Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accuplacer "NEXT GENERATION" Math Tutor
Hi folks!  I have a friend that's going to grad school, and her university wants her to take the Accuplacer NEXT GENERATION test to get it.  She needs a Math Tutor to help her with that portion of the test, and there seems like a Million options online.  Do you know if there are any reputable online tutoring providers?  If they are familiar with this test, the better.  Thank you so much for your help!
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
Did she not take any math classes to get her undergrad degree? From what I'm seeing, it's just relatively basic math skills. I would say ASU EA College Algebra would be the way to go. But I'm partial to ALEKS.

I found this PDF that compares "classic" to "Next-Generation": https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/accu...h-2017.pdf
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-28-2021, 05:33 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Did she not take any math classes to get her undergrad degree? From what I'm seeing, it's just relatively basic math skills. I would say ASU EA College Algebra would be the way to go. But I'm partial to ALEKS.

I found this PDF that compares "classic" to "Next-Generation": https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/accu...h-2017.pdf

She's been out of college for 15 years...so while she did take the standard fare Gen Ed's, she's a little "rusty" as anyone would be....

Yes, we know the test is "basic math"...fractions, decimals etc.  Perhaps I wasn't clear...but she wants to sit down virtually with someone so that they can help walk her through this stuff and refresh her memory.
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Masters in Education Secondary Math Giantzebra 3 657 04-28-2021, 05:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  18 Easy Math Master's Credits collegehacked 7 2,571 09-08-2020, 02:37 PM
Last Post: collegehacked
  Interesting Program for Math Teachers at Boston University eriehiker 0 717 04-25-2020, 03:30 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  Heritage Institute: Math/Sci/Other $125 Grad. Credit eriehiker 15 3,841 07-06-2018, 10:49 AM
Last Post: eriehiker
  Graduate Credits 18ch Info Systems/Math smartiepants86 3 926 08-24-2016, 05:37 PM
Last Post: KayV
  Chadron State College- MEd in Math gstekis 5 1,170 07-14-2016, 11:13 AM
Last Post: gstekis
  For a friend - Masters in Math - Middle, High School, CC topdog98 2 958 12-04-2015, 12:04 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Patten MBA: how math-intensive is it? TheCommuter 9 1,501 08-01-2015, 07:36 PM
Last Post: dposborne