Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About to get a B
videogamesrock Wrote:Write a feature-benefit-emotional appeal statement an Apartment Leasing Professional might make for each of the five (5) features listed below. Each feature-benefit-emotional appeal statement is worth 6 points. (30 points total)
Balcony (or patio)
Vaulted ceilings
Bookcases
Pantry
Breakfast nook
To receive full credit, the benefit and emotional appeal given in each statement must clearly relate to the feature being discussed. Points will be deducted if:
If a benefit does not clearly satisfy a possible need or want
If an emotional appeal is not clearly expressed and connected to the benefit
A feature-benefit-emotional appeal statement has significant spelling or grammar errors
Criteria Points
Responses contain the requested information ) 15/30
Responses demonstrate professional tone and communication strategies 10/30
Grammar and vocabulary are correct 5/30

One example:
4) Pantry:
A pantry made for royalty. Our 150 sq. ft. pantry will clearly show your guests a feature not available anywhere else. A must have for dining and entertainment.

Her response:

Your approach seems one dimensional and does not really show a benefit other than luxury.

I have to say, I agree with the teacher. You need to elaborate on what makes it "fit for royalty." 150 sq ft is a dimension, not a quality with strong emotional appeal. Likewise, there is no intrinsic benefit to a pantry "not available anywhere else" in and of itself. You have to show why it's uniquely better or different.

P.S. What are your guests doing in the pantry, anyway? Do you bring them there to make them jealous?
valedecem Wrote:I have to say, I agree with the teacher. You need to elaborate on what makes it "fit for royalty." 150 sq ft is a dimension, not a quality with strong emotional appeal. Likewise, there is no intrinsic benefit to a pantry "not available anywhere else" in and of itself. You have to show why it's uniquely better or different.

P.S. What are your guests doing in the pantry, anyway? Do you bring them there to make them jealous?
Yes exactly right. You bring them there to make them jealous. Plus there is also room to showcase your associate degrees.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
C's get degrees!
malorimer Wrote:C's get degrees!

I wound up getting a B, it took her a week to post the grades after the courses ended and I did not receive a response to any of my emails throughout the semester.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS