Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Associate in Information Systems: Programming
I wish to acquire this degree but I don’t know how to plan for it using the big three, what would you recommend and using what path would be the most cost and time effective?
This is not a degree that is available from the Big 3. An Associate's degree is absolutely not cost-effective at all, in any case. The cheapest one I know of that would be close to what you're looking for is Waubonsee's AAS in Computer Software Development: https://www.waubonsee.edu/programs-cours...elopment-0 If you were to bring in CLEP exams for 12 of the 15 GE requirements, the remaining 48 credits would cost approximately $6000 + books. For a similar price tag, you could get a BA in Computer Science from TESU.

If you are in the US, you might be interested in the FREE Pierpont BOG AAS. This does have an Information Systems Area of Emphasis (but not specifically programming). https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pierpont_C%26TC The 12 required RA credits for this degree would cost $800 through TEL Learning + $59 for the Google IT Support Professional certificate + approx $400 for Sophia.org = Associate's degree for approximately $1300.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Flelm
Depending on what classes/credits you have already done, I would look into the Pierpont BOG AAS, and see if you can get an associates with them. https://www.pierpont.edu/ac/programs/board-governors

There's a post around here somewhere with more information on it.

Right now your post is very vague, and probably doesn't give enough information. An associates with the big 3 is almost never worth it on its own, unless you're getting it on the way to a bachelor's. It might be better to post in the Degree Planning Advice forum with what you have completed, and what your goals are (career wise or degree wise).
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
Thank you, that’s what I will do

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Purdue University Global - BA Information Technology [Review & Advice] 9yeire 49 7,441 04-04-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Information Technology major with a concentration on game development purduestudent 13 1,053 02-28-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: walruspanda
  self-paced C, C++ programming courses for college credits? nomaduser 4 1,318 05-23-2022, 10:35 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online associate's degree in math? nomaduser 7 1,379 09-04-2021, 10:51 PM
Last Post: asianphd
  Degree Plan for BS in Information Technology BadBradsBBQ 35 6,663 04-23-2021, 05:20 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Middlesex University - BSc in Information Systems ($8,000, 1 year) nomaduser 1 812 12-17-2020, 10:48 PM
Last Post: nomaduser