Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on Choosing a Degree Program
Hello everyone!

I found out that I can test out of a degree within a year or less and I need help figuring out which degree program is best for me before I commit to it. I already tested out of CLEP College Composition, CLEP Humanities, CLEP U.S. History II, and CLEP Western Civilization II. My goal is to complete my college degree as fast as possible so I do not fall behind in life and will be able to leave the U.S. as I got a job offer and any regionally accredited bachelor's degree in any subject is all of what I need. I have an interest in history, is the TESU degree in history very hard? How long would it take for me to get a bachelor's degree from TESU? I am considering the finance degree but the history one seems to be easier. How do you guys guy recommend I choose a degree program and what time table can you give me for completion?
I don't think the history degree is easier, unless you're just better at history. At this point in life, I only throw out 1 degree plan, so hopefully someone else will have a degree plan for you.

Mine will mostly work for the Gen Ed portion, they will take an easier math, no stats needed, 3cr additional in Knowledge of Human Cultures, and 27cr of Free electives instead of 6.

Good luck.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
The timetable depends entirely on your ability to do the work and finish courses and the time available. What one person can do in one year, another might need two or more years. If you like history courses, that might be fast for you. If you have a lot of business experience, then the BSBA might be faster. A lot of people think liberal studies is the fastest because there are so many choices for courses.

I think you should pick the degree that will do the most for your future goals, then do the work to make it happen. If it's the right degree for you, then you should be able to move through it relatively quickly.

Nobody can just give you a timetable. They can only tell you their own experience.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I never tell people how long this will take to do, because it's impossible to do so. I won't even tell someone how long it will take them to do a course or study for an exam. Many people will come on here and say it can be done in X amount of time, because that's how long it took THEM to do it. That will not apply to you in any way. It totally depends on your own personal circumstances and motivation.

The only way to know how long it will take is to start knocking out credits. The faster you knock them out, the faster you can get your degree. But it's pretty easy to get started (I think you already have with the CLEP's) and build on that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,153 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  choosing not to tansfer a course homeschoolmom1 9 2,922 09-12-2018, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,275 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,618 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,778 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,751 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,939 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,303 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,653 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero