Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A model worth emulating: Houston
For long lasting sustainable development, proper management of natural resources is a must. Economic prosperity will not last and will decline if people do not have access to a clean environment and unpolluted water and air. The state of Texas, home to the second largest population in the U.S is one such city, which would have fallen into an intractable urban mess, if likeminded people hadn’t stepped in to affect a change.

The Houston as we see today has gone much forward and is now a teeming city full of contented people from all walks of life. The vast open spaces, parks and other recreational facilities have made life much better. The trees planted on the sides of the roads not only provide cool atmosphere to those walking on the footpaths, but also has helped to keep the carbon dioxide levels down.

An umbrella group of various organizations came together under a visionary several years ago to improve the quality of life in the Houston area. One of the other areas that they decided to work was to keep the city clean from billboards and signposts, which has become an eyesore and a health hazard if not removed on time. The real beauty of the city actually got hidden under the numerous signposts and other advertisement graffiti.

Consistent efforts by Dick Weekley, who was not only the founder of a leading real estate brokerage firm but also associated with a leading watchdog, the Texans for Public Justice (TPJ), helped to focus public opinion on this key issue. Even though there have been discordant voices in the beginning, the message got effectively conveyed to the masses. People became much interested in the issue and the vigilant public and the civic authorities brought about a sea change in the scenery in the city. hilarious
Is no place sacred. Even on the instantcert blog, there are still spammers who sneak in.

Is there a moderator that can get this guy out of here please.

Thanks,:mad:
ImustStudy
----------------------------------------
A.S. Liberal Arts- Excelsior College 2007
B.S. Criminal Justice- Excelsior College 2008
M.B.A.- California Coast University 2012
EdS- Liberty University 2014
EdD- Liberty University 2016

Miscellaneous graduate coursework from University of The Rockies and California InterContinental University (that did me absolutely NO GOOD whatsoever)
Grittysam--could you please clarify that this is not spam, like Imuststudy is claiming?

It's in the Offtopic section, so I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, but it's a strange first post by a new user...
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
I have several family members who live in Houston and I KNOW they would disagree with the rosy picture you paint of Houston. Between the smog, crime, and traffic... it's far from paradise!
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
cinderly Wrote:Houston has a lot of potential, but it's not there, yet.
You got that right! And I HATE driving in Houston, because hardly anyone signals, they drive VERY fast, and they tailgate like crazy, all of which I find very unnerving!! :eek: It was easier driving on the crowded Los Angeles freeways than driving here in the Houston area.

What a nice way to start your new job Cindy! Rolleyes

JoAnne
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canada/US: Mac Mini M2 Base model sale - $669 CDN/$499 USD bjcheung77 0 518 01-17-2023, 06:12 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  What Is College Worth in The Media Industry? Kal Di 6 1,096 02-28-2022, 06:48 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  USAF Credentialing: Which of these is worth it? OfficerA 1 738 10-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Last Post: mrs.b
  So you've seen the convict mugshot turned model...but what do you think of it? soliloquy 16 1,677 07-09-2014, 12:57 PM
Last Post: mrs.b
  Is a masters degree really worth it? publius2k4 7 1,304 02-03-2014, 09:27 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Video worth watching! Kiwi Lover 2 1,747 07-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Last Post: annegirl
  University of Houston SubwayIsTasty 1 1,712 05-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Last Post: Kiwi Lover