Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aleks Excelsior math requirement
Has anyone recently had Excelsior accept College Algebra done through Aleks.com as meeting the math requirement for a Liberal Arts degree? I've already completed it and they can't guarantee they'll accept it without me enrolling first. Its recommended through ACE but I don't want to waste my time if they won't accept it and TESU and CO will.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kelsadee's post:
  • ROYISAGIRL
(02-18-2020, 03:58 PM)Kelsadee Wrote: Has anyone recently had Excelsior accept College Algebra done through Aleks.com as meeting the math requirement for a Liberal Arts degree? I've already completed it and they can't guarantee they'll accept it without me enrolling first. Its recommended through ACE but I don't want to waste my time if they won't accept it and TESU and CO will.
They took it for me.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • Kelsadee
does anyone know which Sophia course (free currently) would be best to take for the Excelsior associates requirement?
I have ALEKS courses on my transcript, TESU took all that I took (back in 2011 and 2015). Including College Algebra for my BSBA.

They will give you this answer for everything you take, so you're better off not asking them - just come here and do your research, we have more info.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Joer, Um, if you're looking for Sophia since it's free... you have an amazing amount of options as, they all apply to the Associates. Your easiest one would be the Foundations of College Algebra or the Foundations of Statistics - these come in as math courses and can be used for the math requirement as well. As I mentioned on the other thread, do as much as you can with Sophia, there is "no overlap" with your courses you have completed, then take them.

I would take them instead of Onlinedegree.com courses that you mentioned in the thread, unless it's not offered, always choose courses from ACE vs NCCRS if there is a comparable course, ACE has a registry for your courses, NCCRS doesn't so if Onlinedegree goes away, so does your credits... "Get everything that applies to your degree, since it's free, Excelsior doesn't have that limit from one provider"
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-18-2020, 03:58 PM)Kelsadee Wrote: I've already completed it and they can't guarantee they'll accept it without me enrolling first. Its recommended through ACE but I don't want to waste my time if they won't accept it and TESU and CO will.

Point.  No school in the world will guarantee credit without the student enrolling.  Things change but once a school grants credit they normally live with it.  Guaranteeing credit to the general public would become a "he said-she said."  Unless you enroll they have no idea who you are and simply don't care.
(04-01-2020, 12:24 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Joer, Um, if you're looking for Sophia since it's free... you have an amazing amount of options as, they all apply to the Associates.  Your easiest one would be the Foundations of College Algebra or the Foundations of Statistics - these come in as math courses and can be used for the math requirement as well.   As I mentioned on the other thread, do as much as you can with Sophia, there is "no overlap" with your courses you have completed, then take them.  

I would take them instead of Onlinedegree.com courses that you mentioned in the thread, unless it's not offered, always choose courses from ACE vs NCCRS if there is a comparable course, ACE has a registry for your courses, NCCRS doesn't so if Onlinedegree goes away, so does your credits... "Get everything that applies to your degree, since it's free, Excelsior doesn't have that limit from one provider"

Excelsior doesn't have that limit from one provider"

So, EC does NOT have a limit from a specific provider, such as Sophia?  Thanks.
(05-31-2022, 10:41 AM)hoffdeb Wrote: Excelsior doesn't have that limit from one provider"

So, EC does NOT have a limit from a specific provider, such as Sophia?  Thanks.

You're welcome, they only have limits like every other school - Nursing only allows 25%
Link: https://www.excelsior.edu/policy/non-col...of-credit/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 529 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 1,016 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,732 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,774 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,401 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,371 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,143 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Excelsior Capstone Risa 6 1,843 04-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: new2this
  Finally Graduating from Excelsior University new2this 4 1,308 04-29-2023, 12:46 AM
  English Comp Excelsior Sophia joer 17 5,371 04-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az