Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Thoughts on TESC Course?
I am looking at taking the Leaders in History course with TESC, because I'm a history major.
Has any one taken this? If so can you give me a summary of the content. I want to finish my
degree this year, but I also want to pick a course that is interesting enough to be more motivatingly
engaging to help me get through.
Additionally, how does this Leaders in History course compare with other history courses? Do those who have taken it, consider it a tough course or do-able for multitasking with taking exams etc. I'm not a real strong academic multi-tasker so I was wondering generally what this course is considered.
How does it compare with say, the Liberal Arts Capstone?

I know a lot of questions. Thank you in advance for your answers!
Well the capstone is a combines all of your knowledge into a summary of learning so I would say if you want to learn more you should take the Leaders in History course. That is of course if you were enrolled before July and don't have to take the capstone. As for the course the best I can offer is the syllabus:
LDR-324-OL

It has no midterm or final (just a final paper). Sounds like a decent class Smile
My completed "non-traditional" credits include 27 credits from CLEP, 30 credits from DSST, 6 credits from ALEKS, 19 credits from FEMA courses including PDS, 3 credits from NFA courses, 10 credits from ACE Workplace Training, 3 credits from a TESC TECEP exam, and 3 credits from a TESC PLA course.
cooperalex2004 Wrote:Well the capstone is a combines all of your knowledge into a summary of learning so I would say if you want to learn more you should take the Leaders in History course. That is of course if you were enrolled before July and don't have to take the capstone. As for the course the best I can offer is the syllabus:
LDR-324-OL

It has no midterm or final (just a final paper). Sounds like a decent class Smile

Indeed without exams hopefully that makes it better. Smile

Oh, thank you! That link totally helps! I have not been on that part of the TESC website before.
I am confused though about the Liberal arts capstone. I think I enrolled in July, but I'll have to check to be sure.
Why would I have to take it if I enrolled after July 2012?

EDIT: I did apply before July, and already had a lot of my credits transferred in; LDR would be my last course.
quasarvs Wrote:I am confused though about the Liberal arts capstone. I think I enrolled in July, but I'll have to check to be sure.
Why would I have to take it if I enrolled after July 2012?

EDIT: I did apply before July, and already had a lot of my credits transferred in; LDR would be my last course.

If you were enrolled before 7/1/12 then the capstone was recommended but from that date on it is mandatory - that's why cooperalex2004 was asking.
BA in Natural Sciences/Mathematics, 2013 - TESC - Arnold Fletcher Award
AAS in Applied Computer Studies, 2013 - TESC
116 B&M Credits
32 FEMA Credits
9 ALEKS Credits - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry
9 Straighterline Credits - Business Communication, Microeconomics, English Composition II
6 TESC Credits - Global Environmental Change
3 DSST Credits - Environment and Humanity
Make sure you check with the school before you make the choice. Since it is your last class you should be able to call the advising express line (see your eval for the number) and plan in the last course to make sure it works. Congrats on finishing your degree (I'm taking my last class right now so I know how you feel).
My completed "non-traditional" credits include 27 credits from CLEP, 30 credits from DSST, 6 credits from ALEKS, 19 credits from FEMA courses including PDS, 3 credits from NFA courses, 10 credits from ACE Workplace Training, 3 credits from a TESC TECEP exam, and 3 credits from a TESC PLA course.
cooperalex2004 Wrote:Make sure you check with the school before you make the choice. Since it is your last class you should be able to call the advising express line (see your eval for the number) and plan in the last course to make sure it works. Congrats on finishing your degree (I'm taking my last class right now so I know how you feel).

Thank you for all the info! I am still looking into it, probably will be stuck with the capstone, but I don't think it'll be as bad as I originally thought.
Nice, last class! Congrats to you as well.
If anyone has feedback and/or tips on the Leaders in History course (professors, workload...), that would be awesome Smile I will be taking it early next year, possibly along with the Capstone.
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
Bump. I'll be starting "Leaders in History" and the Capstone together on July 1. Any feedback on LIH would be great!
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,667 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,457 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,204 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,994 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,367 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,777 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,753 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC RA808 110 11,328 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: RA808
  TESC Liberal Arts Capstone Review hornj 13 6,905 08-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Last Post: mabby
  TESC BA Psychology lovewins 5 1,982 07-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77