Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admissions Decision???
TheCommuter Wrote:Yep...there are MBA options that are more affordable and reputable than DeVry. Wayne State College (not to be confused with Wayne State University) offers a totally online MBA for $281 per credit hour. You can earn the degree from Wayne State for less than $10,000 total with the solid reputation of a regional state college. Also look into Peru State College's online MBA. The last time I looked, it cost less than $300 per credit.

Another cheap MBA option is Amberton University. There's also Eastern New Mexico University's MBA program which costs $235/credit.

You list ENMU last, but you are also a student. How do you rank it, as far as reputation goes, vs. the others you listed?
futuremrsmlb Wrote:So I figured if I obtained my MBA from a well known university it would remove some of the stigma? Is it logic to think that?
Most of the schools I mentioned in my previous post (e.g. Wayne State College, Eastern New Mexico University, Peru State College) are obscure regional state universities that do not have a widespread online presence. An employer who saw these schools on your resume would have no way of knowing you didn't plop your butt in a physical classroom.

On the other hand, the investor-owned schools (Kaplan, DeVry, ITT Tech, University of Phoenix, Walden, etc.) are not viewed favorably by all employers. Many recruiters and hiring managers who see these schools listed on your employment application will assume you completed the degree requirements online. This is just a fact of life.
• Master of Science in Nursing - Eastern New Mexico University (in progress)
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Western Governors University (3/2015)
• Associate of Science in Nursing - Platt College (3/2010)
• Diploma of Vocational Nursing - Casa Loma College (10/2005)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• Professional licensure: LPN/LVN (1/2006); RN (5/2010)
• 16 brick & mortar credits from Oxnard College (2000 to 2001)
• 38 brick & mortar credits from Tarrant County College (2006 to 2008)
DBRENNAN118 Wrote:You list ENMU last, but you are also a student. How do you rank it, as far as reputation goes, vs. the others you listed?
ENMU is relatively unknown...few people outside of New Mexico and West Texas have even heard of the school. IMHO, it is an obscure regional state university with a 'neutral' reputation. However, I am pleased with the education I've received there so far.
• Master of Science in Nursing - Eastern New Mexico University (in progress)
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Western Governors University (3/2015)
• Associate of Science in Nursing - Platt College (3/2010)
• Diploma of Vocational Nursing - Casa Loma College (10/2005)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• Professional licensure: LPN/LVN (1/2006); RN (5/2010)
• 16 brick & mortar credits from Oxnard College (2000 to 2001)
• 38 brick & mortar credits from Tarrant County College (2006 to 2008)
TheCommuter Wrote:ENMU is relatively unknown...few people outside of New Mexico and West Texas have even heard of the school. IMHO, it is an obscure regional state university with a 'neutral' reputation. However, I am pleased with the education I've received there so far.

Thanks. I've been researching a lot, and ENMU is on my short list.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here is where I am now with my graduate school decision.. Vle045 39 4,128 06-26-2021, 06:47 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Harvard Extension Admissions/Poetry In America mog538 10 2,844 04-08-2020, 09:37 PM
Last Post: mog538
  For Harvard Extension School, do you take the admissions requirement courses first? leland.kirk 37 7,843 07-09-2018, 01:32 AM
Last Post: FilMor
  Hodges University - Admissions Counselor scoriae 3 1,557 01-11-2018, 11:41 PM
Last Post: scoriae
  Transcripts and admissions question Test-o-matic 11 2,131 10-13-2016, 09:32 AM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Grad school admissions ACE transcript consolidation? Decius73 5 1,508 01-21-2016, 10:18 PM
Last Post: cookderosa