Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Bad Apples
That is probably the most accurate and insightful analogy of dreaming that I have ever heard!

dcan Wrote:Yes, it is. We had a majority of our infantry platoon on sleeping pills to keep nightmares away. But my boss (a ranger instructor) said it was bad because dreaming is like "taking a mental shit" so not dreaming keeps the emotions in your head all day.

I feel bad for the guys who did it, but they have to be held accountable.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
ryoder Wrote:That is probably the most accurate and insightful analogy of dreaming that I have ever heard!

:iagree:
I think you have an excellent point.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
Where were the rights of those who's bodies were mutilated then hung from a bridge in Fallujah? Where were the rights of those beheaded in iraq on video that was sent out for the world to see? To think that we are taking contact more than normal because of this incident is just hillarious. If i cant sit down at the chow hall with out that damn siren going off twice in the 15 minutes im able to sit down, then how much morecan they step up from what they are already lobbing at us on an hourly basis? I love how people are quick to throw in rights when clearly they can give a crap about it..
It's not that contact will spike immediately because of this. It's that people who would be on the fence about choosing sides will be influenced by this to choose the other side. This is the military equivalent of putting cyanide in your Tylenol. "See, the Taliban were right, the Americans are a bunch of pigs!"

BTW where exactly are you receiving contact every 15 minutes? Even when I monitored SIGACTS and MIRC I never saw anything even remotely approaching that across the entire region, let alone one location.

Here's a short list of why they are screwed for what they did.

Geneva Convention IV
Article 16, second paragraph, of the 1949 Geneva Convention IV provides: “As far as military considerations allow, each Party to the conflict shall facilitate the steps taken … to protect [the killed] against … ill-treatment.”

Additional Protocol I
Article 34(1) of the 1977 Additional Protocol I provides: “The remains of persons who have died for reasons related to occupation or in detention resulting from occupation or hostilities … shall be respected”.

Geneva Convention is binding on the US. LOAC goes further than Geneva Convention in many cases. LOAC compliance is mandatory for all troops.

Article 91 UCMJ
Any person subject to this chapter who—

(1) strikes his superior commissioned officer or draws or lifts up any weapon or offers any violence against him while he is in the execution of his office; or

(2) willfully disobeys a lawful command of his superior commissioned officer; shall be punished, if the offense is committed in time of war, by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct, and if the offense is committed at any other time, by such punishment, other than death, as a court-martial may direct.

Article 91 UCMJ
Any warrant officer or enlisted member who—

(1) strikes or assaults a warrant officer, non-commissioned officer, or petty officer, while that officer is in the execution of his office;

(2) willfully disobeys the lawful order of a warrant officer, noncommissioned officer, or petty officer; or

(3) treats with contempt or is disrespectful in language or deportment toward a warrant officer, noncommissioned officer, or petty officer while that officer is in the execution of his office; shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

Article 92 UCMJ
Any person subject to this chapter who—

(1) violates or fails to obey any lawful general order or regulation;

(2) having knowledge of any other lawful order issued by a member of the armed forces, which it is his duty to obey, fails to obey the order; or

(3) is derelict in the performance of his duties; shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

General Order #1 4 Apr 2009 Section 3 "Prohibited Activities"
f. Photographing or filming detainees or human casualties, as well as the possession, distribution, transfer, copying, or posting, whether electronically or physically, of visual images depicting detainees or human casualties.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.