Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any modifications or considerations to my plan at TESU?
(01-14-2023, 01:27 PM)Mccderm Wrote: Now I understand, thank you for the resources and advice. I updated the plan.

The ASNSM Mathematics,

Remove:
College Algebra, as you can't reuse that course from GE.
Precalculus, as you don't need it since you have other stuff from the CS degree

Add:
Discrete Math
CMS Learn

The natural science/computer electives are automatically filled from your CS degree, so don't worry about them. You don't need Intro to Microbiology. 

Free Electives from Finance degree:
Remove:
Precalculus
Intro to Microbiology
Foundations of Leadership
Intermediate Accounting

You can use Computer Concepts and Applications to eliminate one course in Computer Science Electives. 

Nothing is stopping you from taking extra courses. Still, I would do the minimum required for your degrees FIRST, then do the extracurricular activities of doing the extra courses, which will go on your transcript after graduation.

Doing Finance Concentration vs. CIS adds 4 extra courses. You can make that decision last as you get close to finishing. 

Including Software Engineering; I'm still counting 7 TESU courses. So you need only 5 TESU courses that are 3 credits each.

You can do whatever TECEPs you want. However, I suggest picking the easiest/quickest to do based on your previous knowledge and study skills. 

I uploaded a double degree plan for Finance and CS. Might be a few errors since I put it together in like 5-10 min, but you should get the main idea.

Attached Files
.png   TESU BA Computer Science BSBA Finance Double Degree Plan-min.png (Size: 418.17 KB / Downloads: 8)
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(01-14-2023, 03:18 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The most recent plan you uploaded is a bit of a mish-mash. Credit used in the GE cannot be used in the AOS (or vice-versa). So, for instance, you need 3 more credits of math for the ASNSM Math because you cannot use College Algebra twice.

You do NOT need FIN-382 and FDR-440 from TESU. Take FIN-301 Introduction to Finance from Davar and Finance 301: Corporate Finance instead. Take the Liberal Arts Math TECEP for the ASNSM Math to ensure you have sufficient RA credits.
I appreciate the advice, though a few questions arise:

1. For FIN-301 Introduction to Finance and FIN-301(401?) Corporate Finance from Davar. Does that correspond to FIN-382 and FDR-440? 

1.1 Or does the classes you recommend corresponds to other Finance courses at TESU they don’t show on their site? Allowing me to get rid of the courses you don’t recommend I take.
(01-14-2023, 03:18 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The most recent plan you uploaded is a bit of a mish-mash. Credit used in the GE cannot be used in the AOS (or vice-versa). So, for instance, you need 3 more credits of math for the ASNSM Math because you cannot use College Algebra twice.

You do NOT need FIN-382 and FDR-440 from TESU. Take FIN-301 Introduction to Finance from Davar and Finance 301: Corporate Finance instead. Take the Liberal Arts Math TECEP for the ASNSM Math to ensure you have sufficient RA credits.

Since he would take FIN-301 Introduction to Finance from DAVAR, he could pay USD$ 100 for 2 courses in Business Class and also take FIN-401 Corporate Finance, instead of using SDC.

Principles of Finance in Saylor says that it´s recommended for UL (I read in the forum that it was previously recommended for LL), but I haven´t take it yet, so I don´t know what´s the current equivalence in TESU.
(01-14-2023, 05:13 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(01-14-2023, 01:27 PM)Mccderm Wrote: Now I understand, thank you for the resources and advice. I updated the plan.

The ASNSM Mathematics,

Remove:
College Algebra, as you can't reuse that course from GE.
Precalculus, as you don't need it since you have other stuff from the CS degree

Add:
Discrete Math
CMS Learn

The natural science/computer electives are automatically filled from your CS degree, so don't worry about them. You don't need Intro to Microbiology. 

Free Electives from Finance degree:
Remove:
Precalculus
Intro to Microbiology
Foundations of Leadership
Intermediate Accounting

You can use Computer Concepts and Applications to eliminate one course in Computer Science Electives. 

Nothing is stopping you from taking extra courses. Still, I would do the minimum required for your degrees FIRST, then do the extracurricular activities of doing the extra courses, which will go on your transcript after graduation.

Doing Finance Concentration vs. CIS adds 4 extra courses. You can make that decision last as you get close to finishing. 

Including Software Engineering; I'm still counting 7 TESU courses. So you need only 5 TESU courses that are 3 credits each.

You can do whatever TECEPs you want. However, I suggest picking the easiest/quickest to do based on your previous knowledge and study skills. 

I uploaded a double degree plan for Finance and CS. Might be a few errors since I put it together in like 5-10 min, but you should get the main idea.
I appreciate the advice, I feel like we’re getting closer to a plan. The 6 TESU courses, I know there is 2 finance courses that I can’t find any corresponding alternative source of credits to fulfill them. I thought to earn those courses as RA credits at TESU. A question I have:

1. I notice in the plan that there’s about 30 RA credits in CS and 30 in the CIS, by sharing the GEs and CS electives. Is this something I need to add to my plan as well?
(01-15-2023, 08:26 AM)Mccderm Wrote:

1. For FIN-301 Introduction to Finance and FIN-301(401?) Corporate Finance from Davar. Does that correspond to FIN-382 and FDR-440? 

1.1 Or does the classes you recommend corresponds to other Finance courses at TESU they don’t show on their site? Allowing me to get rid of the courses you don’t recommend I take.

Most of the courses that TESU accepts do NOT show up as courses in their catalog. Example: TESU does not have any Jewish history courses, nor any courses on Jewish literature/poetry. But you can take these courses from Coopersmith, transfer them in, and use them towards a History or English degree. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Co...Consulting

FIN-301 at Davar corresponds to FIN-301 at TESU (it doesn't always work out like that, but it does in this case). Davar even has a handy chart for TESU equivalencies. For a Finance degree, you need any finance courses for the AOS. As long as you meet the UL requirements for the degree, the AOS can be literally anything Finance.

The so-called plan here is terrible. https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/Current/...in-Finance IT LIES. DO NOT FOLLOW THIS PLAN. EVERYTHING ON THIS PLAN IS A LIE.

As an enrolled student, you will get an accurate plan in OSS (Online Student Services) that will make much more sense. You can follow that one. This is why we recommend students become fully enrolled students ASAP at TESU. It only costs $50 application + $52 Medical Terminology TECEP to do this. Everything will be much clearer once you are enrolled. It will save you A LOT of time and effort that is being wasted right now following a really terrible plan. I know TESU put the plan on their public site, but it's really, really bad.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-15-2023, 10:32 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 08:26 AM)Mccderm Wrote:

Most of the courses that TESU accepts do NOT show up as courses in their catalog. Example: TESU does not have any Jewish history courses, nor any courses on Jewish literature/poetry. But you can take these courses from Coopersmith, transfer them in, and use them towards a History or English degree. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Co...Consulting

FIN-301 at Davar corresponds to FIN-301 at TESU (it doesn't always work out like that, but it does in this case). Davar even has a handy chart for TESU equivalencies. For a Finance degree, you need any finance courses for the AOS. As long as you meet the UL requirements for the degree, the AOS can be literally anything Finance.

The so-called plan here is terrible. https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/Current/...in-Finance IT LIES. DO NOT FOLLOW THIS PLAN. EVERYTHING ON THIS PLAN IS A LIE.

As an enrolled student, you will get an accurate plan in OSS (Online Student Services) that will make much more sense. You can follow that one. This is why we recommend students become fully enrolled students ASAP at TESU. It only costs $50 application + $52 Medical Terminology TECEP to do this. Everything will be much clearer once you are enrolled. It will save you A LOT of time and effort that is being wasted right now following a really terrible plan. I know TESU put the plan on their public site, but it's really, really bad.
Alright, I’ll enroll into TESU. A question I do have is when I take the last 16 credits at TESU, can I use financial aid to help pay or is it all out of pocket?
You can use financial aid to pay for any TESU tuition. You cannot use financial aid to pay the residency waiver if you do not take 16 credits or more from TESU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 588 Yesterday, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 200 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 195 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 186 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 4 523 04-16-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Mems88
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 9 350 04-07-2024, 10:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Review my plan for UMPI Psychology Major & Educational Studies Minor - Please :) RachelB 11 1,069 04-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 385 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
  Need some advice on my plan jobojoe285 3 212 03-29-2024, 09:16 PM
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 484 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM