Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accreditation visit \o/
I just got this invitation sent to me. I cut out the more personal stuff directed directly towards me. But, this looks interesting and potentially really good! Big Grin \o/

I am writing to see if you would consider participating in an upcoming 30-minute group meeting with other UMPI YourPace students, for a discussion with our regional accreditor - NECHE. NECHE (The New England Commission on Higher Education) is the governing body that allows UMPI (and other colleges and universities in New England) to offer degrees. They evaluate our work as an institution and our practices around educating our students.

UMPI was the first public university in New England to offer competency-based education programming. In 2017, we were the first school NECHE approved for CBE. When they gave their approval, they said they would check back periodically to see how things were going. They are planning a "site visit" for May 12th. The visit will actually take place virtually - everything will be via zoom. They will meet with campus leadership, faculty, staff, and students.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • EeBee
Are you going to do it?   I am guessing your input would be favorable.  Smile
I am trying to model my own degree completion plan based off your sheet you shared in another thread.  I will be interesting to see if I can create something.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(04-22-2021, 02:47 PM)Vle045 Wrote: Are you going to do it?   I am guessing your input would be favorable.  Smile
I am trying to model my own degree completion plan based off your sheet you shared in another thread.  I will be interesting to see if I an create something.

yeah I'm going to do it. My input is going to definitely be favorable for them. UMPI was a huge part of my success, despite my frustrations with it, and ranting it out here, UMPI has been great at trying to fix it for the next cohort. 

My differences from that sheet versus what actually did is I took everything at Sophia lol (and nothing at Study.com) and still did it in 7 months (with a 1.5 month break!) I copied my entire degree audit and broke it down line by line for all 120 required credits for my major (and only my major). I don't know what the degree audit is like for the other majors that are completed, so I didn't bother with those. 

GOOD LUCK YOU GOT THIS
[-] The following 4 users Like ashkir's post:
  • EeBee, Pikachu, rachel83az, Vle045

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accreditation Update ashkir 5 1,268 04-16-2022, 02:20 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  Campus visit Federicojavier 5 703 10-04-2021, 02:55 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  ACBSP Accreditation TPG 11 2,133 07-27-2021, 06:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77