Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice
Hello to all. I am a new member of IC and was hoping to get some valuable advice. Unfortunately, I put myself in an unenviable position that requires me to obtain 12 credits within the next two weeks. Listed below are the CLEP exams I am studying for, and in the order I believe I should be taking them, but I'm not sure if this is the "right/optimum" order:

Psychology, Intro - 3 credits
Sociology, Intro - 3 credits
Human Growth & Development - 3 credits
Social Sciences & History - 6 credits

Any advice would be very helpful. Thanks.
I would personally try the 6 credit social sciences and history first, it wasn't that bad. I am assuming it's the Clep General right. The rest of your order is fine. There is plenty of spill over from the other subjects.
-HB
Working On:
NOTHING!!!!
Finished: Graduated BSL 15 Feb 08, Waiting on the USPS to deliver the cert.

[SIZE="2"]Passed:
All Clep Generals (Except Math)
ECE Composition,Clep Intro to Soc,DSST Human Cult Geography,World Conflict,HRM,World Pop,Ethics,ECE Research Methods in Psych,Abnormal Psych,
DSST Technical Writing, Intro World Religions,
MIS,Drugs and Alcohol, R+F USSR,Intro to Computers,Civil War,Criminal Justice,B. Math
Environment+Humanity,Info Systems+Comp Apps, CLEP- US History 1+2,Ana. Lit, DSST- Intro to Buisness [/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]I would add CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (6 credits) without hesitation.

Now both Soc & Psych together will give you the other 6 you need, however they are 2 different exams and will require some study.

As an alternative you may also consider CLEP Humanities (6 credits) which in some ways mirrors A&I Lit.

Good Luck!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Sociology, Psych, and HG&D are all not too bad. I would take them in that order. Studying for them will also give you a headstart on Social Sciences & History if you choose to take that...
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
Brian, are you saying that A&I Literature does not require much study? I am curious, because after I (hopefully) pass Ed. Psych, I am going to take Humanities and A&I Literature. I am petrified of both, since they are each 6 credit exams. Humanities scares me the most, but A&I Lit is a close second...
Machelle

HG&D - 62
Ed. Psych - 57
Humanities - 59
A&I Literature - 59
Here's To Your Health - 59
Fund. of Counseling - 49
Criminal Justice - 55
Intro to Law Enforcement - 51
Machelle Wrote:Brian, are you saying that A&I Literature does not require much study? I am curious, because after I (hopefully) pass Ed. Psych, I am going to take Humanities and A&I Literature. I am petrified of both, since they are each 6 credit exams. Humanities scares me the most, but A&I Lit is a close second...

[SIZE="2"]In essence, A&I Lit requires you read a poem or passage and then answer the questions about meanings - that's it. Of course there is more to it, however the bulk of it comes from your ability to read a passage and figure out what it means. Good Luck![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
Machelle Wrote:Brian, are you saying that A&I Literature does not require much study? I am curious, because after I (hopefully) pass Ed. Psych, I am going to take Humanities and A&I Literature. I am petrified of both, since they are each 6 credit exams. Humanities scares me the most, but A&I Lit is a close second...
Hi Machelle-
I just took Analyzing & Interpreting Literature last Thursday and passed. If you consider yourself a reader, that is you like to read, then this shouldn't be too hard to pass. Familiarize yourself with basic literary terms and go with your gut feeling about how the passage makes you feel. My test was the hardest for me at the beginning and seemed to get easier as I want along, or else I just got more into the feel of it. Don't linger too long on a question and watch your time. If you have time to go back and review, just as others have posted, the right answer seems to jump right out at you.

On the Humanities note, that was the one test that I was most apprehensive about taking. I am not good at memorization at all and I studied a long time and passed. Once I started the test, it want well, so this test is quite doable. I didn't leave this test for the end in case I didn't pass. I wanted to have plenty of time to retake it so it didn't hold me up to graduate.
Dawn
Taking the Road Less Traveled
The Journey of A Thousand Miles Starts with The First CLEP

BS-Psychology - Excelsior College
Enrolled in the School of Business, BS in Accounting
After MIS I'll be halfway there!
72 CLEP Credits, 21 DSST Credits, 25 ECE Credits (Including Inf Lit), 6 TESC Credits, 2 FEMA Credits = 126 Total
Withholding 6 Credits for Accounting = 120 for Psychology
12 credits completed toward my accounting degree
Wow, thanks for the encouragement! It sounds like I'll be fine. I just found my copy of the CLEP Official Study Guide. I'm sure going through that should be some sort of indication of how I'll do on the exam.
Machelle

HG&D - 62
Ed. Psych - 57
Humanities - 59
A&I Literature - 59
Here's To Your Health - 59
Fund. of Counseling - 49
Criminal Justice - 55
Intro to Law Enforcement - 51
venturap Wrote:Unfortunately, I put myself in an unenviable position that requires me to obtain 12 credits within the next two weeks. .

[SIZE="3"]I forgot to ask...........WHY??[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA

sho......the answer to the question WHY??? is because I needed an additional12 credits to be accepted into an Adult College Degree Program. I listened to your advice and took the A&I Literature CLEP (passed). I also took the Psychology, Intro CLEP and passed. That makes it 9 credits earned with 3 remaining. I am anticipating taking the Sociology, Intro or HG&D CLEP by Tuesday of next week. This will complete my quest for now! Smile
Thanks for the advice Sho........and to all that replied........

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 666 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Burnout advice anewmanx 13 2,592 11-18-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
Question Seeking advice - should I switch degrees? impasta 15 3,216 06-09-2023, 02:00 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Nutrition & Fitness - degree advice lumina 10 1,045 01-23-2023, 02:08 PM
Last Post: lumina
  Need advice to get either 30 credits and be registered at a school or 60 suzycupcake 20 2,010 06-18-2022, 10:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Warren Buffett Has 1 Key Piece of Career Advice for College Kids LevelUP 2 705 03-08-2022, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Any Project Managers on this board? Seeking advice collegechick 3 973 12-21-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: ashkir
Question Is an Ivy-League Nursing school even worth it? Plus I need some advice too 2L8 25 5,744 09-19-2021, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Alpha
Star TESU or WGU? Advice needed, Ground 0, want to be as realistic as possible! OP88 15 4,173 05-29-2021, 12:36 PM
Last Post: OP88
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,266 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007