Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Age difference in dating
WOO HOO Johann! Women are supposedly supposed to reach their sexual peak at 40…so you rock on!
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]
I can tell you are bothered by your 40 something friends "grossy gross" relationship with a 26 year old. But I have to agree with AlbaTivo's take that if you want to keep your friend…you are going to have to keep out of his personal business (stuff like who he falls in love with). Sure, you know better (and I suspect many of us on here know too) that it's probably infatuation more than love. But then again you never know! If you dog on him for being gross and acting like a love dummy spending money left and right on crazy trips to woo her…you might just draw them both closer together and it sounds like you are in the 'no way in hell this is going to work out' camp, right? It sounds like you are concerned he's going to blow all his money and get hurt (when I read this section)…So I do think a large part of you is a truly good friend and not just someone that's only jealous of their seemingly less attractive friend??? Yet, I also think you ARE a little jealous. My advice is what I told my Mom to do when she was dogging on my brother for the very same habits (My brother was dating 19 year olds when he was 35). Take a step back. My Mom didn't like some of these girls because they were... well…dippy and not mature. Most people are at 19 years of age. My brother saw himself as these young girls father figure and savior. He still has this tendency. Maybe your friend does too? If he does, you might want to mention that part to him (out of true concern if that rings true).

To make a long story short, my brother dated several girls younger than he was. They all had one thing in common…as soon as they "came into their own"…they didn't need my brother anymore and found him bossy and overbearing. Actually he kinds of IS! My brother would get a broken heart and the girls would have had all his time and attention, then they would move directly into another relationship with someone closer to their age. To make matters worse, they all often married these younger new boyfriends. My advice is to stay out of it. Be very neutral if he asks your your opinion about her. You can share with him your concern for his feelings being hurt, his wallet being empty or how he might feel once she comes into her own. If it continues to drive you nuts. But leave it at that…and let it be. If he's truly in love... nothing will stop him. If she/he does move on, he'll need a good friend to help him recover. If she turns out to be in love with him…well you might just be able to have your friendship continue nicely with your friend ….and add on a super hot new 20 something lady to your repertoire of close friends Big Grin

That's my take on the situation Big Grin
T

taylor Wrote:One of my friends in his 40's like me is dating a 26 year old. The age gap seems a bit much imo. Also my friend looks his age not someone like myself who could pull off that he's in his 30's lol. He looks like her uncle and when they show PDA it's like my 9 year old would say "GROSSY GROSS". My friends and I are stunned and of course a bit jealous that a chump like him can date a young hot girl. They have nothing in common she's young and hot and he's old and not. Yeah I know with friends like me he doesn't need enemies but he'll thank me later. Recently he's been jet setting across the US and internationally too on these extravagant excursions with her and he's not rich. And to top it off now he's talking about marriage. I feel like slapping him in the face like Cher did to Nicholas Cage in Moonstruck and tell him to "Snap out of it!".
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]
Getiton1 Wrote:WOO HOO Johann! Women are supposedly supposed to reach their sexual peak at 40…so you rock on!

I thought women reached their sexual peak at 30 or 31. Oh, it doesn't matter because before 35 is the optimal age to have children. Recent research has found that fertility starts dropping at 27! I've heard that men reach their sexual peak at 17.

Be prepared because this might get very offensive, but I'm always suspicious when I see a young man with a much older woman. I'm talking about 10+ years. These are the things I've seen with these types of couples among celebrities and in real life.

1. The man is either a con artist or sugar baby.

2. The man is gay and just chose anybody to be his beard (slang for cover).

3. There is something wrong with the man that makes him undesirable to women his age.

4. He has mommy issues.

5. He eventually gets bored with the woman or stops being attracted to her and cheats.

It's amazing how many women can be completely oblivious to all of the signs that their man is gay. There was a guy I dated who I could tell was gay after a couple of weeks. I asked him about his sexuality, and he admitted to having slept with men. I also scored 85% on a gaydar test. I've developed this skill for survival. Ending up with a Ted Haggard or Eddie Long would be a nightmare.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the difference between College and University (USA) Personherebb9 8 1,314 12-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Doing research that makes a difference sanantone 5 1,133 02-27-2016, 05:00 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Dating a Wimp sanantone 27 2,586 09-24-2014, 04:07 PM
Last Post: indivinefavor