Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AA & BA?
If you meet requirements for an AA at the some time as completing the requirements for a BA can you request both at the same time?
Old Salt w/ New Papers
Pierpont: AAS BOG BUSINESS FOCUS 8/5/22
Excelsior: BS NUCLEAR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY 10/21/22
Yes, and you SHOULD! If you do not, going back for the other will add significant time & money to your degree path.

Make sure to get the other degree added to your degree plan before you request graduation.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Library2HospitalChaplain
I would say that it depends on the degree as to whether you should or not; if you're getting a BALS, then an AA will add nothing to your resume and there's no real reason to get it. Same with the BSBA/ASBA - irrelevant once that BSBA is there.

OTOH, if you are getting a BACS and want the ASNSM in Math or Computer Science, by all means grab it.

But for many degrees, it's not worth the paper it's printed on (and I say this knowing that for some, getting the AA is a nice pick-me-up on the way to the BA, but that's not what we're talking about here).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
It's free anyway, so why not? Obviously, a subject degree would be better. But an AA isn't bad; when it's free.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • davewill, jsd
I remember when I was set to graduate with my BACS, I needed one extra course to get the ASNSM in CS. Wasn't worth the extra time or money to bother with.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Be aware that some of the associate degrees at TESU have their own Capstone. There is a posting here somewhere listing those you can get without having an associate level capstone (I think it was even me who posted it).
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Basically, if the Associates doesn't require you to use too much of your energy, money, time, then I suggest adding that degree to your plan.  Otherwise, if you think the ROI/Value isn't there, skip it.   In addition, there are certificates that are available as an add-on for no additional cost if you have all the required courses.  Here are the two links on the wiki...

Freebie TESU Certificate Add-on Plans
Sample TESU Add-on Associates Degree Plans
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
So, when applying for graduation do you just ask for both?
Old Salt w/ New Papers
Pierpont: AAS BOG BUSINESS FOCUS 8/5/22
Excelsior: BS NUCLEAR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY 10/21/22
(02-06-2023, 02:52 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Yes, and you SHOULD! If you do not, going back for the other will add significant time & money to your degree path.

Make sure to get the other degree added to your degree plan before you request graduation.

(02-07-2023, 11:47 AM)Insert Name Wrote: So, when applying for graduation do you just ask for both?

NO. As Rachel said, get the AA degree added to your degree plan NOW. 

Fastest way is an email to advising to add the extra degree. That's what I did. :-)
TESU BA.LSSS 121/121, BA.PSYCH 121/121, BA in Liberal Studies-Social Sciences and Psychology: March 2021 Graduation

Since 12/5/19:
CLEP: Intro Sociology - 62, Diversity, DSST: 1/6/20 Ethics in America - 440, 1/8/20 Intro World Religions - 470
Sophia: Intro to Statistics - 95%, & many credits...
Study.com: Ethics Social Sciences 90, Into Crim Justice 91, Criminal Law 90, Forensic Science 88, Social Psychology 94
InstantCert Credit: American Government, 91 4/14/2020
Coopersmith: Drugs and Society, Jewish Rabbinic Counseling, Hist and Sys of Psych, Modern Jewish American History, Physio Psych, Sociology of Jewish Food, JST-225 Laws of Blessings 9/16/22, BIB-376 Trees and Plants of the Bible 12/21/22
UExcel Social Psych: A, 1/26/21
TESU: SOS-110-OL 3 cr. A-99, APS-100-OL 1 cr A-97, PSY-331-EP 3 cr 87, PSY322 Research Exp Psych - A 95 3 cr, SOC291 Criminology A98 3 cr, PSY-300EP Thanatology 3 cr 80, HIS210GS Am Civil Rights Movement History 3 cr A, LIB-495OL Hansen A 3cr
TECEPs: PSY-270 2/3/20,  SOC-210 2/10/20, PSY-350 2/17/20, ETH-210
Insert Name Wrote:So, when applying for graduation do you just ask for both?

Yes, having said that... You can apply for graduation to one program only.  If you're adding another associate, certificate, second area of study, whatever else floats your boat, it's through a request form.  

Here are the links: Thomas Edison State University: Graduation Information | Current Students (tesu.edu)
Certificate Graduation Request Form (tesu.edu)
Second Area of Study/Degree Request Form (tesu.edu)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]