Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone complete any of these studies? (Mexican/Spanish Propios)
Basically, (a few members of this and the sister board) I am wondering if all of these providers have multiple choice questions and no writing assignments. If that's the case, it's opposite to ENEB as they're all writing assignments!

School of Business and Trade (Not Spanish, content/learning is in English).
- Master of Arts in Social Sciences
- Master of Science in Business Studies

Universidad CLEA, example offerings below
- Master's in Criminology, Criminalistics and Criminal Psychology

European Quality Formación, example offerings below
- Master in Marketing, Human Resources Management, Professional Influencer

INN Formación, example offerings below
- Masters in Business Administration and Management

Instituto SIAC, example offerings below
- Master in Social and Community Intervention
- Same Master, With Groups At Risk of Social Exclusion

TAGO estudios, example offerings below
- MBA in Human Resources Management and Administration

UNIDEMA - Master in Protocol & Event Management
- MBA in Hospitality and Gastronomy
- Triple Propio, Master Wedding Planner, Marketing And E-Commerce, Communication and Speech Skills
- Triple Propio, MBA, (same as above, Communication/Speech, E-Commerce/Marketing)

These may rival ENEB for the price, if you can settle with DeepL/Google Translate. However, these are all less recognized than ENEB, I don't recall anyone trying to have these evaluated or recognized except for the SOBAT offerings.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Just looked at the offerings and have never heard of these schools before. The CLEA one has some interesting paramedic and tactical emergency medicine certificate programs. They cater to people that already have Latin American healthcare degrees that just want to expand their knowledge. Most likely the CLEA ones will have a lot of zoom live video panels and weekly assignments. So you should expect to be fluent in Spanish to make the investment worthwhile. Not sure if the healthcare courses will be accepted for credit in US universities.

I have never heard of these specific Spain schools, but I graduated last year from a language course from the INESEM school. Fully self paced (you must finish it in 6 months or risk being unable to graduate). Lots of videos that were easy to understand. I don't recall seeing subtitles anywhere. I don't have any difficulty understanding academic Spanish so I don't remember if you could use close captioning.

The INESEM course has a lot of quizzes but you can repeat them over and over until you get everything right. Some of the quizzes were super easy, others were long reading passages with questions in the next page that test your reading comprehension. I struggled a lot with those ones and used google translate to understand what they wanted. Since I bought the A1 and A2 bundle for around 350 USD, I had a more compressed course with 2 final exams for each level. The A1 was quite easy. The course prepared me pretty well for it. You get two chances to do the final and the questions stay the same so it is very easy to score high on the final. I think there were 50 questions and it was multiple choice. The A2 test was much harder for me because I had to rush through the material without fully learning it to graduate on time, but doable.

There is supposed to be an online tutor in case you want help for the optional writing exercises that aren’t needed to finish the course. I had a hard time navigating the page and found out about the tutoring just a few days before I finished, so I never had rhe chance to try it out. I regret not doing the written assignments, it would have helped me retain more knowledge.

I would say the course was quite easy considering I didn’t know any words of the language and now I am around an upper A1 and lower A2 in reading. The school shipped the physical diploma insanely fast. It was very streamlined and I appreciate them for it. I have not yet had it translated to English, so I don't know if any US university would accept it for credit. If they don't accept them, I might still consider giving the Actfl reading exam a shot.

There is another very popular online school called Euroinnova that offers other courses. I haven't tried them out, but people say they are similar to Inesem.

Inesem
Euroinnova
Some of the master you mentioned in the original post have to few hours to be considered masters in my opinion. They should have at lest 1200 hours and to be preferred 1500 hours.
For me this is something to look at and be aware proceeding with caution. If you just want education for a cheap price (which is the aim of this courses) and do not care for the final paper you get, then I will look at them with more favorable eyes.
I will not compare this to an AACSB degree or similar in any way or form.
I agree. People should be aware that master degrees in Spain confer far less prestige because they usually only last 1 year. So I am unsure if the full-fledged masters have any hopes of getting an equivalent accreditation, but I might still give my language class a shot. I did it for personal fulfillment but maybe I can get credit for it.
For the above, I think the majority of these examples are all multiple choice except for Universidad CLEA where writing is involved. Again, I am using these as learning points and to fill up knowledge I may be missing out on. My purpose is not to use it for credit, but as a learning tool to get missing knowledge on an international scale instead. For the price point and info you retain, I think some of these are a good purchase to get your feet wet if you understand the language. That's in addition to what I said here, Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid395026
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-27-2023, 10:03 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Basically, (a few members of this and the sister board) I am wondering if all of these providers have multiple choice questions and no writing assignments. If that's the case, it's opposite to ENEB as they're all writing assignments!

School of Business and Trade (Not Spanish, content/learning is in English).
- Master of Arts in Social Sciences
- Master of Science in Business Studies

Universidad CLEA, example offerings below
- Master's in Criminology, Criminalistics and Criminal Psychology

European Quality Formación, example offerings below
- Master in Marketing, Human Resources Management, Professional Influencer

INN Formación, example offerings below
- Masters in Business Administration and Management

Instituto SIAC, example offerings below
- Master in Social and Community Intervention
- Same Master, With Groups At Risk of Social Exclusion

TAGO estudios, example offerings below
- MBA in Human Resources Management and Administration

UNIDEMA - Master in Protocol & Event Management
- MBA in Hospitality and Gastronomy
- Triple Propio, Master Wedding Planner, Marketing And E-Commerce, Communication and Speech Skills
- Triple Propio, MBA, (same as above, Communication/Speech, E-Commerce/Marketing)

These may rival ENEB for the price, if you can settle with DeepL/Google Translate. However, these are all less recognized than ENEB, I don't recall anyone trying to have these evaluated or recognized except for the SOBAT offerings.
Universidad CLEA is a perfectly legitimate institution in Mexico and Peru, but, clearly the program is a propio, SOBAT, as you may know now is unaccredited and proudly so, UNIDEMA seems legit but cannot find any info that proves or disproves it, the rest seem unaccredited and depending on who is their University ally any given day, ENEB may give you a run for the money.
CLEA is registered in Mexico, not in Peru.

The only entity that accredits universities in Peru is SUNEDU, and CLEA is not accredited in Peru.
(09-20-2023, 11:22 AM)MrPanda Wrote: CLEA is registered in Mexico, not in Peru.

The only entity that accredits universities in Peru is SUNEDU, and CLEA is not accredited in Peru.

Ahh, thanks, I think it was a South American country, maybe Paraguay, I don't know.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 789 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Spanish - Learning website security breach bjcheung77 1 1,102 12-24-2023, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Johann
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,841 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
  So long, computer science — Chaos Studies is the hot new college degree LevelUP 9 1,222 10-15-2023, 11:14 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Master Propio in Spanish Teaching 19 Euro elcastor21 11 1,030 09-27-2023, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Life Experience degree from the Mexican Government itself elcastor21 6 609 09-13-2023, 09:42 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Mexican Bachelor of Engineering programs US$4200 elcastor21 2 447 08-31-2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Average time to complete a Mechanical Engineering Degree soliloquy 8 7,035 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: soliloquy
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 15 1,716 08-06-2023, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  SUU Bachelor of General Studies (Speedway) EDUxplorer 10 1,959 04-18-2023, 12:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77