Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admissions/Transcript issues *ugh*
I went through something VERY similar. Actually put up with it for THREE MONTHS before I just said, you know what? Forget it. If enrolling is this much of a pain in the ass, I don't want to see how frustrating attending is. Chalked it up to a 'sign' and applied to a different school. I'm further along with the new application/enrollment after a week than I was in almost four months with the other school.
Current Degree Programs:
MA in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - GSU - April 2025
M.Ed in Elementary Education - UoPeople - December 2026
Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion (Higher Education) - UCA
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

(07-16-2021, 11:34 PM)bjcheung7 Wrote: Wow, I didn't know he retired.  It's been that long, I remember applying to COSC and Excelsior before I applied to TESU.  Bob was amazing answering my emails in regards to many questions I had...

I know!  I had like three false starts in going back to finish my degree, and COSC was the (only) school I had been seriously considering.  On two of the false starts, I was assigned to someone (won't mention their name) at COSC who was consistently non-responsive or very slow in responding, or unavailable.  This person always seemed to have some excuse why responses were not forthcoming.  That's how I ended up with Bob.  And he was absolutely awesome in giving clear and detailed answers.

This most recent round, I got assigned to the non-responsive person yet again, who, once again, didn't respond... and so I emailed the new admissions director, asking for help. She was kind enough to reassign me to Shawn Halliday.  He was super amazing, helpful quick to respond.

COSC is one of those schools I feel like there is so much possibility for. They could be an enormous powerhouse in the field like Edison or Excelsior. But they just seem to have a bunch of inexplicably difficult and restrictive rules, they don't accept a lot of things the others do... and it simply makes no sense.
(07-17-2021, 02:10 PM)TINASAM Wrote: I went through something VERY similar. Actually put up with it for THREE MONTHS before I just said, you know what? Forget it. If enrolling is this much of a pain in the ass, I don't want to see how frustrating attending is. Chalked it up to a 'sign' and applied to a different school. I'm further along with the new application/enrollment after a week than I was in almost four months with the other school.

That was my first thought as well.  If it's this difficult to enroll (their chance to "sell" the school), it must be torture once you're in!

That's probably the direction I'd go with this guy - tell him "you know, if you're making it difficult to even apply, I'm not sure I really want to be a student at this school" and see what happens.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 3 419 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU CIS-194 Transcript vesparza15 3 581 10-13-2023, 10:47 AM
Last Post: vesparza15
  Legacy Admissions with Anti-Semitic History Challenged sanantone 2 516 07-04-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Supreme Court outlaws RACE as a factor in college admissions in ruling LevelUP 3 471 06-30-2023, 10:11 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  International Transcript Evaluation bradonomics 14 1,289 06-27-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  The newest college admissions ploy Alpha 0 405 06-01-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  Why It's Time for Legacy College Admissions to Go LevelUP 0 373 05-09-2023, 09:15 AM
  Why Those Super Low College Admissions Rates Can Be Misleading LevelUP 0 726 04-25-2023, 05:54 PM
  Lost transcript mlohjj 13 1,244 11-15-2022, 02:01 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Majority Support Banning the Consideration of Race During College Admissions: Poll LevelUP 18 1,474 10-25-2022, 10:14 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret