Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACE Credits to Official School Transcript
dfrecore Wrote:I guess I'm not understanding this. If they enroll, and send their transcripts, then can't they just get an official transcript from TESU without going through the credit bank?

I received one recently doing this.

I'm also confused about this, isn't this what people were calling 'credit laundering' and telling me to stay away from?
Depending what your goal is and what classes you are trying to add it would definitely be worth it to hold off. For example... Some MBA program require that you have taken business ethics to enroll. If this was a goal of yours and your preferred school required an extra class or two, it would be a good idea to knock those out now. Another example I can think of was a situation I was in during a job application. They wanted a certain number of years of schoolwork in management courses (i think its was 3 years, aka 6 classes, aka 18 credits).
Depending what your goal is will determine whether it's worth it to wait or not. If you need a new job right now it might not be. Entirely situational and dependent on you.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

theonlyski Wrote:I'm also confused about this, isn't this what people were calling 'credit laundering' and telling me to stay away from?

Not really. Credit "laundering" is trying to kind of trick a school into believing that you got credit directly from a school rather than where you actually received it. Credit banking is just paying TESU to pull all of your transcripts into 1 place, and then issuing a transcript. It's really the same as if you were an enrolled student there and transferred all of your credit in, and then they gave you a transcript.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Not really. Credit "laundering" is trying to kind of trick a school into believing that you got credit directly from a school rather than where you actually received it. Credit banking is just paying TESU to pull all of your transcripts into 1 place, and then issuing a transcript. It's really the same as if you were an enrolled student there and transferred all of your credit in, and then they gave you a transcript.

Does that mean instead of ordering a transcript from each school that a person could instead just order the one transcript from TESU and have everything covered?
Depends on what you are using the transcript for...an employer will probably only want the one transcript. A grad school will probably want all of them.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 678 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,528 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  UVEG - Inexpensive Official Degrees in Mexico bjcheung77 13 1,819 03-28-2024, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,754 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,947 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 3 448 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 709 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 251 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,258 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 679 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia