Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About Sophia
I think like all of you I am making good use of the free sophia courses.

I think i will not being able to finish all of them by July 31 when the generous Sophia offer ends.

What I don't have is: if I register for a course on July 30, i can still finish this course in next 2 months?? And the course is still free??
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
You can do the following: Register for a few of the courses and you have two months to finish them, you can also email them for a 1 month extension, so in total, it really is 3 months of learning. Just to be on the safe side, work on a few at once, not all of them at once and take the overlapping courses first. When it nears July 30th, register for all the remaining courses so you'll have "more" time to complete it later, it can be finished all way until end of October.

So, to be clear, for example, it has 28 courses. Register for the easiest/fastest/the ones that most interest you (like 1/4th) of the courses, then try to finish asap. When you're done, register for another 1/4th, and when the date nears July 30th, register for all the remaining ones. This way, the dates are staggered and you have extended time to do them.

One last tip: Get a second monitor for multi-tasking, SKIP the 2 free courses on the WIKI and the 3 foundation of English, College Algebra, Stats courses for now. Lastly, complete these other freebies later https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 6 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • 4252049, CableGuy98, cecilgambe7, ctcarl, jch, rachel83az
(06-14-2020, 11:38 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You can do the following: Register for a few of the courses and you have two months to finish them, you can also email them for a 1 month extension, so in total, it really is 3 months of learning.  Just to be on the safe side, work on a few at once, not all of them at once and take the overlapping courses first.  When it nears July 30th, register for all the remaining courses so you'll have "more" time to complete it later, it can be finished all way until end of October.  

So, to be clear, for example, it has 28 courses.  Register for the easiest/fastest/the ones that most interest you (like 1/4th) of the courses, then try to finish asap.  When you're done, register for another 1/4th, and when the date nears July 30th, register for all the remaining ones.  This way, the dates are staggered and you have extended time to do them.

One last tip:  Get a second monitor for multi-tasking, SKIP the 2 free courses on the WIKI and the 3 foundation of English, College Algebra, Stats courses for now. Lastly, complete these other freebies later https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit

Thank you for your tips!!

Im doing courses one by one... i just wait to finish one to enroll in other; but i will enroll in every one on July 30.

I think i will spend all this months in Sophia, so sad i can't also take the ASU courses, both offers was relased at same time.
(06-14-2020, 11:55 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote:
(06-14-2020, 11:38 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You can do the following: Register for a few of the courses and you have two months to finish them, you can also email them for a 1 month extension, so in total, it really is 3 months of learning.  Just to be on the safe side, work on a few at once, not all of them at once and take the overlapping courses first.  When it nears July 30th, register for all the remaining courses so you'll have "more" time to complete it later, it can be finished all way until end of October.  

So, to be clear, for example, it has 28 courses.  Register for the easiest/fastest/the ones that most interest you (like 1/4th) of the courses, then try to finish asap.  When you're done, register for another 1/4th, and when the date nears July 30th, register for all the remaining ones.  This way, the dates are staggered and you have extended time to do them.

One last tip:  Get a second monitor for multi-tasking, SKIP the 2 free courses on the WIKI and the 3 foundation of English, College Algebra, Stats courses for now. Lastly, complete these other freebies later https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit

Im doing courses one by one... i just wait to finish one to enroll in other; but i will enroll in every one on July 30.

I think i will spend all this months in Sophia, so sad i can't also take the ASU courses, both offers was relased at same time.

ASU is a better option if you need RA credits; but Sophia is a great option for everything else.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
(06-15-2020, 01:17 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-14-2020, 11:55 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote:

ASU is a better option if you need RA credits; but Sophia is a great option for everything else.

I acually will need RA credits, 9 for EC in order to proof english proficiency and avoid TOEFL (a request for international students) and 27 for COSC due to new rules (i dont totally discard COSC yet).

The issue is that i think it is a better business to spend all my time with Sophia.
You don't need to finish Sophia's courses by July 31st. You need to have started them by July 31st for them to be free.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • cecilgambe7, harrypotter
Am I missing something? Or are all the folks who are taking courses not posting on the Official Guide to Courses? I want to determine what else to take after I finish the FINAL in Stats.
(07-11-2020, 08:52 PM)LongRoad Wrote: Am I missing something? Or are all the folks who are taking courses not posting on the Official Guide to Courses? I want to determine what else to take after I finish the FINAL in Stats.

What's your degree plan? Where are you attending and what degree? There's no set order in which to take courses.
(07-11-2020, 08:52 PM)LongRoad Wrote: Am I missing something? Or are all the folks who are taking courses not posting on the Official Guide to Courses? I want to determine what else to take after I finish the FINAL in Stats.

I've been too busy taking courses to write up everything. I am working my way through all of the Sophia courses, though, so if you have questions, I can help with all but the following (so far):

Accounting, Intro to Business, Conflict Resolution, Eng. Comp II, Public Speaking, Intro to Stats, Intro to Sociology, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics. 

But I did create this page to help people prioritize what to take next: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 10 176 26 minutes ago
Last Post: Kab
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 115 59,171 Yesterday, 12:09 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 555 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 817 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 198 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 848 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 321 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Sophia Spanish Touchstone Question JohnD 2 235 04-03-2024, 11:26 PM
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 8 7,148 03-29-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 353 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM