Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annoyed with my Job
I really appreciate all of the sound advice here.
Just to add:

*I would never leave a job before securing another.
*Just as one poster stated, the best time to find a job is while being employed.
*Delegating tasks that are delegated to me is not an option.
*I enjoy my job, it's the people that seem to be the issue. There is a severe lack of responsibility and accountability within the organization.
*Everyone looks for anybody to do something and when nothing is done, everybody blames somebody else. (this grinds my gears)
*I started working with the company with really high hopes of making a difference and encouraging CHANGE; this organization is RESISTANT to change even if it saves on cost, time, resources..ect. The culture is along the lines of "do it this way because it's always been done this way."

Doing things out of the norm really confuses these people. New and different thinking is not appreciated. I am being stifled, my growth is stunted here....I could go on but I think you get the point.
futuremrsmlb Wrote:I really appreciate all of the sound advice here.
Just to add:

*Just as one poster stated, the best time to find a job is while being employed.
*I enjoy my job, it's the people I that seem to be the issue. There is a severe lack of responsibility and accountability within the organization.
*Everyone looks for anybody to do something and when nothing is done, everybody blames somebody else. (this grinds my gears)
*I started working with the company with really high hopes of making a difference and encouraging CHANGE; this organization is RESISTANT to change even if it saves on cost, time, resources..ect. The culture is along the lines of "do it this way because it's always been done this way."

Doing things out of the norm really confuses these people. New and different thinking is not appreciated. I am being stifled, my growth is stunted here....I could go on but I think you get the point.

Sounds like a sucky place to work, I would look elsewhere.

And I agree, delegating is not always an option. I have had plenty of jobs where I was delegated to, not a person who could do the delegating. Luckily, I'm pretty good at saying no when I need to - I'm willing to work hard (actually I enjoy that), but I balk at getting taken advantage of, and I try never to be unrecognized as someone who is doing more than their share. I will do a lot of extra stuff, without getting extra pay, for kudos. But when a company doesn't see this, it's just not worth being there.

I think a job search is due...
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
After working for the past 20 years, I've learned that some people will give difficult projects to the ones they know will do the job right the first time and on-time. On one end of the spectrum, it's a compliment that work of this level is entrusted to you. However, there does come a time when you feel taken advantage of. Obviously, you're there now. Lessons should be learned from this, or else the same thing can very well happen in your next job. This is not a rare occurrence...it happens in many workplaces.

My advice: learn how to recognize it and confront it appropriately in the early stages...or it's going to fester into something bigger...like it's happening to you now.

Good luck!
2017...Finished Bachelor's General Management at TESU. 
I don't have much to add except that it's rare for your job environment to get better on its own. The right move is almost always to leave rather than try to work it out or wait it out.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
futuremrsmlb Wrote:I really appreciate all of the sound advice here.
Just to add:

*I enjoy my job, it's the people that seem to be the issue. There is a severe lack of responsibility and accountability within the organization.

Everything you listed sounds just like the company I was working for. They were very resistant to change. I really got fed up with all the B.S. I witnessed on a weekly, monthly, yearly basis, and this was my prime motivation for finishing my degree. So I could branch out, and explore other options.

There seems to be a lot of companies these days that care more about the bottom line than being loyal to there employees, which quite frankly is sad, ignorant, and really hurts anyone who thinks that they can work their way up from the bottom without having to brown-nose and kiss butt to management.

My next job will be an organization that is open to change and feedback. If company doesn't meet my criteria, then I won't pull the trigger. To many companies just want to take advantage of those that need a job to pay the bills or are in debt. I won't be a slave to the idea of corporate america anymore. I do believe there are a few good companies left that will be a good fit, just stay positive and keep grinding.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kind of annoyed that professor won't let semester end. soliloquy 12 1,562 12-20-2015, 10:28 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Annoyed! STG 8 1,363 07-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Last Post: STG
  I am annoyed! - rant mom2LLL 17 3,846 08-30-2006, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Urbannaja