Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACE Transcript for Job Application?
At my company and probably most others, not finishing your BA or just getting the AA will get you lumped with the high school grads. We get plenty of apps with BA degrees so we don't need to avoid rejecting applications without the required BA.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
Yeah, submit it. What would be the downside?

If there are hundreds of applications like you say, you risk your's getting toss aside if it doesn't have SOMETHING besides high school on it. Ideally you have something a lot more significant than high school or AA or BA. At least increase your odds of getting passed the earliest round.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
To clarify, it's not that I haven't completed a BA that I started a long time ago. I started in November and put "Completed 70 credits in 6 months"...."In progress" on my resume...

I'll purchase the ACE transcript for myself and send that in...
TESU BA in Criminal Justice, 2018
TRCC Emergency Management Certificate, 2018
Most employers don't even know what ACE is. If they look it up, they'll see that it's not a school. If all you have are ACE credits, then you have unaccredited credits. The ACE credits don't become valid for anything until they are accepted by an accredited school.

Now, I know you are looking for jobs in the criminal justice field. For many government jobs, they will substitute experience year-for-year with college education. And, some jobs will list "some college preferred." Also, an associate's degree is not useless with government jobs; you just apply to jobs that require or prefer an associate's degree. I've even come across a good number of private sector jobs that require an associate's degree. For jobs that only require a high school diploma, there is a good chance that most of the other applicants will not have a degree depending on the type of job.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
This job only requires completion of HS. I just spoke with HR and they said it needs to be accredited (although they didn't seem that knowledgeable).
Here's the question..
Quote:From the following educational options please select all for which you have completed college course work and/or possess a bachelor's degree or higher. A copy of your official transcripts must be included as an attachment.

Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement or a related field. Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement or a related field.
Natural Resources or a related field. Natural Resources or a related field.
Park Management/Outdoor Recreation or a related field. Park Management/Outdoor Recreation or a related field.
Skilled trades certification (i.e. journeyman plumber, welder, carpenter, electrician, etc.)
Other
None

and this:

From the following educational options, select the highest you possess. If college coursework is selected, you must attach a copy of your transcripts.

None
High school diploma or equivalent education High school diploma or equivalent education
Completed at least 8 semester (12 term) college credits in natural resources, park management or ... Completed at least 8 semester (12 term) college credits in natural resources, park management or outdoor recreation
Completed at least 15 semester (22 terms) college credits in natural resources, park management or... Completed at least 15 semester (22 term) college credits in natural resources, park management or outdoor recreation

That's how they are going to filter applicants (as you were talking about High_Order1)

My concern is I want to show that I've got "the equivalent" of an associates degree in 6 months on my resume, but then I have no proof for HR on that claim. I'm actually applying where I currently work... I can explain the education during my interview since I will be interviewed by my current bosses. Since it is a government job though, HR has to screen the application first.... ...I want to show that I have some higher education, but I don't want to disqualify myself for not providing proof... that being said, I don't want to disqualify myself for not presenting "valid" proof...
How long will it take to get a credit bank transcript?

Scratch that. They're too expensive.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
What I'm thinking now is I'll just apply saying HS diploma and leave the "BACJ in progress" out of my resume.... Hopefully HR will still send my application to my bosses desk. I'll just personally tell my bosses about my education when I'm just casually talking with them.
Joeman200 Wrote:My concern is I want to show that I've got "the equivalent" of an associates degree in 6 months on my resume, but then I have no proof for HR on that claim. I'm actually applying where I currently work... I can explain the education during my interview since I will be interviewed by my current bosses. Since it is a government job though, HR has to screen the application first.... ...I want to show that I have some higher education, but I don't want to disqualify myself for not providing proof... that being said, I don't want to disqualify myself for not presenting "valid" proof...

I'm not sure I would show that I have "the equivalent of an AA/AS in 6 months." They might actually ding you for not going a more traditional route, and figure you must be doing something shady going that fast.

Also, having 60cr is not necessarily equivalent to an AA/AS, so I wouldn't say that either. For example, if you have 60cr in history, that's not even close to an AA/AS at any school, anywhere. You have to meet all the necessary requirements within the degree to get it. So don't even go there. If anyone who interviews you went to a 4-yr school, they most likely don't have an AA/AS either, because many 4-yr schools don't offer them, and many people who went the 2-yr route first didn't get an AA/AS but rather their transfer requirements and then transferred over. So not having an AA/AS because you're getting your BA is completely understandable to almost everyone.

I personally would just say that you're working on your BA in CJ, and that you're about halfway through (or 75% or whatever). That's it. No other explanation is necessary on the how or how quickly you're doing it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I know it's too late for this job in particular, but going forward, you may want to just go ahead and get a BOG AAS at one of the schools like WVNCC or Pierpont. Then at least you have the piece of paper showing the 2-yr degree.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Also, I've worked in HR, and never had an internal candidate not make it through to their boss. At every company I worked for, they valued internal candidates MUCH higher than external, and the boss would just say "I've got so-and-so applying online, they already work for me, please make sure I get their resume." No questions asked, they ALWAYS got that person's resume whether they were perfectly qualified or not. The fact that they were already doing the job, or something like it, or had already proven themselves to their boss, more than made up for the lack of certain schooling or certs or whatever.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 3 460 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU CIS-194 Transcript vesparza15 3 588 10-13-2023, 10:47 AM
Last Post: vesparza15
  International Transcript Evaluation bradonomics 14 1,360 06-27-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Lost transcript mlohjj 13 1,271 11-15-2022, 02:01 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Transcript hold at college. How to finish CS degree elsewhere? HawkofDarkness 35 2,845 10-18-2022, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  Student Loan Forgiveness Application is Live ashkir 0 1,203 10-14-2022, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Transcript Designations vintage_jacket 2 612 09-08-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  My master "Omni Transcript" jsd 26 6,520 09-03-2022, 02:53 PM
Last Post: jsd
  UMass Global / Brandman myPath Application and Transfer Experience? origamishuttle 8 2,040 01-27-2022, 05:47 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Application Requirements Inquiry bjcheung77 5 1,066 09-01-2021, 02:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77