Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACE CREDITS ISSUES
So, I'm told through forum readings and ACE's official site, that transcripts are now certified by Credly. 

I just completed another Sophia "Biz Law" course and my local college that I attend normally accepts my Sophia courses, once I have the transcript go through ACE. Now, I'm getting pushback from them. They wont accept the Sophia course till its "rubber stamped ACE good". I've sent them the link to ACE and copy and pasted the Credly conversion, but still push back as in " we only accept ACE credits".

I've asked them if they are still receiving ACE credits sense 2021 ? Their answer "all the time". 

So, what am I missing ? Any idea's?

Thanks 
You could ask if they'll accept it if you send the transcript via Parchment. It would cost you about $5 to do that. Other than that, I don't know what you can do beyond pointing out that the ACE endorsement is literally in the Credly transcript itself.

https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...0d3a33232a

.png   SophiaBusinessLaw - ACE.png (Size: 96.88 KB / Downloads: 15)

I would also suggest that you change the Subject line of the email to "<Your Name> has sent you their ACE transcript". That might get them to wake up and actually realize that you're not sending them nonsense.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
They're idiots? Courses are not "rubber stamped ACE good" because of a transcript, it's because they've gone through the ACE approval process. The transcript is what tells them that you completed the course (and the date), the ACE National Guide is what tells them if the course was ACE-recommended for college credit at the time you completed it.

To be clear, Credly transcripts do have the ACE badge on them showing that the course is ACE-recommended for college credit.

ACE has outsourced their transcript service to Credly - they stopped sending transcripts, but that has nothing to do with anything at this point (except that it was a completely idiotic decision, but that's beside the point).

Feel free to give them this info, as well as the screenshot from the National Guide with your course on it, as well as a Sophia transcript sent directly from Sophia, as well as a Credly transcript.

https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...redit.aspx
https://www.acenet.edu/Programs-Services...cript.aspx
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-03-2021, 10:55 AM)dfrecore Wrote: They're idiots?  Courses are not "rubber stamped ACE good" because of a transcript, it's because they've gone through the ACE approval process.  The transcript is what tells them that you completed the course (and the date), the ACE National Guide is what tells them if the course was ACE-recommended for college credit at the time you completed it.

To be clear, Credly transcripts do have the ACE badge on them showing that the course is ACE-recommended for college credit.

ACE has outsourced their transcript service to Credly - they stopped sending transcripts, but that has nothing to do with anything at this point (except that it was a completely idiotic decision, but that's beside the point).

Feel free to give them this info, as well as the screenshot from the National Guide with your course on it, as well as a Sophia transcript sent directly from Sophia, as well as a Credly transcript.

https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...redit.aspx
https://www.acenet.edu/Programs-Services...cript.aspx

Thanks Guys, I've send over links like those above, and I forwarded to my school records Admin dept an email from Ace to me explaining the process. Lets see what response they give me. So far I've send the Parchment and the badge, with email from ACE and above links, defrecore provided. I'm glad you guys were here to let me know I'm not losing my mind. THX
If anyone is curious about what the new ACE/Acclaim/Credly transcripts look like, you can send a copy of it to yourself. Each item with an ACE endorsement clearly displays that endorsement with relevant details on the transcript.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
I'm going to get the WV BOG AAS from West Virginia University Parkersburg.   I needed more RA credits anyway for my eventual TESU degree, and WVUP requires one course at their school, where Pierpont does not, but being from WV originally, this was a personal preference for me and I'm not a bit worried about the little extra cost. 

Anyway, the Credly transcript confused them also, but it appears they've worked it out as the ACE credits are on my list of transferred credits now.   I sent them the link to the announcement on the ACE website.  

I may write a separate post at some point about my WVUP experience (it's been great so far) but this Credly transcript process is ridiculous.   It doesn't even look "scholarly" or "official" or whatever it ought to look like.   Rolleyes
West Virginia University at Parkersburg, Associate of Applied Science, Board of Governors program

Traditional College Credits (RA):
15 Credits

ALEKS & CSM Learn:
12 Credits

Straighterline:  
15 Credits

Sophia:
38 Credits
Total from All Sources:
80 Credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes NC Coach's post:
  • rachel83az
(05-03-2021, 10:39 AM)bspecv Wrote: So, I'm told through forum readings and ACE's official site, that transcripts are now certified by Credly. 

I forgot to mention that transcripts are not "certified by Credly." They are just the transcript provider.  Kind of like if you went to a college and they used Parchment or TranscriptsOnDemand or eSCRIP or CredentialsSolutions.  None of my transcripts from my 5 RA schools send transcripts directly from the school to anywhere - you go through a transcript service provider for it.  Even my kid's high school uses one of these to send transcripts.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 171 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 5,067 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 589 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 580 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 571 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM
  Transfer Sophia.org credits to Penn State World Campus? nomaduser 16 3,025 12-19-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dlynn1219
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 625 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  ACTFL no longer give ACE credits? Kab 16 1,383 08-10-2023, 04:41 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Can your Sophia credits be rejected when applying for a Master? ausernameisneeded 24 4,100 08-03-2023, 05:37 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Old ACE credits to Credly defscarlett 4 652 07-27-2023, 07:25 PM