Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Closing in on my degree!
So I recently sent in my ACE transcript to be evaluated by TESU to see where I stand with them. Turns out, I have just 45 credits left to take. 15 classes. I am so excited! Of those 15 classes, I'm currently taking 2 at ASU (Calculus and Intro to Programming). One will be at Sophia (English Comp II) and one will be at InstantCert (American Government). Minus the 2 classes that must be taken at TESU, which leaves just 9 classes. I can't believe I am so close in such a short amount of time.

I also plan to finish the free XAMK classes and have that evaluated. I'm hoping it will come in as AOS electives, at least, which would mean I only have to pay for the 6UL classes left to complete my CS degree. I already have way more than enough credits. I have overages! (The 0-credit courses at the bottom are the Sophia courses that don't transfer to TESU. Yes, I knew that they wouldn't transfer. Yes, I took them anyway.)

Attached Files
.jpg   TESU Evaluation Sept.4.2020.sm.jpg (Size: 443.76 KB / Downloads: 86)
[-] The following 9 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • allvia, CableGuy98, celerius, crotique, GizmoJack, Muldoon, nomaduser, openair, robertsted
Two questions: 1) How did you get the photo editor to take the entire screen like that? I've seen that so many times, I've always wanted to know, but never had the chance to ask. I use print screen and paste into paint, but that's only for the screen i'm viewing, it doesn't do more than that page...

2) Have you already thought about taking courses to get 16-18 credits or have you already decided to just pay the residency waiver, since you just mentioned you're going to take the two courses (Cornerstone/Capstone) at TESU. Have you also decided TESU is the one for you and not going for say WGU or another school.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Excellent work. It is very motivating to see it coming together and makes it easier to keep going. Are you going to use SDC?
(09-05-2020, 02:16 PM)rachel83az Wrote: So I recently sent in my ACE transcript to be evaluated by TESU to see where I stand with them. Turns out, I have just 45 credits left to take. 15 classes. I am so excited! Of those 15 classes, I'm currently taking 2 at ASU (Calculus and Intro to Programming). One will be at Sophia (English Comp II) and one will be at InstantCert (American Government). Minus the 2 classes that must be taken at TESU, which leaves just 9 classes. I can't believe I am so close in such a short amount of time.

I also plan to finish the free XAMK classes and have that evaluated. I'm hoping it will come in as AOS electives, at least, which would mean I only have to pay for the 6UL classes left to complete my CS degree. I already have way more than enough credits. I have overages! (The 0-credit courses at the bottom are the Sophia courses that don't transfer to TESU. Yes, I knew that they wouldn't transfer. Yes, I took them anyway.)

I know just how you feel.  For so long it seems almost unattainable, and then all of a sudden, you can see light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not an oncoming train.

Savor this moment, it's about as satisfying as it gets.
[-] The following 2 users Like ctcarl's post:
  • ms_butterfly, rachel83az
(09-05-2020, 02:30 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Two questions: 1) How did you get the photo editor to take the entire screen like that? I've seen that so many times, I've always wanted to know, but never had the chance to ask.  I use print screen and paste into paint, but that's only for the screen i'm viewing, it doesn't do more than that page...

2) Have you already thought about taking courses to get 16-18 credits or have you already decided to just pay the residency waiver, since you just mentioned you're going to take the two courses (Cornerstone/Capstone) at TESU.  Have you also decided TESU is the one for you and not going for say WGU or another school.

1.) I use FireShot to take pictures of the whole screen. I paid for Pro so that I could do nice PDFs as-desired but the free version will work if all you want is the occasional JPG of a long webpage. It has extensions/plugins/addons for all the popular browsers.

2. Capstone + cornerstone + multiple UL classes sounds like a heck of a lot of work to do at once. It may cost a bit more to do it this way but I don't want to get too overloaded with classes. On the other hand, we'll see how I do with the TECEP. If it seems impossible, I may well switch. I absolutely do not want to regular phone calls from an advisor (plus I'm not in the US anyway) so WGU is out. I don't think that there are any other degrees that can come close to match TESU in speed/cost/transfer credits. At least, not for a CS degree. I don't want IT or CIS.

(09-05-2020, 02:55 PM)tallpilot Wrote: Excellent work.  It is very motivating to see it coming together and makes it easier to keep going.  Are you going to use SDC?

