Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASNSM Biology & CS AOS requirements
- Do the following courses work for the ASNSM Degrees Area of Study? I'm in the process of adding the ASNSM degree in Biology & Computer Science

For ASNSM Biology Electives:
- Study.com Biology 101L: Intro to Biology with Lab
- Straighterline Nutrition - NUTRI101
- Straighterline Pharmacology - PHARM103 (Does this work?)

- General Biology II w/lab either at Portage Learning or NMJC or another RA institution.

For ASNSM Computer Science Electives:
- Study.com Business 104: Information Systems and Computer Applications
- Study.com Computer Science 102: Fundamentals of Information Technology
- Study.com Computer Science 105: Introduction to Operating Systems
- Coopersmith Microsoft PowerPoint (TCH-162) OR Microsoft Word (TCH-161)

- With the 2 Math courses I have (BUS-210 Quantitative Skills Business and MAT-121 College Algebra) in my TESU transcript, do they fulfill the Quantitative Literacy and Mathematics requirements for both ASNSMs, or will I also have to complete a Statistics course?

Aiming for TESU BSBA-GM, ASNSM in Biology, ASNSM in Computer Science
Pharmacology comes in as Bio-203. So that should fit. I took Biology II at NMJC it was good, but it isn't self paced and it's 8 weeks. The Biology degree looks good.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(01-05-2021, 01:26 PM)elenlushk Wrote: - Do the following courses work for the ASNSM Degrees Area of Study? I'm in the process of adding the ASNSM degree in Biology & Computer Science

- General Biology II w/lab either at Portage Learning or NMJC or another RA institution.

- With the 2 Math courses I have (BUS-210 Quantitative Skills Business and MAT-121 College Algebra) in my TESU transcript, do they fulfill the Quantitative Literacy and Mathematics requirements for both ASNSMs, or will I also have to complete a Statistics course?
I am looking at same plan too and not sure but maybe sophia stats can help fill that extra slot. I had the same question.
(01-05-2021, 08:51 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: Pharmacology comes in as Bio-203. So that should fit. I took Biology II at NMJC it was good, but it isn't self paced and it's 8 weeks.  The Biology degree looks good.

Did you need to purchase a lab kit to do the Biology courses at NMJC? I'm overseas and am concerned about the shipping cost.

(01-05-2021, 10:15 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 01:26 PM)elenlushk Wrote: - Do the following courses work for the ASNSM Degrees Area of Study? I'm in the process of adding the ASNSM degree in Biology & Computer Science

I am looking at same plan too and not sure but maybe sophia stats can help fill that extra slot. I had the same question.

Yeah exactly- based on their catalog BUS-210 Quantitative Skills Business seems to work for quantitative literacy and MAT-121 College Algebra for Mathematics, but I'm still in the process of getting the degree added to my account so I don't know for sure. Under the 'what-if' scenario algebra goes under quantitative literacy and quantitative skills under sciences.

Nope no lab kit was purchased. If I remember correctly we did electronic labs.

In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(01-06-2021, 04:42 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: Nope no lab kit was purchased. If I remember correctly we did electronic labs.

Thanks! When you applied for NMJC, what was your application type? I just want to take Biology II to transfer to TESU.

(01-20-2021, 02:46 AM)elenlushk Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 04:42 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: Nope no lab kit was purchased. If I remember correctly we did electronic labs.

Thanks! When you applied for NMJC, what was your application type? I just want to take Biology II to transfer to TESU.
If I remember correctly they had a matriculation application. It was a few years ago though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 365 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree plans - Second bachelor's degree, ASNSM, and certificates carrythenothing 6 1,534 01-06-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Elective requirements Kones 7 482 10-26-2023, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU ASNSM in Mathematics Add-On for BA in Computer Science bradonomics 31 2,057 10-24-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  TESU degree requirements help based on current catalog evenFair23 42 2,957 08-03-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Reducing Credit Hour Residency Requirements from 16 to 15. CanICode 10 1,092 07-02-2023, 06:14 PM
  Foreign (canadian) bachelor's degree does not waive GE requirements? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 12 783 06-11-2023, 11:28 AM
  Pursuing multiple TESU degrees; residency/RA requirements? bruh 8 715 06-11-2023, 03:04 AM
  Testing out of History & Civics and Ethical Leadership requirements? WHOASIS1 6 758 03-31-2023, 09:36 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Star Requirements for BA CompSci COMPLETE jsd 22 2,738 03-19-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Pats20