Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASU BIO100 for 3E - Confirmed
Hi everyone,
Just to let you all know that I received confirmation from the UMPI Transfer Officer at the Registrar's Office that the ASU BIO100-The Living World course, which also includes a lab, will satisfy 3C & 3E. Next ASU BIO 100 session starts on January 10, 2023. It's $25 + $400 if you pass. No proctoring.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jojorr's post:
  • Pikachu, rachel83az, ss20ts, upgrayedd
So, for those who don't want to take the BIO with lab at Study.com, this would work. It's still almost twice the cost of Study.com though, but this is graded plus has the RA credits for those who need/want them.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-07-2022, 07:53 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: So, for those who don't want to take the BIO with lab at Study.com, this would work.  It's still almost twice the cost of Study.com though, but this is graded plus has the RA credits for those who need/want them.
As per the ASU course description, it looks like the course is set up in an interactive guided game-like format. It is estimated at an 8-week completion time. The cost would also be justified for those that find Study.com material too dense or difficult to tackle and complete in just one month. One limitation, however, noted in the fact sheet is that some modules require that the computer has good graphics hardware and stable internet since the content is very graphically intensive.
I just started SDC Bio101 and wondering what the lab is like. What exactly do you have to do, what topic, etc. Is it just one thing, or multiple labs like the chapters?
(11-07-2022, 11:49 PM)upgrayedd Wrote: I just started SDC Bio101 and wondering what the lab is like. What exactly do you have to do, what topic, etc. Is it just one thing, or multiple labs like the chapters?

there are 10 labs. The format is kind of like a game and they are pretty easy. You get three tries per lab and they grade you based on the highest score. 

Study.com says what topics the labs cover.
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
[-] The following 2 users Like acethroughcollege's post:
  • Pikachu, upgrayedd
Basically, you have a few virtual labs to do through 'Labster', it's another subscription for $69 now, previously it was just $40 and then they increased it to $50, now it's $69.  Here's the page with details of the labs required and more info from the Study.com webpage can be reviewed as well: https://study.com/academy/lesson/biology...ation.html
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu, upgrayedd

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally... Brightspace Confirmed for Fall 1 origamishuttle 17 1,767 07-31-2023, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Billiejo113