Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU
I just got a promotional email from TESU about how transfer credits apply toward one's degree. Could someone help me understand if it signifies a change in their policy? It says the following:

BA LS: Accepts up to 27 credits in free electives and enables students to apply the widest variety of transfer credits to area of study requirements. 

BSBA (GM): Students can apply a broad range of transfer credits to area of study requirements, which can accommodate multiple business disciplines. 

BS (Tech. Studies): Accepts up to 15 credits in free electives and enables students to apply a wide variety of transfer credits to area of study requirements, which can accommodate different technical disciplines.
(09-14-2018, 04:31 AM)Supermind Wrote: I just got a promotional email from TESU about how transfer credits apply toward one's degree. Could someone help me understand if it signifies a change in their policy? It says the following:

BA LS: Accepts up to 27 credits in free electives and enables students to apply the widest variety of transfer credits to area of study requirements. 

BSBA (GM): Students can apply a broad range of transfer credits to area of study requirements, which can accommodate multiple business disciplines. 

BS (Tech. Studies): Accepts up to 15 credits in free electives and enables students to apply a wide variety of transfer credits to area of study requirements, which can accommodate different technical disciplines.

I see nothing out of the ordinary... or at least the numbers they are using matches with what is shown in the current catalog.

I think they are just trying to say that you can transfer credits towards your degree, and even if they don't fit into your AOS, they can be used as free electives in the BALS (27cr) and BSTS (15cr).

As for the BSBA comment, I think they are saying that while you don't have as many free electives (only 6cr for BSBA) additional courses may fit into other AOS areas -- this would be targeting people interested in a degree with multiple areas of study.

In any case, it doesn't appear to be saying anything unusual.
Working On: Strategic Management/BSBA Capstone (BUS421-OL010 @ TESU) [Nov '18 term]
Up Next: MBA ITM and/or MSML @ WGU; also considering OMSCS @ GA Tech or PhD @ EBS Heriot-Watt

BSBA in Computer Information Systems @ TESU (118.68 of 120 SH done, graduate March 2019)
ASNSM in Computer Science @ TESU (complete, graduate March 2019)

B&M: 8.68cr, CLEP/DSST: 15cr, Study.com: 57cr, Straighterline: 19cr, ALEKS: 9cr, TEEX: 6cr, The Institutes: 2cr, Sophia: 2cr
(Earned 92 credits over 10 months, Jan-Oct '18)
Nope, nothing changed.
TESU BSBA in HR, 2018
WVNCC BOG AAS,
GGU Cert in Management, 2000

EXAMS: TECEP Tech Writg, Engl Comp 2, LA Math, Public Rel, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int Alg, Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
B&M COURSESPalomar CollMission Coll, Golden Gate Univ, San Jose State Univ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about Technical Writing at TESU originalamyj 8 975 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: pws
  TESU LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone Course vetvso 22 785 4 minutes ago
Last Post: Supermind
  TESU dialed in plan coldseal 16 216 1 hour ago
Last Post: coldseal
  COSC - No CLEP/All Online BSBA Degree Transcript elbebopkid 2 62 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU: MS Data Science and Analytics poneill 12 187 2 hours ago
Last Post: sanantone
  TESU waiver fee, as of 11/2018? pws 2 127 3 hours ago
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BA in English after Shmoop pws 6 211 3 hours ago