Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else notice a BIG change in the ACE National Guide?
(11-19-2020, 05:00 PM)Thorne Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 04:32 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 04:26 PM)rennick00 Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 10:03 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I have mild concerns that some schools (like TESU) might not accept Acclaim for a while. I just hope that this is not the case.

From TESU as of 13 Nov:

Please be advised that we are in receipt of your Acclaim by Credly transcript, however we are unable to accept them.

Training programs reviewed and recommended for credit by the American Council on Education (ACE) College Credit Recommendation Service MUST be submitted on an official ACE Registry transcript . Contact ACE to request an official transcript sent to the Thomas Edison State University Registrar's Office at transcripts@tesu.edu.

AND... that's the reason I paid for an ACE transcript last week to TESU.  It's $15 well spent as they're working on things, it's not going to be ready until the end of the month at the earliest, I don't waste my time waiting and worrying over something that I can have more control over, for $15, it puts my mind at ease at least...

I probably need to grab two or three official ones just for safekeeping. I'm not exactly planning to go after another undergrad degree, but I may need to send ACE transcripts to schools in the future

Typically the sealed transcript must be sent directly from the institution to the college. They usually don't accept official transcripts from students.
Hasn't ACE stopped sending out paper transcripts already? I thought they were just doing electronic right now.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
So I just checked OSS at TESU and they appear to have added my Google IT certificate as CMP-202 (3 credits). It was on my Acclaim transcript and not my "regular" ACE transcript. If they didn't accept your Acclaim transcript, I would give it a day or two (maybe add another class) and then try again. After all, the transcripts themselves don't cost anything...
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • nomaduser
(11-20-2020, 03:41 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Hasn't ACE stopped sending out paper transcripts already? I thought they were just doing electronic right now.

The end of this month they're supposed to stop.
(11-20-2020, 08:20 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 03:41 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Hasn't ACE stopped sending out paper transcripts already? I thought they were just doing electronic right now.

I just logged in to check. They are ONLY doing electronic ones. There is no option to send paper transcripts.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(11-20-2020, 08:30 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 08:20 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

I just logged in to check. They are ONLY doing electronic ones. There is no option to send paper transcripts.

That's nuts!! They were supposed to stop the end of the month. Everyone hasn't transitioned everything over to Acclaim. They really did a crappy job rolling this sucker out.
Okay, I'm still new to a lot of this and this one has me lost. I had two more courses to take through Sophia and I just completed one of them tonight. 
Should I be concerned about TESU accepting these? My five previous Sophia courses were easy to transfer through the ACE website and I would have like to continue the process. This is the email I just received from Sophia...

Congratulations on your recent Sophia course completion!

You may request your official transcript via Parchment. Parchment offers fast, easy and secure electronic delivery to your school. Print/Mail and Overnight delivery options are also available. If you have an existing Parchment account, simply log in and submit your request. If you are new to Parchment, create an account and follow the steps to request a transcript from Sophia Learning.
Electronic Delivery (within 24 hours): $5.25
Print/US Mail (5-7 business days): $7.75
FedEx US Overnight: $32.75

Transcript processing fees must be paid by credit or debit card at the time of order. Parchment is FERPA-compliant and follows all federal regulations for the privacy of educational records.
If your school accepts an official transcript from the American Council on Education, please visit your Sophia homepage. You will see a link by each completed course for a free digital badge from Credly. Your official ACE transcript is available through Credly, using the digital badge for this course.
TESU absolutely does not accept Sophia via Parchment. However, they SHOULD be accepting the Credly/Acclaim badges. Despite a couple of people at TESU seemingly not having gotten the memo about acceptance, I wouldn't be too concerned about the process. TESU seems set on a path to accept Credly/Acclaim just fine. The issue is the transfer of old courses to Credly/Acclaim.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
(11-21-2020, 07:19 AM)rachel83az Wrote: TESU absolutely does not accept Sophia via Parchment. However, they SHOULD be accepting the Credly/Acclaim badges. Despite a couple of people at TESU seemingly not having gotten the memo about acceptance, I wouldn't be too concerned about the process. TESU seems set on a path to accept Credly/Acclaim just fine. The issue is the transfer of old courses to Credly/Acclaim.

Got it, thanks. I just set up my Credly/Acclaim account and sent my transcript (badge) to TESU. Hopefully TESU has worked things out and will post to my Eval without any problems. I have the feeling though it may take TESU about a week to do this. I'll let you guys know.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Guide to Jesuit Colleges LevelUP 0 230 01-25-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  After 14 student deaths, North Carolina State confronts a national crisis bjcheung77 1 383 05-13-2023, 11:40 AM
  No longer a distinction between national and regional accreditors inf 9 1,299 09-26-2022, 09:28 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  The Guardian University Guide Alpha 0 432 09-24-2022, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  National Trends in Grade Inflation for American Colleges LevelUP 1 512 09-21-2022, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Courcelles
  National-Northcentral Merger Alpha 2 679 07-29-2022, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  PhD grad wins national award for AI tool that predict/prevent strokes! bjcheung77 0 447 06-04-2022, 11:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Inside the Vast National Experiment in Test-Optional College Admissions LevelUP 2 872 04-11-2022, 05:49 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  In ‘Historic’ Vote, UVA Students Vote to Change 180-Year-Old Honor Policy LevelUP 0 841 03-10-2022, 08:40 AM
  Coursera: Google & IBM. I am looking for Beginners guide mdel210201 6 1,737 02-05-2022, 01:03 PM
Last Post: mdel210201