Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA from UMPI -> ENEB Masters?
Hello,

I want to thank people to telling me about UMPI for the BA degree.
I was wondering if someone has gone that path and if it is even possible?

The reason I am concerned is, that ENEB School requires you to have finished a 4 year RA University in USA (If your degree from from USA), but the online BA from UMPI says it is a 12 Months degree? Or maybe I just missunderstood something and did not read everything through.

Edit: Has anyone done the UMPI Bachelor's degree -> ENEB Master's degree path? Or just used ENEB Master's degree to be evaluated by WES for Canada immigration purposes?
The UMPI degree is NOT a 12-month degree. You may be able to finish it in 12 months (or less), but that's different. It is a 4-year degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-13-2023, 07:16 AM)rachel83az Wrote: The UMPI degree is NOT a 12-month degree. You may be able to finish it in 12 months (or less), but that's different. It is a 4-year degree.

Thank you, yeah I have not paid attention at the credit count because the "finish in 12 months" statement was blinding my eyes xD
 I guess that this question is answered.
ashkir completed his bachelor's degree at UMPI and completed an ENEB master's.
As the others said. UMPI's BAs are 4 year degrees.

Do you remember those kids in high school who took an extra class in the morning (prefirst) and summer school? So by the time they got to their senior year, they had half days, or graduated a semester early? UMPI's like that. You're taking extra classes.

A BA is typically 120 credits. Each class is usually 3 credits. You do 30 credits a year. This is 15 credits per semester. Which turns into 6-9 credits per term. To break it down:

BA = 40 classes
Year One
> Semester 1 = 5 classes
-> Term 1 = 2 classes
-> Term 2 = 3 classes
> Semester 2 = 5 classes
-> Term 1 = 2 classes
-> Term 2 = 3 classes
Year Two
> Semester 1 = 5 classes
-> Term 1 = 2 classes
-> Term 2 = 3 classes
> Semester 2 = 5 classes
-> Term 1 = 2 classes
-> Term 2 = 3 classes
Year Three
> Semester 1 = 5 classes
-> Term 1 = 2 classes
-> Term 2 = 3 classes
> Semester 2 = 5 classes
-> Term 1 = 2 classes
-> Term 2 = 3 classes
Year Four
> Semester 1 = 5 classes
-> Term 1 = 2 classes
-> Term 2 = 3 classes
> Semester 2 = 5 classes
-> Term 1 = 2 classes
-> Term 2 = 3 classes

What's happening when we're at UMPI is this:
Year 1
> Semester 1
-> transfer in 16 classes at Sophia 
-> Term 1 = 2 classes
-> Term 2 = 3 Class

So by doing the minimum at UMPI in one semester, you finished 21 classes with your Sophia transfer. That's over 50% of your degree. Now people who spend ALL of their time on UMPI, weekends, nights, take time off work, are able to finish 5-8 classes per term on average. This means for example:
> Semester 1
-> Term 1 = 7 classes
-> Term 2 = 8 Class
> Semester 2
-> term 1 = 6 classes
-> Term 2 = 3 classes
DONE IN ONE YEAR

Some people are crazy like me and have managed to do 13-15 classes in a single TERM. 

(03-13-2023, 12:31 PM)ss20ts Wrote: ashkir completed his bachelor's degree at UMPI and completed an ENEB master's.

Indeed! The Master's programs are easy to get into after UMPI's BA. ss20ts and I both went onto grad programs.

I did my MAOL at UMPI, did an MBA at ENEB, and went onto a doctorate from Virginia University of Lynchburg.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • lucillegyl
(03-24-2023, 02:58 PM)ashkir Wrote: As the others said. UMPI's BAs are 4 year degrees.

Do you remember those kids in high school who took an extra class in the morning (prefirst) and summer school? So by the time they got to their senior year, they had half days, or graduated a semester early? UMPI's like that. You're taking extra classes.

A BA is typically 120 credits. Each class is usually 3 credits. You do 30 credits a year. This is 15 credits per semester. Which turns into 6-9 credits per term. To break it down:

BA = 40 classes
Year One
> Semester 1 = 5 classes
-> Term 1 = 2 classes
-> Term 2 = 3 classes
> Semester 2 = 5 classes
-> Term 1 = 2 classes
-> Term 2 = 3 classes
Year Two
> Semester 1 = 5 classes
-> Term 1 = 2 classes
-> Term 2 = 3 classes
> Semester 2 = 5 classes
-> Term 1 = 2 classes
-> Term 2 = 3 classes
Year Three
> Semester 1 = 5 classes
-> Term 1 = 2 classes
-> Term 2 = 3 classes
> Semester 2 = 5 classes
-> Term 1 = 2 classes
-> Term 2 = 3 classes
Year Four
> Semester 1 = 5 classes
-> Term 1 = 2 classes
-> Term 2 = 3 classes
> Semester 2 = 5 classes
-> Term 1 = 2 classes
-> Term 2 = 3 classes

What's happening when we're at UMPI is this:
Year 1
> Semester 1
-> Term 1 = 2 classes
-> Term 2 = 3 Class

So by doing the minimum at UMPI in one semester, you finished 21 classes with your Sophia transfer. That's over 50% of your degree. Now people who spend ALL of their time on UMPI, weekends, nights, take time off work, are able to finish 5-8 classes per term on average. This means for example:
> Semester 1
-> Term 1 = 7 classes
-> Term 2 = 8 Class
> Semester 2
-> term 1 = 6 classes
-> Term 2 = 3 classes
DONE IN ONE YEAR

Some people are crazy like me and have managed to do 13-15 classes in a single TERM. 

(03-13-2023, 12:31 PM)ss20ts Wrote: ashkir completed his bachelor's degree at UMPI and completed an ENEB master's.

Indeed! The Master's programs are easy to get into after UMPI's BA. ss20ts and I both went onto grad programs.

I did my MAOL at UMPI, did an MBA at ENEB, and went onto a doctorate from Virginia University of Lynchburg.

Why did you do two master's degrees though? 

And how is ENEB actually? Is it the same like UoPeople or more like UMPI?

And did UMPI always cost $1500 per session? I remember it being less..

A session is 8 weeks, did you mean session when you said term? I know UoPeople uses the word "Term". Is that the same thing? This got me confusing xD

Also, did you do the fastest UMPI degree? I heard there is a difference between Bs Liberal Arts and Bs of Arts degrees.
Some doctoral programs require 2 master's degrees or 60 graduate level credits.

UMPI used to call the sessions terms. It's the same thing.
@ecdw94, UMPI was 1400/session, it was just recently bumped to 1500/session and system changed from Strut to Brightspace... Some doctoral level degrees have credit requirements for entry or they may require externships for those who only have some graduate credit. VUL's DHA has a 24 credit externship if you do not have enough graduate credits to hit 90 when you finish the studies there. Thus, it's best to have a second Masters than just getting grad credit...

For UMPI, they have the BA, BAS, BLS, BABA... Liberal Arts/Studies = Broader range of arts/science classes, minor is the only option. Arts/Sciences = Option to have a major or major with concentrations, in addition to minors. It won't really matter if you're going to go for a Masters or beyond, you just need the prerequisites to get to that Masters fulfilled while doing your Bachelors, otherwise you'll need make up classes such as a bridge program.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-07-2023, 06:46 PM)ecdw94 Wrote: Why did you do two master's degrees though? 

ashkir wanted to avoid an externship at VUL. Other people may have other reasons for getting multiple Master's degrees.

(10-07-2023, 06:46 PM)ecdw94 Wrote: And how is ENEB actually? Is it the same like UoPeople or more like UMPI?
Neither, really. Mostly like UMPI, however. Each ENEB class is graded based on a single final paper/project. Unlike UMPI, there aren't deadlines as such. The only deadline is that you have about 1 year from purchase to finish every ENEB class you need to take. It's possible to extend this time, if needed, in various ways.

(10-07-2023, 06:46 PM)ecdw94 Wrote: And did UMPI always cost $1500 per session? I remember it being less..
It used to be $1400, so it has gone up in price. But not that much.

(10-07-2023, 06:46 PM)ecdw94 Wrote: Also, did you do the fastest UMPI degree? I heard there is a difference between Bs Liberal Arts and Bs of Arts degrees.

ashkir did a BABA degree. The BABA Management & Leadership has traditionally been the fastest since ashkir completed it, but that seems to be changing slightly as more people sign up for that degree and overwhelm the teachers a bit. Completing a different degree may make more sense if one doesn't want to deal with slow grading shenannigans.

ss20ts did a BLS and then went back to get a BABA. IIRC, it was faster/cheaper that way than trying to complete only the business prerequisite courses needed to get into a Master's degree program. Students who know they want a Master's degree in Business (whether an MBA or something else) should get the BABA. It may be slightly longer than a BLS, but time will be saved overall on the whole process.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 32 420 20 minutes ago
Last Post: crowbird
  Bachelors Psychology to Masters advice Nexum 5 324 3 hours ago
Last Post: BELEEMA
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 10 195 Yesterday, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 174 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  Graduate TAMUC>UMPI graduatemore 7 512 03-21-2024, 09:14 PM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 411 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
  UMPI plan iggym32 3 215 03-20-2024, 05:52 PM
Question Is UMPI my most affordable option? tastyoat 12 478 03-18-2024, 06:00 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 37 1,928 03-18-2024, 03:54 AM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 785 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM