Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A chapter closes... (My "I'm done" post)
Wow! That little word seems inadequate, but it's all I can say to describe what I'm feeling. My diploma from TESC has arrived...that wonderful piece of paper that commemorates the hard work of my college education! With it, comes a sense of closing. It's finally real!!!

The Lord has been so faithful during this journey. I was blessed to be homeschooled and was able to accumulate almost 60 credits before my high school graduation in 2012. In December of 2013, I applied for graduation...after doing all of my college from home! On March 7, 2014 I graduated with my BA in History. I thank the Lord for seeing me through.

Thanks to all, here, who helped me along the way! Your friendships have meant so much. I truly believe the Lord led me to IC...I could not have done it without you!!! Smile I have always said it, but I will say it, again. You all are the BEST!!!!

I am humbled by the Lord's goodness! May He receive the glory!
Many blessings!
TayTay

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." {Heb. 13:8}

CLEP: English Comp with Essay-51, US Hist. I-60, College Math-65, College Algebra-56, Analyzing and Interpreting Lit-72, Principles of Market.-62, Principles of Man.-60, Human Growth & Develop.-57, Humanities-64, Social Sciences & Hist.-55, Western Civ. I-55, Intro. Psych.-68, Intro to Ed. Psych.-65, Intro. Sociology-61, Western Civ. II-53, US Hist. II-66

DSST: Civil War & Reconstruction-66, Intro to Computing-450, History of the Vietnam War-63, Intro to World Religions-473, Principles of Supervision-445, Intro to Business-429, Here's to Your Health-422, Fund. of Counseling-60, General Anthro.-60, Art of the Western World-74, Intro to Modern Middle East-61, Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union-64

Other: FEMA-12 Credits, TESC-Capstone (A), BYU-Italian Renaissance Ind. Study (A-), World Conflicts-ECE ©

TESC Graduate as of March 2014 - B.A. History - Arnold Fletcher Award
Congratulations!
BA in Natural Sciences/Mathematics, 2013 - TESC - Arnold Fletcher Award
AAS in Applied Computer Studies, 2013 - TESC
116 B&M Credits
32 FEMA Credits
9 ALEKS Credits - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry
9 Straighterline Credits - Business Communication, Microeconomics, English Composition II
6 TESC Credits - Global Environmental Change
3 DSST Credits - Environment and Humanity
Thank you, AlbaTiVo! Smile
Congratulations!! My daughter has a similar story to yours. She also earned 60 credits by the time she graduated from high school in 2012 and is finishing up her last class with TESC now so that she can graduate in June. She never could have accomplished this without the guidance and advice from everyone here. The IC community is truly a blessing!

Danielle
Congrats! I was a fellow March 7th grad, and also with a B.A. in History. But high school was twelve years ago, so it's been a long journey for me.

It is a great accomplishment, but seems surreal. I take out my degree or my transcript almost every day just to look at it - as if it was not quite real. I don't think it has quite sunk in yet.
A.A. General Studies- TESC, 2013
B.A. History, TESC, 2014 - Arnold Fletcher Award - 4.0 GPA
M.A. Government, Security Studies - Johns Hopkins University, Class of 2018.

Straighterline - 26 courses, including English Comp. I & II, Western Civilization I & II, U.S. History I & II, Intro. to Sociology, Intro to Philosophy, Cultural Anthropology, Environmental Science, Science of Nutrition, Business Law, Financial Accounting, etc.

ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra

CLEP: Humanities 56, Social Sciences and History 58

FEMA: 6 credits

DSST: Civil War and Reconstruction 71, Introduction to Vietnam War 69, Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union 64, Modern Middle East 71.

TESC courses: War and American Society (A), Liberal Arts Capstone (A).

120/120! I'm there!

