Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACE Transfer Lists
(01-19-2022, 03:05 PM)schristian10 Wrote:
(01-16-2022, 07:00 PM)evanmonast Wrote: Do Essentials of Managing Conflict and Developing Effective Teams transfer as 1 credit to UMPI or 3? They're both one credit on Sophia.

If it transfer's from Sophia it should be in the updated transfer list.

As I previously stated, they do transfer as 1 credit. The list doesn't show the number of credits. They're both BUS1XX courses which means they're a LL business elective.
Study.com Earth Science 104 Intro to Meteorology transferring as ENV-120 in 3D, also 3E which requires science with lab. Is this a mistake by any chance? it looks too good to be true.
[-] The following 2 users Like path_seeker's post:
  • Pikachu, ss20ts
(01-20-2022, 01:27 AM)path_seeker Wrote: Study.com Earth Science 104 Intro to Meteorology transferring as ENV-120 in 3D, also 3E which requires science with lab. Is this a mistake by any chance? it looks too good to be true.

It seems really odd to me because they have been very adamant about 3E needing a lab. I went through this last year and thankfully had taken a lab science at another college years ago. I wasn't even able to apply that to 3E initially. I had to go through several people to get it approved.
(01-11-2022, 02:00 PM)park0902 Wrote: It's just a PA. Communication 120 Presentation Skills in Workplace still comes in as PCJ 215 Business Communication but you have to contact the registrar's office to explain the agreement between Study.com and UMPI. I did it and the staff told me that they need to update their records. It might change in the future but I highly recommend taking Communication 120 on Study.com if you need it. It's super easy especially if you've taken speech or public speaking before.
I'm so glad I found this comment, I already took and paid for Presentation Skills in the Workplace because it said this on UMPI's Maine Street equivalency chart and someone was trying to tell me that it wasn't on there. Rachel83az mentioned there was an agreement between SDC and UMPI so you confirming this is huge for me. I already reached out to the registrars office asking this exact question as well as the Intro to Meteorology counting as a lab. 

Assuming both are accepted I'm ready to send my transcripts over.
(01-24-2022, 01:41 PM)evanmonast Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 02:00 PM)park0902 Wrote: It's just a PA. Communication 120 Presentation Skills in Workplace still comes in as PCJ 215 Business Communication but you have to contact the registrar's office to explain the agreement between Study.com and UMPI. I did it and the staff told me that they need to update their records. It might change in the future but I highly recommend taking Communication 120 on Study.com if you need it. It's super easy especially if you've taken speech or public speaking before.
I'm so glad I found this comment, I already took and paid for Presentation Skills in the Workplace because it said this on UMPI's Maine Street equivalency chart and someone was trying to tell me that it wasn't on there. Rachel83az mentioned there was an agreement between SDC and UMPI so you confirming this is huge for me. I already reached out to the registrars office asking this exact question as well as the Intro to Meteorology counting as a lab. 

I'm the one telling you it is NOT CURRENTLY on the transfer database at UMPI. I can see all of the transfer courses as I'm an active UMPI student. UMPI has made SEVERAL changes this year to ACE course transfers. What transferred last year may be different this year or may not transfer at all now. Courses are reevaluated frequently.
(01-24-2022, 01:45 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 01:41 PM)evanmonast Wrote:

I'm the one telling you it is NOT CURRENTLY on the transfer database at UMPI. I can see all of the transfer courses as I'm an active UMPI student. UMPI has made SEVERAL changes this year to ACE course transfers. What transferred last year may be different this year or may not transfer at all now. Courses are reevaluated frequently.
Have you tried contacting the registrars office?  Big Grin
(01-24-2022, 01:55 PM)evanmonast Wrote: Have you tried contacting the registrars office?  Big Grin

No smart Alec. I'm already a graduate who is trying to help others out. Snotty comments such as these make people not want to help.
Time to take a step back and indulge in your hot beverage of choice.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

(01-24-2022, 02:13 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(01-24-2022, 01:55 PM)evanmonast Wrote: Have you tried contacting the registrars office?  Big Grin

No smart Alec. I'm already a graduate who is trying to help others out. Snotty comments such as these make people not want to help.
Take a deep breathe lol it was a joke.. But honestly, he literally just said you had to contact the registrars office to explain the agreement. You haven't done that, but he has. I'm pretty sure he is also still a student so he has access to the same secret database you have right? My question is if he has first hand experience while also having the exact same credentials as you, why should I disregard what he said? 

My name isn't Alec but if I wanted to really be smart I would have responded to your statement "UMPI has made SEVERAL changes this year to ACE course transfers." reminding you that the course is not in fact an ACE course  Big Grin
Yo, post something useful instead of your personal quarrels. First, confirm that Meteorology course transfers as 3E to save us from that biology with lab. That course work is unbearable. I don't want to cut some mitochondria into half to get a degree, and work on databases.
[-] The following 1 user Likes andromeda_galaxy's post:
  • uncapentin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bus 150 - Sophia didn't transfer layermonkey 5 280 04-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Full list of sophia courses that will transfer? And any Major recs? hexclep 1 236 04-07-2024, 06:10 PM
  Transfer and see what transfers, BEFORE starting the degree? ecdw94 8 540 03-24-2024, 01:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  HELP! SDC to UMPI transfer jrock87 3 272 03-16-2024, 12:14 AM
Last Post: jrock87
  Can I transfer credits after applying? annanotherone 8 540 02-22-2024, 11:39 AM
  Transfer credit help needed - UMPI for BA in Accounting Sarajane 15 1,840 02-06-2024, 07:12 PM
  Does CLEP College Composition MODULAR transfer? octoco 2 343 01-11-2024, 10:25 PM
  Official Transfer Course Equivalencies Holmes 11 5,806 01-03-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  How long is it taking for Jessica to reach out after Transfer Credit Report completed octoco 7 662 12-19-2023, 09:17 PM
  UMPI Transfer Credit Questions Cb1818c 2 522 12-02-2023, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Ncerva