Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU
I just got a promotional email from TESU about how transfer credits apply toward one's degree. Could someone help me understand if it signifies a change in their policy? It says the following:

BA LS: Accepts up to 27 credits in free electives and enables students to apply the widest variety of transfer credits to area of study requirements. 

BSBA (GM): Students can apply a broad range of transfer credits to area of study requirements, which can accommodate multiple business disciplines. 

BS (Tech. Studies): Accepts up to 15 credits in free electives and enables students to apply a wide variety of transfer credits to area of study requirements, which can accommodate different technical disciplines.
(09-14-2018, 04:31 AM)Supermind Wrote: I just got a promotional email from TESU about how transfer credits apply toward one's degree. Could someone help me understand if it signifies a change in their policy? It says the following:

BA LS: Accepts up to 27 credits in free electives and enables students to apply the widest variety of transfer credits to area of study requirements. 

BSBA (GM): Students can apply a broad range of transfer credits to area of study requirements, which can accommodate multiple business disciplines. 

BS (Tech. Studies): Accepts up to 15 credits in free electives and enables students to apply a wide variety of transfer credits to area of study requirements, which can accommodate different technical disciplines.

I see nothing out of the ordinary... or at least the numbers they are using matches with what is shown in the current catalog.

I think they are just trying to say that you can transfer credits towards your degree, and even if they don't fit into your AOS, they can be used as free electives in the BALS (27cr) and BSTS (15cr).

As for the BSBA comment, I think they are saying that while you don't have as many free electives (only 6cr for BSBA) additional courses may fit into other AOS areas -- this would be targeting people interested in a degree with multiple areas of study.

In any case, it doesn't appear to be saying anything unusual.
In Progress: MBA in IT Management, Western Governors University (19/35cu | Sep 2019)
Up Next: Perhaps an MSCS or a DBA/DM/Ph.D.

Complete:
BSBA in Computer Information Systems, 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM in Computer Science, 2019, Thomas Edison State University

B&M CC: 8.68cr, TESU: 3cr, CLEP/DSST: 15cr, Study.com: 57cr, Straighterline: 19cr, ALEKS: 9cr, TEEX: 6cr, The Institutes: 2cr, Sophia: 2cr
(121.68 credits total. 95 credits earned in 10 months, with 45 of those earned in ~3 months)
Nope, nothing changed.
TESU BSBA in HR, 2018
WVNCC BOG AAS,
GGU Cert in Management, 2000

EXAMS: TECEP Tech Writg, Engl Comp 2, LA Math, Public Rel, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int Alg, Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
B&M COURSESPalomar CollMission Coll, Golden Gate Univ, San Jose State Univ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior Degree Plan - questions on UL credit sources EducationSeeker 11 243 17 minutes ago
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  TESU BSBA tpell1219 6 143 53 minutes ago
Last Post: natshar
  TESU Residency Waiver question scout2family 2 84 2 hours ago
Last Post: scout2family
  TESU BSBA UL requirements jthatcher50 0 41 5 hours ago
Last Post: jthatcher50
  My Journey: BA in English from TESU Ideas 115 9,191 Today, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Ideas
  Keep an eye on Capstone registration dates—TESU seems to change them pws 0 68 Yesterday, 08:33 PM
Last Post: pws
  TESU Liberal Arts Capstone - Creative Project badooble 0 63 Yesterday, 01:49 PM
Last Post: badooble
  TESU BALS - UL courses recommendation spoilt999 12 239 Yesterday, 02:35 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  TESU BALS vs BALS: GM Concentration suzycupcake 4 141 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Capstone full? pws 5 198 06-23-2019, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Merlin