Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACE Recommendation Updates - Website error
I had an interesting call with ACE today regarding the DSST Money and Banking test I took in January.

TESU rejected my test and credit for it because ACE's website showed that the recommendation expired 10/31/2020.

I called ACE per TESU's recommendation in the rejection area/notes of my Academic Evaluation. After speaking with ACE it turns out that the DSST Money and Banking exam recommendation was renewed from 11/01/2020-10/31/2025 but that the changes had not been pushed to the ACE National Guide website. They pushed the change to the IT department and hopefully it will show up tomorrow and I can get credit. It's my last AOS class credit before the Capstone! They also said to have an advisor call ACE to verify my test and credit to be sure.

Just wanted to let the group know since I remember seeing a list of expiring ACE recommendation that may have the same mistake going on.
[-] The following 3 users Like bigrivergroup's post:
  • rachel83az, ROYISAGIRL, ss20ts
(02-22-2021, 11:29 AM)bigrivergroup Wrote: I had an interesting call with ACE today regarding the DSST Money and Banking test I took in January.

TESU rejected my test and credit for it because ACE's website showed that the recommendation expired 10/31/2020.

I called ACE per TESU's recommendation in the rejection area/notes of my Academic Evaluation. After speaking with ACE it turns out that the DSST Money and Banking exam recommendation was renewed from 11/01/2020-10/31/2025 but that the changes had not been pushed to the ACE National Guide website. They pushed the change to the IT department and hopefully it will show up tomorrow and I can get credit. It's my last AOS class credit before the Capstone! They also said to have an advisor call ACE to verify my test and credit to be sure.

Just wanted to let the group know since I remember seeing a list of expiring ACE recommendation that may have the same mistake going on.
I also just spoke to ACE today too, but probably after you. Sounds like we heard the same thing.

I gave a bit more detail for a different exam on a preexisting thread (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid330621), but the synopsis is:

Once they manually update the DSST exams on the ACE website, it will show that History of the Soviet Union is renewed until October 31st 2025
FYI...As of this morning, the following DSST exams are updated on the ACE site and now show 10/31/2025 expiration dates:
  • Ethics In America
  • General Anthropology
  • History of the Soviet Union
  • Human Resource Management
  • Intro to World Religions
  • Math for Liberal Arts
  • Organizational Behavior
  • Personal Finance
  • Principles of Advanced English Composition
  • Money and Banking (UL)

Besides the big change on the expiration date, the other two major changes that I noticed are:
- There is a new exam for principles of advanced English composition. Maybe this was there before but I don't remember it.
- History of the Soviet Union is no longer listed as upper level. With all the other issues on the website, I'm not sure that it is correct though.
(02-26-2021, 09:20 AM)Bearduke Wrote: FYI...As of this morning, the following DSST exams are updated on the ACE site and now show 10/31/2025 expiration dates:
  • Ethics In America
  • General Anthropology
  • History of the Soviet Union
  • Human Resource Management
  • Intro to World Religions
  • Math for Liberal Arts
  • Organizational Behavior
  • Personal Finance
  • Principles of Advanced English Composition
  • Money and Banking (UL)

Besides the big change on the expiration date, the other two major changes that I noticed are:
- There is a new exam for principles of advanced English composition. Maybe this was there before but I don't remember it.
- History of the Soviet Union is no longer listed as upper level. With all the other issues on the website, I'm not sure that it is correct though.

Adv English Comp has been there for a few years now, it's not new.

If Soviet Union is no longer UL, I'm not surprised, but it's still a bad thing - this was one of the only ways to get an inexpensive non-US History course (although ONU now has one for just $150, thankfully).  They've been getting rid of the UL designation for a few years, they were down to just 4 exams, 1 of which is Public Speaking and almost no school brings it in as UL.  So in effect, there are now just 2 UL DSST exams (Cybersecurity and Money & Banking).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-26-2021, 11:44 AM)dfrecore Wrote: If Soviet Union is no longer UL, I'm not surprised, but it's still a bad thing - this was one of the only ways to get an inexpensive non-US History course (although ONU now has one for just $150, thankfully).  They've been getting rid of the UL designation for a few years, they were down to just 4 exams, 1 of which is Public Speaking and almost no school brings it in as UL.  So in effect, there are now just 2 UL DSST exams (Cybersecurity and Money & Banking).

Maybe I missed something about new credit sources. What is ONU and what course is available? Has it been confirmed to be accepted for the non-US history req at TESU?
ONU = Olivet Nazarene University. There is a thread about them and a page on the wiki. As far as I'm aware, their history has not been confirmed to meet TESU's non-history requirement. But, even if it doesn't, it's still only $150 for UL history credits.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-26-2021, 09:18 PM)Bearduke Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 11:44 AM)dfrecore Wrote: If Soviet Union is no longer UL, I'm not surprised, but it's still a bad thing - this was one of the only ways to get an inexpensive non-US History course (although ONU now has one for just $150, thankfully).  They've been getting rid of the UL designation for a few years, they were down to just 4 exams, 1 of which is Public Speaking and almost no school brings it in as UL.  So in effect, there are now just 2 UL DSST exams (Cybersecurity and Money & Banking).

Maybe I missed something about new credit sources. What is ONU and what course is available? Has it been confirmed to be accepted for the non-US history req at TESU?

TESU's requirement from their website: Non-Western/Non-U.S. History (e.g., Africa, Asia, Latin American, Middle East) (one semester)

ONU's course: HIS 379 - Latin American History and Politics
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Check your library website for free test prep help Whitepines 5 1,746 12-22-2020, 11:45 PM
Last Post: jch