will not be allowed and so Iam about to take a test that I now have zero interest in; graduation wise!!! It shall be interesting. Iam taking this I guess to prove I can pass it and maybe to help anyone else who needs insight on this test. All Iam really trying to say is... check with your counselor for approval on any Dantes or Clep test before wasting money, time and sleepless nights. :eek:

[SIZE="2"]It may not satisfy the science requirement but perhaps you can apply it towards lower level credits and/or electives so it wont be a waste but a plus....[/SIZE]Rolleyes
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
anar579 Wrote:Congrats Snazzlefrag! Great score, well done. Big Grin

Thanks Ana!

I really had to work my butt off to get that score! I am absolutely overjoyed to be done with Statistics.

On to Soviet Union next!

It never seems to end.
hilarious
My name is Rob

[/SIZE]
snazzlefrag Wrote:I am absolutely overjoyed to be done with Statistics.

I just got my score back for DANTES Principles of Statistics, I got a 71.

What a relief!
Here's the time frame starting from the day I took the exam until today.
I took the exam on 4/17/06.
They charged my credit card on 4/26/06 (9-days)
They mailed my score on 4/28/06 (11-days)
I received my score on 5/02/06 (15-days)
"A score report in the hand is worth two in the mail."
a (huge) passing statistics score report in the hand.....priceless. Smile Congrats, not a test i'm looking forward to.
Dawn
Taking the Road Less Traveled
The Journey of A Thousand Miles Starts with The First CLEP

BS-Psychology - Excelsior College
Enrolled in the School of Business, BS in Accounting
After MIS I'll be halfway there!
72 CLEP Credits, 21 DSST Credits, 25 ECE Credits (Including Inf Lit), 6 TESC Credits, 2 FEMA Credits = 126 Total
Withholding 6 Credits for Accounting = 120 for Psychology
12 credits completed toward my accounting degree

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business Insider/MSN - College, Grad, Money Articles bjcheung77 4 451 08-17-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Is It Worth the Money to Get a College Degree? Lets Do the Math and Find Out! LevelUP 20 2,099 02-08-2023, 07:27 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Magical, Mystical, Money Machine - Educational Technology bjcheung77 1 511 11-16-2021, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Getting Transcripts From College Wanting Money (maybe) xXAnonymousXx 12 2,107 12-07-2020, 01:17 PM
Last Post: innen_oda
  DSST MONEY AND BANKING TEST GONE? CAREYJESSICA443 7 1,684 06-25-2019, 06:49 AM
Last Post: CAREYJESSICA443
  Study on 5,000 Colleges: Where does your money go? sanantone 4 1,487 04-16-2019, 06:55 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  BSBA Accounting TESU Money and Banking DSST Zachcleigh 5 1,390 04-13-2017, 05:02 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Questions regarding DSST Money and Banking Jody7818 17 1,927 02-11-2017, 12:35 PM
Last Post: pandas4eva
  Need Advice. Want a degree, don't want to spend money. Should I take this path? David.Hamad 26 2,517 11-11-2016, 06:14 PM
Last Post: David.Hamad
  Can 529 money be used on materials used to test out of credits? lc1967 4 1,254 11-04-2016, 12:25 AM
Last Post: ndelco