Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding ASNSM Biology now to BSBA GM Plan possible with more ACE credits before March?
Hi all, I'm pursuing the TESU BSBA GM degree, and I'm just wondering if I was interested in adding an ASNSM Biology to my degree plan, is it still possible now to be an applicant before 2021 hits, since TESU is now already on holiday? I'm asking about applying before 2021 because of their 45 credit non-collegiate limit. 

I'm unfamiliar with doing both an associates and bachelor at TESU so want to ask for advice.

I've already enrolled for a TECEP medical terminology for Jan 2021 for my BSBA, if I can still apply for ASNSM this month, am I able to still rush the 5 biology elective ACE courses from SDC/SL that I need for the ASNSM and send the transcript before March 2021?

Also, am I able to apply the General Education credits I already have for my BSBA towards the ASNSM, leaving only the General Biology II w/ lab and 5 biology electives to work on?
(I would go General Biology II w/lab last since that can be RA credits)

And would I have to pay the credit residency waiver twice?

Aiming for TESU BSBA-GM, ASNSM in Biology, ASNSM in Computer Science
If you add the Biology degree to your plan, I think you'd flip both the Associate's degree and the BSBA to the 2021-2022 catalog because it wasn't added before the new year. I am not aware of any catalog changes that would make this a bad thing. But it might REQUIRE you to bring in RA credits that you might not currently need to bring in.

At this point in the game, I would just leave it as-is. Work towards your BSBA and, for now, forget about the ASNSM. If it looks like you're not going to make for your BSBA, you can go back and reevaluate whether to add the Associate's degree or not.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-25-2020, 09:51 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you add the Biology degree to your plan, I think you'd flip both the Associate's degree and the BSBA to the 2021-2022 catalog because it wasn't added before the new year. I am not aware of any catalog changes that would make this a bad thing. But it might REQUIRE you to bring in RA credits that you might not currently need to bring in.

At this point in the game, I would just leave it as-is. Work towards your BSBA and, for now, forget about the ASNSM. If it looks like you're not going to make for your BSBA, you can go back and reevaluate whether to add the Associate's degree or not.

Actually, how do I add the ASNSM Biology to my degree plan? Do I apply like a new student and pay the $50, which means I can still do so now? Or do I actually need TESU to be under working hours to contact them for this approval?

(12-25-2020, 10:04 AM)elenlushk Wrote: Actually, how do I add the ASNSM Biology to my degree plan? Do I apply like a new student and pay the $50, which means I can still do so now? Or do I actually need TESU to be under working hours to contact them for this approval?

They would actually need to be open. You have to email advising and ask them to please add the ASNSM to your degree plan. It doesn't cost anything. But the logistics of doing so at the current moment are a bit complicated by both the holidays and the current policy changes going into effect.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
What if I just do those ACE courses and send them in before March to TESU? Would they be able to add those to an associate's? This catalog thing is driving me nuts so I'm a bit confused

Hmm. Good question. What I would do is wait until they reopen and then email them with "What would happen if I were to add the ASNSM Biology to my degree plan? Would that have any effect on my BSBA or my ability to bring in more than 90 credits from ACE sources?" because that is the real question right now.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(12-25-2020, 10:18 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Hmm. Good question. What I would do is wait until they reopen and then email them with "What would happen if I were to add the ASNSM Biology to my degree plan? Would that have any effect on my BSBA or my ability to bring in more than 90 credits from ACE sources?" because that is the real question right now.

Yeah that's a good question to ask.

I wonder if sending them this question by email NOW would mean I 'applied' for the additional program to my degree plan prior to Jan 1 2021?

I successfully added an ASNSM to my degree program without changing my catalog year. But certainly get a firm answer to the question first. I tend to agree with Rachel, focus primarily on finishing the BSBA. TESU seems hell bent on ‘moving the goalposts’ and delays are likely to cost you time, money and effort.
Thanks guys! I'm gonna email them now so as to show that I am asking about this before their new transfer policy is in place.

The catalog year and transfer policy are 2 separate things.

The catalog year only changes after 7/1 of each year.

The new RA credit requirement will apply to EVERYONE no matter what catalog year they're in - the only exceptions are enrolled students who are grandfathered in to being able to bring in more than 90cr of alternative credit if they transfer it before 3/1/21.

Someone wanting to add another degree should be fine, you're already grandfathered into the program.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • tallpilot

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 170 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 293 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 366 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 248 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Adding on associates? optimisticCoder3 6 392 02-23-2024, 09:58 PM
  Organizational Leadership Cert SDC transfer credits Kones 5 472 02-10-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,758 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  BACS Plan Verification mrobel 4 351 01-18-2024, 12:49 PM
Last Post: davewill
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 499 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM
Information Advice on BS CIS Degree plan SaberTronnN 17 1,265 01-12-2024, 11:12 PM