Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Excel wizards?
Almost four hours of searching and tweaking and my spreadsheet's still not behaving. (In my defense, I'm in Day Three of a particularly nasty migraine ...)

My Nth Instance formulas no worky -- anyone good with them?

I know this isn't an Excel Help forum, but the information on those forums haven't been exactly useful, so I'm trying a new tack.

The ultimate goal is to show all purchases for Date X (where date is dynamic and refers to the cell with value =Today() on the summary sheet). Data is pulled from multiple worksheets within the workbook where my summary resides.

Tinkering with LOOKUP to get the purchase relative to the date almost made me cry - I don't know if I'm up for this battle. Help?

(Also, I realized this morning that I now have an answer to "Why do we have to learn this?" if "this" is "Algebraic thinking.")
BS Literature in English cum laude, Excelsior College
currently pursuing K-8 MAT, University of Alaska Southeast (42/51).

IC works! Credits by exam to date: 63

CLEP: A&I Lit (72), Am Gov (69), Biology (58), Intro to Ed Psych (73), Intro Psych (77), Intro Soc (72), US History I (69)
DSST: Astronomy (65), Civil War (63), Intro Computing (463), Environment & Humanity (70), Foundations of Ed (68), USSR (54)
GRE: Literature in English (60th percentile / 18 cr)

On Deck: classroom research & instructional design
Never mind ... I figured it out. Nested functions - full of win.

And now I feel silly for posting a thread about this.

CLEP: A&I Lit (72), Am Gov (69), Biology (58), Intro to Ed Psych (73), Intro Psych (77), Intro Soc (72), US History I (69)
DSST: Astronomy (65), Civil War (63), Intro Computing (463), Environment & Humanity (70), Foundations of Ed (68), USSR (54)

cinderly Wrote:Never mind ... I figured it out. Nested functions - full of win.

And now I feel silly for posting a thread about this.
cinderly,

Don't feel silly!! I had absolutely no idea what you were talking about in that question, even if I do use Excel. Rolleyes So my hat's off to you for even knowing this stuff!!!

Well done,
JoAnne Smile

P.S. Sorry about the migraines.Sad Have you ever tried Tylenol with Codeine (need a prescription)...works great! [SIZE="1"][be quiet Basket Weaver][/SIZE]
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
If anyone wants the magical Excel function, let me know. It's a combination of =IF and a custom VBA formula.

Kiwi Lover Wrote:Sorry about the migraines.Sad Have you ever tried Tylenol with Codeine (need a prescription)...works great! [SIZE="1"][be quiet Basket Weaver][/SIZE]

I've actually got prescriptions for both 1000 mg ibuprofen tablets (takes the edge off the various accompanying muscle aches) and Relpax, which normally works a treat.

I don't get auras, so I can usually work through a mild migraine. (There really is such a thing, although I wouldn't call it pleasant.) I just ask my coworkers to stop existing so loudly and everything's fine. Wink

Once a year or so I get one so bad that the meds won't touch it and my cognitive functioning is more impaired than usual. Big Grin So I stay home and take homeopathic full-strength Coke and Fritos (for the caffeine and salt) and use my therapeutic frozen peas in combination with my lavendar-infused eyemask.

Eventually, the barometric pressure changes or my hormones return to normal and I can function. Neurology tests have ruled out it being much else than pulling a bad lot in the genetic lottery.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excel "proficiency". What's involved? JanusthePhoenix 1 964 01-23-2010, 07:37 AM
Last Post: skyfall123