Short answer: yes. Long answer: not for everything. There are 4 UL CS classes at SDC. The dreaded Networking Technology TECEP. And Linear Algebra at Coopersmith. Depending on what XAMK comes in as, I may or may not need more SDC courses for AOS electives. I'll probably also take the free TEEX cybersecurity credits since they're free anyway.
Rachel! LOL, Weird, for some reason I thought you were in Arizona! Anyways, I highly suggest you get a BACS and a BSBA since you're going to be pretty close to the BSBA with a few courses taken already. You can decide on an AOS or leave it with the General Management (or CIS), since you're going to need at least 16 credits, you can reserve 3 credits for the BSBA Capstone!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • rachel83az
(09-05-2020, 04:42 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Rachel! LOL, Weird, for some reason I thought you were in Arizona!  Anyways, I highly suggest you get a BACS and a BSBA since you're going to be pretty close to the BSBA with a few courses taken already.  You can decide on an AOS or leave it with the General Management (or CIS), since you're going to need at least 16 credits, you can reserve 3 credits for the BSBA Capstone!

When I joined the forum, I was in Arizona. But I am in Europe now. It makes some things easy (since I am a US citizen, I could take OnlineDegree classes) while complicating other things. 

I'm not sure about a BSBA. I'm thinking about picking up the ASBA because it'll be almost nothing. But a BSBA is an additional capstone, with an additional cost and additional effort. You're right that the CIS degree wouldn't be that many more credits/classes than I was already thinking about taking. That capstone, though...
(09-05-2020, 05:45 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 04:42 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Rachel! LOL, Weird, for some reason I thought you were in Arizona!  Anyways, I highly suggest you get a BACS and a BSBA since you're going to be pretty close to the BSBA with a few courses taken already.  You can decide on an AOS or leave it with the General Management (or CIS), since you're going to need at least 16 credits, you can reserve 3 credits for the BSBA Capstone!

When I joined the forum, I was in Arizona. But I am in Europe now. It makes some things easy (since I am a US citizen, I could take OnlineDegree classes) while complicating other things. 

I'm not sure about a BSBA. I'm thinking about picking up the ASBA because it'll be almost nothing. But a BSBA is an additional capstone, with an additional cost and additional effort. You're right that the CIS degree wouldn't be that many more credits/classes than I was already thinking about taking. That capstone, though...
That's why I ended up in IT, to avoid the liberal arts capstone. I didn't realize SDC's software engineering wasn't upper level. My credit for that course is B&M.

Hopefully they will tweak those courses and get them reevaluated for upper level. But it is a fool's game waiting for that which may not come when you are so close.

Classes at TESU can suck from a busy work perspective and of course they are expensive on a relative basis but if you only need one or two you have already saved thousands to tens of thousands so why not? (I'm speaking in general not about you personally)

Good luck with the networking. I feel bad for all those people who have reported failing it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tallpilot's post:
  • rachel83az
(09-05-2020, 09:50 PM)tallpilot Wrote: That's why I ended up in IT, to avoid the liberal arts capstone. I didn't realize SDC's software engineering wasn't upper level. My credit for that course is B&M.

Hopefully they will tweak those courses and get them reevaluated for upper level. But it is a fool's game waiting for that which may not come when you are so close.

Classes at TESU can suck from a busy work perspective and of course they are expensive on a relative basis but if you only need one or two you have already saved thousands to tens of thousands so why not? (I'm speaking in general not about you personally)

Good luck with the networking. I feel bad for all those people who have reported failing it.

I definitely wish SDC had more UL CS credits. This is very annoying. One of the reasons why I went with CS over IT or another BS degree was to avoid physics/chemistry! They're interesting subjects, to be sure, but they're difficult classes to find and take (especially while abroad) without even considering passing.
Thumbs Up 
(09-05-2020, 02:16 PM)rachel83az Wrote: So I recently sent in my ACE transcript to be evaluated by TESU to see where I stand with them. Turns out, I have just 45 credits left to take. 15 classes. I am so excited! Of those 15 classes, I'm currently taking 2 at ASU (Calculus and Intro to Programming). One will be at Sophia (English Comp II) and one will be at InstantCert (American Government). Minus the 2 classes that must be taken at TESU, which leaves just 9 classes. I can't believe I am so close in such a short amount of time.

Let there be light!!! (at the end of the tunnel...) that's awesome news and keep up the good work! I'm right behind you @TESU, doing residency credits and the few gen-eds required for the degree (fingers crossed done in '21). The Rachel83az train is moving full-speed ahead!  Cool

(09-05-2020, 09:50 PM)tallpilot Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 05:45 PM)rachel83az Wrote:

That's why I ended up in IT, to avoid the liberal arts capstone. I didn't realize SDC's software engineering wasn't upper level. My credit for that course is B&M.

+1... so true-
[-] The following 1 user Likes CableGuy98's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,463 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 483 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 772 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,184 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,706 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74
  Hypnotherapy + $30 course or $12,000 degree = Licensed "Medical" Profession nykorn 6 954 01-06-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 618 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  These Rural Texans Opted Out of a Degree. This Community College Wants Them Back LevelUP 1 377 12-22-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Avidreader