Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acclaim has switched to Credly, added confusion
How are they going to know you don’t like the new system if you don’t tell them? If you really don’t like it. You should spend a few minutes to tell ACE why you don’t like it and how they can improve it in your opinion for them to consider. If it lives on this forum solely how are they going to know?

Tell them you don’t like it. Tell them you want a more “professional” transcript and tell them how you want the professional transcript to look.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
ACE has never been a college, they only recommend it for college credit. Technically, they're just like a credit bank for credit and nothing more. If there was no ACE credit bank/transcript service, they'll essentially be just like the NCCRS providers... It ultimately is up to the course provider to send those to ACE/Credly, sadly some providers come and go, so those are now "kaput".
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ashkir
(04-19-2021, 01:34 PM)ashkir Wrote: How are they going to know you don’t like the new system if you don’t tell them? If you really don’t like it. You should spend a few minutes to tell ACE why you don’t like it and how they can improve it in your opinion for them to consider. If it lives on this forum solely how are they going to know?

Tell them you don’t like it. Tell them you want a more “professional” transcript and tell them how you want the professional transcript to look.

Unfortunately, many of us contacted ACE back in November/December during the switch, to no avail.  They didn't care.

They also have no say in what transcripts from Credly look like - they farmed that out to a separate company, and they knew what the transcripts would look like, and didn't seem to care.

Now, I'm thinking that Credly might be more amenable to pleasing their customers than ACE has been, but not really sure on that.  I mean, they can't really be WORSE than ACE at this point...
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
The providers themselves should be offering badges, not the transcript service.

Badges are not conducive to individual college courses. Those should be listed on a traditional transcript. The individual components that make up a microcredential don't get badges, they get a single badge at the end of the program. What's next, a badge instead of a degree diploma??

We need regular transcripts for higher education. Not game tokens. Credly should let us choose the appropriate format for different purposes.
I don't have an account with either one. I've completed 4 courses at Study.com do I still follow the Acclaim process instructions on the wiki page or do I just skip Acclaim all together and create an account with Credly? Also, is this the correct webpage for Credly: https://www.credly.com/users/sign_in
(04-20-2021, 11:10 AM)carebear_007 Wrote: I don't have an account with either one. I've completed 4 courses at Study.com do I still follow the Acclaim process instructions on the wiki page or do I just skip Acclaim all together and create an account with Credly? Also, is this the correct webpage for Credly: https://www.credly.com/users/sign_in

Thanks for reminding me I need to fix the wiki. The process should be the same except using Credly instead of Acclaim. If you try to go to Acclaim, the link will redirect to Credly. That is the correct link.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • carebear_007
I have a question. One of the positives about badges is that they can potentially be added to the bitcoin or other blockchains. Credly is, apparently, set up for this:

https://info.credly.com/blockchain

The advantage of this is if an alt credit provider or even ACE goes out of business, the digital credential can still be verified via the blockchain.

So, my question is how do we get badges added to the blockchain?
[-] The following 1 user Likes eriehiker's post:
  • FastTrackDegree

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 539 03-29-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 200 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 326 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
  Confused about Credly/ACE! yc1981 6 817 12-01-2023, 12:10 AM
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,606 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Old ACE credits to Credly defscarlett 4 660 07-27-2023, 07:25 PM
  Is Sophia still using Credly? SCYankee 4 1,068 06-20-2023, 11:46 AM
  Teex - How long for Credly badges to show up? nyjosh 14 2,510 05-13-2023, 02:56 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  study.com to credly? kimmyk 3 1,486 08-25-2022, 07:29 AM
Last Post: evanmonast
Question Credly is missing three Sophia badges BeanCarrotPotato 4 1,419 03-04-2022, 10:28 AM
Last Post: BeanCarrotPotato