Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we headed to WW3?
I think we are headed to WW3 due to the conflicts and flexing of muscles in Iran, China, Russia, and North Korea.
Each of these countries has demonstrated military power over the past year or so in new and threatening ways. I also think they will band together in an alliance if it were to ever "go down".
However, I don't think this will be a normal war. It will be fought economically with sanctions, pacts, currency manipulation. Via the Internet with state sponsored attacks against websites and critical infrastructure. Via the air with long range cruise missiles, strategic strikes by fighters and bombers, and ICBMs. That is how it will start out at least.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
I don't think Iran, China, and North Korea are big problems. Iran looked concerning at first, but not anymore. North Korea has always been a pest. If China does anything, it'll be because of Russia. Russia (or Vladimir Putin) is acting crazy right now, but the Ukrainians have just let the Russians walk all over them so far.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
ryoder Wrote:I think we are headed to WW3 due to the conflicts and flexing of muscles in Iran, China, Russia, and North Korea.
Each of these countries has demonstrated military power over the past year or so in new and threatening ways. I also think they will band together in an alliance if it were to ever "go down".
However, I don't think this will be a normal war. It will be fought economically with sanctions, pacts, currency manipulation. Via the Internet with state sponsored attacks against websites and critical infrastructure. Via the air with long range cruise missiles, strategic strikes by fighters and bombers, and ICBMs. That is how it will start out at least.

don't know how old you are, but as someone who remembers the 'late 70s and early '80s, I think they were worse
For reasons I don't care to debate, I believe that we are definitely going to encounter another world war. How long it will take to get is there, I don't now.
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19
Yeah I am old enough to remember the cold war. My mom had it worse though in the 60s. They used to practice getting under their desks at school to prepare for nuclear attacks.

I think the cold war 2.0 is starting now and the communist countries will band together once again against the West. Of course Russia isn't really communist but then the US isn't really capitalist either. Still, old habits die hard and Russia wants to restore the former "glory" of the USSR.

bluebooger Wrote:don't know how old you are, but as someone who remembers the 'late 70s and early '80s, I think they were worse
If IRAN completes its stated objective of creating nuclear weapons then it will probably step up its funding of attacks against Israel if not invade directly. IRAN sees what Russia did in Georgia and the Ukraine and that the rest of the world didn't do anything to stop them. This emboldens them and makes them want to become a nuclear power even more.

sanantone Wrote:I don't think Iran, China, and North Korea are big problems. Iran looked concerning at first, but not anymore. North Korea has always been a pest. If China does anything, it'll be because of Russia. Russia (or Vladimir Putin) is acting crazy right now, but the Ukrainians have just let the Russians walk all over them so far.
There's a term for those folks who think that chaos will soon come upon us, and are living their lives accordingly. (No, I don't mean going out drinking, having crazy sex, etc.) They're stockpiling food, ammunition, etc. Maybe chaos will descend, and their foresight will be rewarded. Who knows?

A few years back I was in Lancaster, PA, and it took all of my will power not to giggle when a young Mennonite man was talking to me about it and his preparation. "Dude," I wanted to say, "you practically live off the grid already. What are YOU worried about?" Whether WW III is imminent or not, I don't know. Criminals already use the Internet for their acts, so it isn't any stretch to think that enemies will use it to fight. In some ways, future wars will be easier to start and more damage may be done because of computers, the Internet, and our dependence on them. We'll see.

When I was a child in the '60s, the newscasts about the war in Viet Nam, the protesters, etc. used to scare me. When I learned to read and read the newspapers, I worried about the Cold War and if MAD didn't work. Then I worried about some crazy individual or government getting setting off a nuke here, or engaging in chemical or biological warfare. You know what? None of it has happened (yet?!) Now? I'm more worried about the slow destruction of our planet. As an agnostic, I think that this is it. No heaven. No hell. Earth. That's all we've got. Sometimes I think that we're like the aliens in the movie, Independence Day. We're sucking the life out of this planet, and think that there's another place (or planet) where we can go. We'll see. (The powers that be have always fought over resources, and our demands are making the possibility of fighting over them more likely.)

Finally, one of the things I used to worry about was the Sun burning out. (Silly, I know, but there you go.) Even though I knew it was going to be a long time off, I worried. Then, I heard a joke. An astronomer was lecturing about how long it would be until the Sun destroyed all life on earth. An audience member raised his hand, and asked the astronomer to repeat what he had just said. The astronomer repeated that in 3.5 billion years Earth would be uninhabitable because of the Sun. "Whew," the audience member said. I thought you said 2.5 billion years." For some reason, I'm worrying less about the Sun.

What will come, will come. In the mean time, I'll try to be more loving toward my friends and family, be kinder to strangers, and nicer to the earth. These are things I can control. When my end comes, however it comes, I hope that I will have lived a life that should a heaven exist, will get me a shot at it. If this is all that we have, then I hope that I will have done what I can to make this existence better for others.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
ryoder Wrote:If IRAN completes its stated objective of creating nuclear weapons then it will probably step up its funding of attacks against Israel if not invade directly. IRAN sees what Russia did in Georgia and the Ukraine and that the rest of the world didn't do anything to stop them. This emboldens them and makes them want to become a nuclear power even more.

Iran wouldn't get the same treatment as Russia. Iran is just a step above Syria. We were very close to attacking Syria. Currently, Iran doesn't have much money to fund anything. The sanctions have hurt them pretty badly.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
LaterBloomer Wrote:What will come, will come. In the mean time, I'll try to be more loving toward my friends and family, be kinder to strangers, and nicer to the earth. These are things I can control. When my end comes, however it comes, I hope that I will have lived a life that should a heaven exist, will get me a shot at it. If this is all that we have, then I hope that I will have done what I can to make this existence better for others.

Very well said!
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
sanantone Wrote:...but the Ukrainians have just let the Russians walk all over them so far...

I would tend to agree with you on this point insofar as the Ukraine does have a military that could've/would've/should've repelled any invasion force crossing their boarder instead of hunkering down behind the fence line of their own bases.
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot: