Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Associates Degree Conferral Question
(11-02-2021, 01:41 PM)dfrecore Wrote: First, I'm confused about what AA you're getting - you have an AA capstone listed, but I don't think you need that.

Second, I can't figure out why you're taking all the CJ courses? Unless that's the AAS you're getting?

Third, I can't figure out why you're getting all of these degrees?  Like, why get a BSOL and a Cert in General Management?  That doesn't make a ton of sense.

I guess I can't see why anyone would want all of these degrees? Is it just degree collecting? Or are you actually planning on doing something with these disparate degrees at some point?

Thanks for the response, here is a little background on myself. I started out shooting toward a history degree trying to finish in 14 months. Upon graduating high school I received a couple of division 1 football scholarship offers but I could not go without sitting out for a year due to my eligibility status. I also had numerous JUCO football offers. My dad graduated from Excelsior 20 years ago and suggested I train during covid and get a degree from one of the big three instead of going to a junior college. I was like the big what? Never heard of them. I originally planned on conferring an AA quickly as that was the minimum requirement by the NCAA in order for me to be eligible to play immediately and sign a scholarship. The whole situation ended working out great as I'll be conferring (AA, GM-Cert, OPM-Cert) by the March Deadline. I will be finished with (BA-History, BSOL) by the June deadline and hopefully (AAS-Applied Computer Studies, BA-Computer Science, CIS cert, Criminal Justice cert) by the August cutoff before the start of the next football season.

I currently view education in the breath as I view money. In my eyes, you can't have enough of it. Some may consider it overkill to go all out and get numerous degrees and undergraduate certs but if it is only costing a minimal amount more than what I'm already paying why not take a little extra time and get a maximum return on your investment. You never know what future career opportunities such as internships, cross-agency details, etc will present themselves, and having a credential on your transcript could be the difference between making the cut and not.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/7783775/David-Hall
(11-02-2021, 03:03 PM)dhallfootball21 Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 01:41 PM)dfrecore Wrote: First, I'm confused about what AA you're getting - you have an AA capstone listed, but I don't think you need that.

Second, I can't figure out why you're taking all the CJ courses? Unless that's the AAS you're getting?

Third, I can't figure out why you're getting all of these degrees?  Like, why get a BSOL and a Cert in General Management?  That doesn't make a ton of sense.

I guess I can't see why anyone would want all of these degrees? Is it just degree collecting? Or are you actually planning on doing something with these disparate degrees at some point?

Thanks for the response, here is a little background on myself. I started out shooting toward a history degree trying to finish in 14 months. Upon graduating high school I received a couple of division 1 football scholarship offers but I could not go without sitting out for a year due to my eligibility status. I also had numerous JUCO football offers. My dad graduated from Excelsior 20 years ago and suggested I train during covid and get a degree from one of the big three instead of going to a junior college. I was like the big what? Never heard of them. I originally planned on conferring an AA quickly as that was the minimum requirement by the NCAA in order for me to be eligible to play immediately and sign a scholarship. The whole situation ended working out great as I'll be conferring (AA, GM-Cert, OPM-Cert) by the March Deadline. I will be finished with (BA-History, BSOL) by the June deadline and hopefully (AAS-Applied Computer Studies, BA-Computer Science, CIS cert, Criminal Justice cert) by the August cutoff before the start of the next football season.

I currently view education in the breath as I view money. In my eyes, you can't have enough of it. Some may consider it overkill to go all out and get numerous degrees and undergraduate certs but if it is only costing a minimal amount more than what I'm already paying why not take a little extra time and get a maximum return on your investment. You never know what future career opportunities such as internships, cross-agency details, etc will present themselves, and having a credential on your transcript could be the difference between making the cut and not.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/7783775/David-Hall

Does having a bachelor's degree make it at all difficult for you to maintain eligibility or get scholarship money? Does it make you ineligible to enroll at your school (as a multiple degree holder)?  I would make sure that this doesn't conflict with your future plans. It's easy enough to come back and pick up degrees you need/want at a later date, but you definitely don't want to mess with your scholarships and eligibility.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Now it makes sense why you are going for the associate's degree.

One thing great about TESU is that getting multiple degrees is pretty easy.  

You have almost 120 credits already! You got all of them this year, I assume?  Pretty amazing what you have done so far!

Having a broad amount of knowledge is good in today's world to solve complex problems in society.  Multiple degrees give you options to explore many different types of jobs and find out what you like.
http://www.humanbusiness.eu/purpose-venn-diagram/

Keep us updated on how the TESU classes go.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Ah, right. I thought you were doing this for some other reason, but I was close to the number of associates, bachelors and certs. Taking those number of courses is going to be a bit of hard work, but if you have great time management skills, you should be fine getting that number. Strangely, If I was in your shoes, I would do about the same... multiple credentials/degrees and other offerings for a little extra energy, money, time... I would still recommend revamping that degree set a little differently... as your current plan will not work.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 530 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 456 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 480 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 27 2,228 04-03-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 377 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Quick question about MAN-3760 & MAN-3730 jg_nuy 7 534 03-20-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 362 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 334 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 291 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 652 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger