Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA in English TESU Credit by Exam Process
(03-22-2020, 02:39 PM)natshar Wrote: If you do the free ethics course, the free TEEX courses and as many free Sophia courses as you can. You could easily have over half a BA done from TESU or COSC. This wouldn't cost you any money or require any planning. Also, I highly recommend CSM learn its $39 and meets math at TESU and Liberal arts elective at COSC and I believe it meets math at EC. If you are math-phobic I can't recommend CSM enough!

If you are set on either TESU or COSC for a BA. Do this it won't require any planning but I know it will work and easily get you half way done with a BA at either just with these free options.

If you care how they transfer:
https://tesu.sophia.org/
https://excelsior.sophia.org/#benefits
https://charteroak.sophia.org/

Heres what to do:
1. Free ethics course
2. Free TEEX courses (Boring but free, at least try one. If you hate them then move on)
3. Free (for now) Sophia.org
4. CSM course $39 (highly recommended)

You don't have to waste your time doing too much degree planning right now just do the free classes to get started and then go from there once you have some credits.

Also, CLEP and DSST are good options but I can't recommend them right now because most test centers are closed because fo the virus. If you are somehow you are near an open center then give CLEP and DSST a shot.

I would do Sophia before anything else, as those are free for a short time, while everything else is free all the time.  All other courses should be put on the back burner for now - do Sophia NOW.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • ISKBizz15, natshar
(03-22-2020, 12:41 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You really sure you're looking for a BA English or just a BA with any concentration to teach?  I assume you're open to any of the Big 3 as long as it's cheap/easy/fast.  I've read your previous post and it seems you're just looking to teach abroad: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-questions?

You might want to start off reading the Beginner's Guide and also the spreadsheet templates on post #28/31 in my signature.  Don't click onto any links until you get to post #28 or later, those links no longer work as you mentioned, the site for the wiki has changed...

Essentially, the guide was created to help newbies start the process and give them an overview of the requirements and a spreadsheet to show them what can go where as examples.  You should spend some time "reading" forum posts after you have read the basics. 

Everyone here is very helpful and will try to assist you getting to your goal.  Now what sets my answers apart from others on this board is this: Mostly everyone would try to get you two of the three, cheap/easy/fast, where as I look at your info more deeply and try to find a 4th - value on ROI.

And to quickly answer your main concern, what courses from which providers go where.  When you create a spreadsheet template or download mine, it'll show you the requirements needed for the degree.  40 courses total 120 credits, you need to look at providers that you're interested in, change the spreadsheet to with the info course you want to take.   Where do you find the course?  That's going to be where you dig through the recommended providers and find the equivalency.  Ta-da, you are done! 

So, to clarify, the previous poster is amazing and provided you the free credits and Sophia.org credits.  My suggestion is to do the exact same thing.  Courses here will go into your general education, free electives and you get over 100 credits free!!!  When you complete one course at a time, update your spreadsheet that you've done English I/II, etc, and color code them done.  Again, view the transfer equivalency to make sure they come over.  Not all providers have the course you need, so you do so with multiple providers.

Last but not least, my recommendation in the spreadsheet template "was" StraighterLine/Study.com, you should do the Sophia.org/Study.com combo for the win.  Here are the links to the equivalency, you download my template, update it when you're done.  Hope this helps, have fun, good luck... keep safe during this lockdown period, it's the perfect time to start!

To begin, you need to setup an ACE credit registry account to "credit bank" all your courses you have completed from different providers.
Sign up here: https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseaction=transcripts.main , when prompted for a SSN - it's optional, leave it blank!

1) Sign up for FREE courses for College Credit to get you started on the process, these course are all FREE and gives you up to 15 college credits.
Once you're done with these courses, you need to add them into your ACE credit registry: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Free_Sources_of_Credit
So, please sign up for the FREE ethics course and the FREE TEEX Cybersecurity courses and the two Sophia.org FREE credit ones.

2)  Sophia.org has ALL their courses FREE right now because of the Coronavirus COVID-19, all schools are closed and they wanted to provide some promotional studies to students affected.  Each of these courses are $329 USD, there are 33+ courses, this equals to ~$11,000 worth of college credit FREE!  Sign up for it right away but you should not start the courses until you are ready, you can set the dates for starting the courses later, each and every one of them.  They have 33 courses, that's ~99 credits towards a Bachelors degree!

3) ModernStates.org, CLEP & AP Vouchers - If you look at the link above for FREE credits, this is listed because they provide Vouchers for exams and also reimburse you for your exam fees.  There is a test center downtown, you do not want to do the tests yet but you may want to get the vouchers for later use.  They have up to 33 courses of credits to be obtained, that also equates to ~99 credits!

4) Depending on your school (COSC/EC/TESU) Your 15-30 Upper Level requirements can come from a slew of providers but Study.com is the cheapest/easiest/fastest of the bunch and the value is, it has the most amount of Upper Level that overlaps in subject materials so you can get the courses you need to finish the degree here!
 Thanks so much, especially regarding the free Sophia courses. Been taking advantage of that the last couple of days. Still can't access a lot of the more helpful looking links but I'm sure I'll be able to locate more info once I become more familiar with the forum. I have noticed that certain courses that were supposed to transfer to TESU according to Sophia are now not including TESU as a transfer option and the page detailing all of the courses accepted by TESU has been removed. That's somewhat troubling.  I have noticed that Excelsior seems to accept more of these courses than TESU, do you think it would be sensible to simply accrue as much credit as possible and then get evaluations from TESU, COSC and Excelsior and just go with whichever one accepts the most of them?
No worries, always here to help. I would recommend doing all you can with the FREE courses (Sophia.org and the ones mentioned in the wiki) to get you past that 100 credit mark. I highly advise you to get the Sophia ones done first, you can change the dates BEFORE you start the course (not during the course). So what I do is, start one course at a time, and change the dates to 3 months in advance to remind me when I start the other ones. If I don't get to that course in time, I extend that by changing the dates again.

Anyways, if you are wanting to do all you can, yes, I would recommending doing everything (including the foundation courses, because Excelsior takes them!). Just to note, even if Excelsior takes them, they still may be more expensive than TESU if not the same cost, they require 30 UL credits whereas TESU requires 15 for the BALS. BTW, shoot for the BALS first, but add the BA English if you want to see how close you are with them both.

Lastly, if cost is major concern or a factor, COSC will be the cheapest. Your BALS would be looked at identically, if it came from any of the three schools. If you're in CT, go for the COSC degree, if in NY, Excelsior, and NJ, TESU. Good luck and happy studies!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Sophia? Free credits?

Whoa, it is a pure gem. Thanks for pointing it out.
In Progress:
BS Statistics + BS Physics, Indonesia, 2023
MSc ML/AI (LJMU, UK), 2022
Completed:
PGDip ML/AI (IIITB, India), 2021
BE Civil Engineering, Universitas Pelita Harapan, 2017
I just got an email from Modernstates "Modern States offers AP courses, too"

Since AP exams are now online will it benefit me in anyway if I take AP exams? Can I exchange it for credits? If so how much I need to achieve as a score?

PS: I am an Adult.
(03-22-2020, 02:39 PM)natshar Wrote: If you do the free ethics course, the free TEEX courses and as many free Sophia courses as you can. You could easily have over half a BA done from TESU or COSC. This wouldn't cost you any money or require any planning. Also, I highly recommend CSM learn its $39 and meets math at TESU and Liberal arts elective at COSC and I believe it meets math at EC. If you are math-phobic I can't recommend CSM enough!

If you are set on either TESU or COSC for a BA. Do this it won't require any planning but I know it will work and easily get you half way done with a BA at either just with these free options.

Heres what to do:
1. Free ethics course
2. Free TEEX courses (Boring but free, at least try one. If you hate them then move on)

You don't have to waste your time doing too much degree planning right now just do the free classes to get started and then go from there once you have some credits.

Also, CLEP and DSST are good options but I can't recommend them right now because most test centers are closed because fo the virus. If you are somehow you are near an open center then give CLEP and DSST a shot.

What is CSM?
Completed:
Pierpont Community & Technical College | BOG A.A.S. | AOE: Communication [Graduated 12/08/23]
111 college credits as of January 2024 [40 credits completed @ 4-yr college; 71 credits from CLEP, Coopersmith, InstantCert, Lawshelf, Sophia, & TEEX]

In progress: 
UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies [Management minor]
Sophia: Human Biology Lab, French I & Business Communication

(03-25-2020, 06:22 PM)Michelle779 Wrote:

Heres what to do:
1. Free ethics course

What is CSM?
CSMLearn
i emailed CSMLearn 3 days ago and they said it is accepted at Excelsior as a free elective credit. Not math.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

(03-25-2020, 06:06 PM)msa145 Wrote: I just got an email from Modernstates "Modern States offers AP courses, too"

Since AP exams are now online will it benefit me in anyway if I take AP exams? Can I exchange it for credits? If so how much I need to achieve as a score?

PS: I am an Adult.

The deadline to sign up for AP Exams has passed; it was in October for year-long courses, and February for for late-start or semester-long courses starting after Nov 15.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-25-2020, 08:18 PM)TwinMom Wrote:

Heres what to do:
1. Free ethics course

What is CSM?
CSMLearn
i emailed CSMLearn 3 days ago and they said it is accepted at Excelsior as a free elective credit. Not math.
Thanks!

Do you know if it’s accepted at COSC?
Completed:
Pierpont Community & Technical College | BOG A.A.S. | AOE: Communication [Graduated 12/08/23]
111 college credits as of January 2024 [40 credits completed @ 4-yr college; 71 credits from CLEP, Coopersmith, InstantCert, Lawshelf, Sophia, & TEEX]

In progress: 
UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies [Management minor]
Sophia: Human Biology Lab, French I & Business Communication

(03-25-2020, 09:21 PM)Michelle779 Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 08:18 PM)TwinMom Wrote:
What is CSM?
CSMLearn
Thanks!

Do you know if it’s accepted at COSC?

It is as a free liberal arts elective.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,342 Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 529 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 456 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 480 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 260 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,234 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 376 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 279 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27