Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACE Transcript for Job Application?
Joeman200 Wrote:What I'm thinking now is I'll just apply saying HS diploma and leave the "BACJ in progress" out of my resume.... Hopefully HR will still send my application to my bosses desk. I'll just personally tell my bosses about my education when I'm just casually talking with them.

dfrecore Wrote:I personally would just say that you're working on your BA in CJ, and that you're about halfway through (or 75% or whatever). That's it. No other explanation is necessary on the how or how quickly you're doing it.

I would have to agree, most of my positions I've applied for, I enter in my educational level within the resume and state where I've taken courses.
So, for example, you're going for a BACJ and have 90 credits, I would enter in something like: In progress, BACJ, and not mention the credits.
Basically, if the person needs to know, they'll ask you during the interview how far you've gone with the BACJ or any other questions they have.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
That looks like a state park ranger job.

If it requires n hours of college credit in order to apply (I can't remember what's been posted right now), you may not make it through the scrub without some overriding from your HR. You have college credits. They are just from unaccredited sources. If the position requires the hours come from an accredited source, again, you may be boned.

You're gonna have to go have an uncomfortable conversation with your boss and HR, or you may have to pass on this opportunity. I have given up trying to explain what I'm doing (piecemealing credits from the most inexpensive non-traditional sources.) It smells like BS to people with traditional degrees. Now, I can just say I'm going to TESU online, and that placates everybody.

Don't give up on it, and don't sell yourself short though. Your boss will know how to work HR if they like you for that slot.
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

High_Order1 Wrote:That looks like a state park ranger job.

If it requires n hours of college credit in order to apply (I can't remember what's been posted right now), you may not make it through the scrub without some overriding from your HR. You have college credits. They are just from unaccredited sources. If the position requires the hours come from an accredited source, again, you may be boned.

You're gonna have to go have an uncomfortable conversation with your boss and HR, or you may have to pass on this opportunity. I have given up trying to explain what I'm doing (piecemealing credits from the most inexpensive non-traditional sources.) It smells like BS to people with traditional degrees. Now, I can just say I'm going to TESU online, and that placates everybody.

Don't give up on it, and don't sell yourself short though. Your boss will know how to work HR if they like you for that slot.

He said that the job only requires a high school diploma. I think his concern is that he won't be competitive without the college credits. I think he's making the right choice to apply without mentioning the college credits. He would risk being disqualified if he can't present a transcript from an accredited college. It would be nice to see the whole job ad.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 3 449 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU CIS-194 Transcript vesparza15 3 586 10-13-2023, 10:47 AM
Last Post: vesparza15
  International Transcript Evaluation bradonomics 14 1,342 06-27-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Lost transcript mlohjj 13 1,265 11-15-2022, 02:01 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Transcript hold at college. How to finish CS degree elsewhere? HawkofDarkness 35 2,842 10-18-2022, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  Student Loan Forgiveness Application is Live ashkir 0 1,203 10-14-2022, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Transcript Designations vintage_jacket 2 609 09-08-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  My master "Omni Transcript" jsd 26 6,515 09-03-2022, 02:53 PM
Last Post: jsd
  UMass Global / Brandman myPath Application and Transfer Experience? origamishuttle 8 2,038 01-27-2022, 05:47 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Application Requirements Inquiry bjcheung77 5 1,066 09-01-2021, 02:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77