Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU
I just got a promotional email from TESU about how transfer credits apply toward one's degree. Could someone help me understand if it signifies a change in their policy? It says the following:

BA LS: Accepts up to 27 credits in free electives and enables students to apply the widest variety of transfer credits to area of study requirements. 

BSBA (GM): Students can apply a broad range of transfer credits to area of study requirements, which can accommodate multiple business disciplines. 

BS (Tech. Studies): Accepts up to 15 credits in free electives and enables students to apply a wide variety of transfer credits to area of study requirements, which can accommodate different technical disciplines.
(09-14-2018, 04:31 AM)Supermind Wrote: I just got a promotional email from TESU about how transfer credits apply toward one's degree. Could someone help me understand if it signifies a change in their policy? It says the following:

BA LS: Accepts up to 27 credits in free electives and enables students to apply the widest variety of transfer credits to area of study requirements. 

BSBA (GM): Students can apply a broad range of transfer credits to area of study requirements, which can accommodate multiple business disciplines. 

BS (Tech. Studies): Accepts up to 15 credits in free electives and enables students to apply a wide variety of transfer credits to area of study requirements, which can accommodate different technical disciplines.

I see nothing out of the ordinary... or at least the numbers they are using matches with what is shown in the current catalog.

I think they are just trying to say that you can transfer credits towards your degree, and even if they don't fit into your AOS, they can be used as free electives in the BALS (27cr) and BSTS (15cr).

As for the BSBA comment, I think they are saying that while you don't have as many free electives (only 6cr for BSBA) additional courses may fit into other AOS areas -- this would be targeting people interested in a degree with multiple areas of study.

In any case, it doesn't appear to be saying anything unusual.
Goal: BSBA-CIS and ASNSM-CS from TESU by March 2019. (May add BSBA-HR/OM AOS if I end up bumping to June.)

PROGRESS SO FAR (100.66 Cr):
  • B&M CC: American Govt & Inst, Intro to Computing, Intro Astronomy w/Lab [quarter-units]
  • CLEP/DSST: Info Systems (80), A&I Literature (76), Principles of Marketing (75), Management Info Systems (467)
  • ALEKS: College Algebra, Trigonometry, Intro Statistics
  • The Institutes: Ethics 312
  • Sophia.org: Developing Effective Teams, Essentials of Managing Conflict
  • StraighterLine: English Comp I, C++ Programming, Cultural Anthropology, Principles of Management, Intro to Religion, Business Law
  • Study.com: Personal Finance, Presentation Skills, Information Literacy, International Business, Micro & Macroeconomics, Intro Psychology, Human Growth & Development, Social Psychology, Intro Sociology, College Comp II, Business Comm, Principles of Finance, Accounting 101 (in progress)
  • TEEX: Cybersecurity 101/201/301
Nope, nothing changed.
TESU BSBA in HR, 2018
WVNCC BOG AAS,
GGU Cert in Management, 2000

EXAMS: TECEP Tech Writg, Engl Comp 2, LA Math, Public Rel, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int Alg, Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
B&M COURSESPalomar CollMission Coll, Golden Gate Univ, San Jose State Univ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plan check and advice (TESU) tobyisking 17 430 3 hours ago
Last Post: tobyisking
  TESU September grads Cheeseburrito 11 401 7 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ENG-209, ENG-216 TESU zzzz24 2 85 11 hours ago
Last Post: zzzz24
  GED College Ready + Credit Supermind 11 273 Yesterday, 12:43 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 179 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  CLEP Info Systems count as Science TESU? mysonx3 4 92 09-22-2018, 11:14 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU / Study.com Jimmy999 11 567 09-22-2018, 05:23 PM
Last Post: zzzz24
Question New here - Looking to upgrade to a degree (Canadian resident) zzzz24 63 1,640 09-21-2018, 11:30 AM
Last Post: jsd
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 251 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 296 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: jjsafari