"Another day has passed and I didn't use Algebra once."
" Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
Congrats!!! Cant wait till I but in my done post. Good luck!
Bachelors in Liberal Studies TESC 12/11/15

Various certifications and 1 community college class

TESC English 101
TESC Living in the Information age
TESC Intro to Psychology
TESC Intro to Computers

DSST Personal Finance 1/14
DSST Hear's to your health 3/14
DSST Intro to Business 4/14
DSST Organization Behavior 5/14
DSST Substance Abuse 5/14
DSST Intro to World Religion 6/14
DSST Environment and Humanity 7/14
DSST Human Resource Management 8/14
DSST Money & Banking 8/14
CLEP A&I Lit 8/14
CLEP Intro to Sociology 9/14
DSST Intro to Modern Middle East 12/14
DSST Western Europe since 1945 12/14
ALEKS Intermediate Algebra 2/15
ALEKS College Algebra 2/15
ALEKS Intro to stats 2/15
ALEKS PreCalc 2/15
CLEP History of US I 3/15
CLEP History of US II 4/15
CLEP American Gov 5/15
DSST Principles of Sup 5/15
CLEP Amer Lit 6/15
CLEP Social Science 7/15
CLEP Human growth Dev 8/15
CLEP College Comp 9/15
CLEP Humanities 9/15
TESC Capstone 10/15
a4tunatemom Wrote:Congratulations!! My daughter has a similar story to yours. She also earned 60 credits by the time she graduated from high school in 2012 and is finishing up her last class with TESC now so that she can graduate in June. She never could have accomplished this without the guidance and advice from everyone here. The IC community is truly a blessing!

Danielle

Thank you, Mrs. Danielle! It's exciting! Congrats to your daughter...I love hearing similar stories. Smile I am grateful I was able to do college at home. It was and is the greatest blessing! Yes, IC was so instrumental in my testing. Smile

corpsole2 Wrote:Congrats! I was a fellow March 7th grad, and also with a B.A. in History. But high school was twelve years ago, so it's been a long journey for me.

It is a great accomplishment, but seems surreal. I take out my degree or my transcript almost every day just to look at it - as if it was not quite real. I don't think it has quite sunk in yet.

Thank you! Congrats to you, as well! I agree...it seems very surreal. Smile I am so happy to be done!

cstock Wrote:Congrats!!! Cant wait till I but in my done post. Good luck!

Thank you! When I was testing, it seemed that it would be forever before I got to write my "I'm done" post, but the Lord saw me through! Blessings as you continue on this journey...
Congrats my friend!! :hurray: It's officially official now! Big Grin

And I saw you got the Arnold Fletcher Award....very nice!! Smile
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting
HorseManiac Wrote:Congrats my friend!! :hurray: It's officially official now! Big Grin

And I saw you got the Arnold Fletcher Award....very nice!! Smile

Thank you!!!! I am so grateful for your friendship! Smile
Well done. What aspect of your history degree did you enjoy the most? When your studied for your various history tests, did you study for one that, initially, you didn't think you'd find interesting/fun/intrigueing, but then did?
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,084 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Post-June 2018 TESU prices? Pelican 1 1,328 07-30-2018, 11:00 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,647 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU transcript post graduation Paramedic12 5 2,047 05-31-2018, 11:34 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  My "I'm done!" post bfleshman 7 2,012 04-28-2018, 08:29 PM
Last Post: alleycat
  Post Grad employment stories kitkat 18 4,753 02-28-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: rebel100
  Post graduation credit banking TESU homeschoolmom1 1 1,154 01-25-2018, 08:21 PM
Last Post: davewill
  My I'm Done Post... Finally!! Synicaal 10 3,026 08-23-2017, 10:41 AM
Last Post: RANSOMSOUL
  The Big 3 listed in the Top 50 Schools for Post-9/11 GI Bill and TA Life Long Learning 22 2,962 07-08-2017, 01:00 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Need help coming up with a plan- details in post Motivated2move 9 2,600 02-04-2017, 03:07 AM
Last Post: dfrecore